What are you giving up for lent TBD style?

Kirby Jackson

With today being the first day of Lent many of us Catholics give something up for the next 40

days. I thought that it would be fun to give something up related to TBD. You can give up whatever you want (engaging certain posters, avoiding certain topics, not piling on certain players, etc...). 

I tossed around a few a few different ideas in my head. Should I not talk about how bad Peterman is? Should I avoid Tyrod topics? Etc... I decided that I would do a little bit of both. I will not talk about the performance of the QBs that were on the roster last year as I don’t think either is on the team this year. Obviously if TT’s option unexpectedly gets picked up that changes things. Any interactions regarding the QB from me will be with a focus on 2018 and beyond. No more discussion about 5 picks or plays left on the field. Today is an unofficial page turn.

What are you guys giving up? 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With today being the first day of Lent many of us Catholics give something up for the next 40

days. I thought that it would be fun to give something up related to TBD. You can give up whatever you want (engaging certain posters, avoiding certain topics, not piling on certain players, etc...). 

I tossed around a few a few different ideas in my head. Should I not talk about how bad Peterman is? Should I avoid Tyrod topics? Etc... I decided that I would do a little bit of both. I will not talk about the performance of the QBs that were on the roster last year as I don’t think either is on the team this year. Obviously if TT’s option unexpectedly gets picked up that changes things. Any interactions regarding the QB from me will be with a focus on 2018 and beyond. No more discussion about 5 picks or plays left on the field. Today is an unofficial page turn.

What are you guys giving up? 

Kirby, what are your thoughts on Tyrod and Peterman?? Jk

In all seriousness I think those things have been exhausted, so probably better for everyone's sanity to avoid them until actual news (trade, cut, whatever)

Good luck with lent though!

Thankfully I've never been religious, so I haven't been graced with the joys of lent.

:)

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Kirby, what are your thoughts on Tyrod and Peterman?? Jk

In all seriousness I think those things have been exhausted, so probably better for everyone's sanity to avoid them until actual news (trade, cut, whatever)

Good luck with lent though!

Thankfully I've never been religious, so I haven't been graced with the joys of lent.

:)

I’m not religious either. I just use lent as a time to say that I’m going to do something that will put me in a better place. It never works. Every year though I vow to work on it though. This is the year though :beer:

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have been doing actually what I have given up. Very rarely come to the board right now enjoying life away from Buffalo Bills Football Stuff 

You did make a great contribution here though!! I spit my coffee out. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not religious either. I just use lent as a time to say that I’m going to do something that will put me in a better place. It never works. Every year though I vow to work on it though. This is the year though :beer:

You did make a great contribution here though!! I spit my coffee out. 

End the drought Kirby!

I'm not going to dignify posters with a response if they insist on being blatantly disingenuous, or if they claim that I'm defending a point that I never made in the first place.

So I won't be posting much. Unless it's questions/critique of my preliminary offseason plan, I'll probably respond to that.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

How can you tell when you're getting old?

When your wife gives up sex for Lent and you don't find out until Easter. ;-)

I am off to get Ashes this morning and my new Lent thing has been to do something Good everyday during Lent - so perhaps I  should try and say something Positive about a Post during these next 40 days - if the Draft goes south it may be hard though

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

I'm giving up silly Roman superstitions.  Burn in hell, papist scum!

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Catholicism

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As an agnostic atheist who practices the tenants of Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, and Voodoo  I will give up nothing. :rolleyes:

Hey I got something, you guys could give up being pretentious pricks for lent.

• Thank you (+1) 1