The Thread For Greg's Stashes

3rdnlng

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

1.) She should have taken the ***** plea.

2.) What in the blue hell is this prosecutor doing with a 3rd superceding indictment? As in the 4th ***** time he presented the case to a grand jury. That's starting to reek of shadiness.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I find this absurd. If she had built a gym at some random college her kids would have gotten in no problem and no one would have blinked. The 10 days Felicity Huffman served were also ridiculous. Have them plead to community service and fund scholarships (at least in the amount of the "bribes") for low-income students. 

As I understand it, they didn't pay the college, they paid individuals to con the admissions process.  That's outright fraud.  So I say ***** 'em, both the parents and the college employees who took the bribes.  Hope they all end up in prison.  And I especially have no sympathy for the arrogant jerks could have taken a plea deal.

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

As I understand it, they didn't pay the college, they paid individuals to con the admissions process.  That's outright fraud.  So I say ***** 'em, both the parents and the college employees who took the bribes.  Hope they all end up in prison.  And I especially have no sympathy for the arrogant jerks could have taken a plea deal.

They paid individuals to create false documentation justifying preferential admissions treatment, including, as I understand it, the granting of sports scholarships.  

It's not illegal to pay to get in to a school - I did it, paid grad school out of my own pocket, to side-step admissions bull####.  What I didn't do is falsify my scholastic record and GREs, though.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Omfg...  *this thread*

@Koko78 and any other legal eagles in the building, check this bad boy out.

Wow. What a douche.

Very few people realize that most valuable asset any attorney has is his reputation in the legal community. It takes years/decades to build, and seconds to destroy. Dealing with other attorneys, prosecutors, judges, clerks, etc. is so much smoother, and better for your client, when they can trust what you say. For example, with a phone call, my boss can make schitt happen in most counties in WNY - and to a certain extent across NYS - because he's spent 50 years building, earning, and maintaining his reputation.

Getting caught perpetrating a fraud on the Court (and on opposing counsel) is deadly to most careers. Especially on something so ***** stupid as missing a discovery conference that was set up a week in advance.

When you do something like miss a conference as an attorney, you man up, say you're sorry, take your licks, and move on with life - no harm done. Quintoupling down on stupidity and lies is client-level insanity. He may very well not be practicing in that jurisdiction for a good long while because of this.

• Thank you (+1) 1