Swan Song for Belichick and Brady?

57 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Wishing retirement on a hated rival, is a pathetic conversation.

I "hate" them for all of the previously mentioned reasons,

but let's build a team that will destroy them.

Isn't Jealousy one of the seven deadly sins?

Always the sanctimonious ass.

I highly doubt this would ever happen, but I would be ecstatic if it were true.

The dumpster fire the Pats would become would be delicious! They've prided themselves on using no-names in their system for so long, that to lose Brady and the mastermind behind it all, Belichick, would cripple that team's competitive ability for years. 

And trading away Jimmy G on top of it? Man, they'd just nose dive next season...It'd be glorious!

6 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Not sure about Brady, but I can see it foe Belichick.

Tasker was on wgr this week saying it was his opinion, but he thinks Belichick is done.  He has been acting differently this time around and already said he will not coach into his 70s.  He now has to build a whole new staff.  Doesn't know if he wants to do that at his age.

He already built it.mnew coordinators already in the building. Chad o shea will take over the offense and brian flores wil lbe d coord.

4 hours ago, macaroni said:

I have been predicting that this is Belichick's last year because of the Garropolo fiasco . The whole thing is contrary to Bill's MO, he has NEVER chosen to keep an aging veteran over the up and coming (and cheaper) young stud. IMHO he was over ruled by Kraft and forced to send Garropolo packing, it just makes NO sense to trade away your 3rd string QB, then part way through the season to trade away your 2nd string QB for peanuts ... something is rotten in Denmark there .... I can see Belichick feeling ... "I've proved my greatness, you think you can run this team better than I can ... have at it".

As far as Brady retiring ... I don't see it, he got his way, he has proved his "stuff" is bigger than Belichick's "stuff" ... he's a happy camper so I see him back for at least next year ... BUT ... if next year ends up a fecal storm because of the front office turnover, look for Tommy boy to bail quicker than a rat from a sinking ship.

This makes no sense on so many levels I dont know where to start.

1.Garrapolo  isnt cheaper than Brady his contract is going to avg. 24 mil a year.

2. Bradys dead cap hit would be around 14 mil for the next 2 years.

3. Kraft hasnt made a football decision in 17 years, he is not going to start now.

29 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

He already built it.mnew coordinators already in the building. Chad o shea will take over the offense and brian flores wil lbe d coord.

This makes no sense on so many levels I dont know where to start.

1.Garrapolo  isnt cheaper than Brady his contract is going to avg. 24 mil a year.

2. Bradys dead cap hit would be around 14 mil for the next 2 years.

3. Kraft hasnt made a football decision in 17 years, he is not going to start now.

Sliding coordinators in is not seemless. The guys exiting are really good. No doubt they are taking a step back and will Belichick sit through it. I have my doubts. 

Edited by Ittakestime

7 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Sliding coordinators in is not seemless. The guys exiting are really good. No doubt they are taking a step back and will Belichick sit through it. I have my doubts. 

They started the same way. Bb groomed them

7 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Not buying it.....Brady always said he would retire when he can't play at a high level....he just got crowned MVP...why would he stop.....Belichick will set up a new coaching staff like he did when Crennel and Weis left.... his kid who is a coach needs daddy a few more years before taking over.....

We are stuck with them for another 2 years IMO.....no matter what happens tonight....

Yes he did. And it also took 10 years after they left for them to win another Super Bowl.

I have a feeling both will be back next year, and starting next year we start to see them on the down swing. 

6 hours ago, Augie said:

If only one were to retire, who would you rather see go? 

Belichick, without a doubt. 

Brady will be 41 before next season. Father Time catches up to everyone, I don't care who you are, and MAN would it be satisfying to see that happen on the field. 

Belichick could decide to pull a Tom Coughlin and coach until he is well into his 70's.  

He is the puppet master in New England. Everything is done his way, to his standards. He is like a king there. Everyone does what he says without question. That would be a huge hit to lose him. He is irreplaceable IMO (so is Brady though).

His attention to every little minute detail is the stuff of legend. I mean, stuff as insignificant as counting how many times a QB coming up on their schedule turns his head to the left or right. He even studies officiating crews to see what penalties they call more often and which they let go, and all sorts of other crazy stuff no one else in the league probably even thinks of. 

He is also the absolute master of in game adjustments. I don't think anyone adjusts the game plan during a game as well as he does. 

They could find another good coach and still still be a dangerous team with Brady, but I just can't see anyone coming in and replacing Belichick and his total obsession for preparing for an opponent. 

The other thing -

with both coordinators leaving, if Belichick left too it would be very hard to keep all of their schemes/systems/culture etc. the same. Someone could come in and try to do it like they did, but it likely wouldn't be the same. 

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Belichick, without a doubt. 

Brady will be 41 before next season. Father Time catches up to everyone, I don't care who you are, and MAN would it be satisfying to see that happen on the field. 

Belichick could decide to pull a Tom Coughlin and coach until he is well into his 70's.  

He is the puppet master in New England. Everything is done his way, to his standards. He is like a king there. Everyone does what he says without question. That would be a huge hit to lose him. He is irreplaceable IMO (so is Brady though).

His attention to every little minute detail is the stuff of legend. I mean, stuff as insignificant as counting how many times a QB coming up on their schedule turns his head to the left or right. He even studies officiating crews to see what penalties they call more often and which they let go, and all sorts of other crazy stuff no one else in the league probably even thinks of. 

He is also the absolute master of in game adjustments. I don't think anyone adjusts the game plan during a game as well as he does. 

They could find another good coach and still still be a dangerous team with Brady, but I just can't see anyone coming in and replacing Belichick and his total obsession for preparing for an opponent. 

The other thing -

with both coordinators leaving, if Belichick left too it would be very hard to keep all of their schemes/systems/culture etc. the same. Someone could come in and try to do it like they did, but it likely wouldn't be the same. 

Between that and dumping TWO backup QB’s, and it makes me wonder if he’s not trying to stick it to Kraft who declared Tommy off limits! 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I can see Bill, he’s a lot older then he looks and what else does he really need to prove? Brady I can’t see it. Why would he keep saying he wants to play until he’s 45 if he’s going to retire tonight? What’s the incentive to volunteer the information of wanting to keep going?

i think brady knows he is toast without belichick.  wouldnt be surprised if he would call it quits as well