QB/WR/LB FREE AGENT NEEDS

DKBills25

Hey bills fans 

So all this talk of free agents had me thinking of who our bills should bring in or what would be best for our team so I would like to know who for each position you would love to see our bills pick up in FA 

I’d love to see 

QB:Bradford

WR: Landry 

LB: Bradham

2 out of 3 and I say we win FA

let me see who you guys would like to see become a Bill next year 

GO BILLS  

Bradham likely doesn't fit the character mold McDermott looks for, but he would be a good fit. I like Bradham, but I don't see him as a realistic play for us.

Bradford is the real life version of Mr. Glass. He wouldn't make it 6 weeks behind our OL. 

:censored: Jarvis Landry. Not only is he another prima donna in the mold of OBJ, he's also the dirty bastard that basically ended AW's career. He will get big money from someone and it sure as hell won't be us. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

QB - Josh McCown 

WR - Allen Robinson, Marquis Lee, Terrell Pryor (in order)

LB - skipping. Not a Great LBer UFA class IMO

DT - Star Lotulelei 

I agree that the linebacker class isn't great but there are a few that have potential in the later rounds. 

I am in love with this DT class.  Wouldn't be surprised if we double dip in this class. 

The wide receivers are underwhelming but there are some talents there.  I'd prefer looking at the tight end class and potentially replacing Clay. 

This is a pretty darn good TE class to get their next Greg Olson for their new QB. 

Such a deep runningback class, could see us grabbing one in the 4th or 5th rounds.  There's so many, we could get a good one that late.  Hopefully finding what Karlos Williams could've been before he got fat.  

Tahir Whitehead would probably be a good addition to our defense. Or maybe we can swing a trade for Shaq Thompson or the Eagles Mychal Kendrick's? Kendrick's was on the trading block at one point and I believe they don't have a lot of cap space this off season? That would shore up OLB. Than we aim to draft a MLB.

50 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

1. Bradford-better shot at keeping Humpty Dumpty in one piece.

2. Landry-Tom yes, the punk no (Aaron Williams approves of this message).

3. Bradham-legal brushes/troubles eliminate him from the McD character guys list.

Landry would be a major wide receiver upgrade talent wise.

Williams addressed the issue with his retirement, said he has no ill will towards Landry, and that he grew up loving those hits, and it would be hypocritical to hold a grudge against him for that hit.

Was that him just taking the high road? Maybe.

I remember when it happened, and Landry directly apologized during the game and publicly.

(This is all just me bringing up things regarding the situation)

Having said all that, I'm sure there are many Buffalo fans who will never forgive Landry, which is understandable.

There's also many who will complain about it, but forgive if he produces good numbers.

There's also many who probably feel like Williams, it was an unnecessary hit, but not something they hold a grudge over.

However, if this was the only knock on Landry, then I'm sure MCD might give him a look.

Unfortunately he's a diva, potential locker room personality issue, who comes with potential bad blood with the fans and players.

That's not what MCD seems to be about, and I would bet they don't even give him a call.

31 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Landry would be a major wide receiver upgrade talent wise.

Williams addressed the issue with his retirement, said he has no ill will towards Landry, and that he grew up loving those hits, and it would be hypocritical to hold a grudge against him for that hit.

Was that him just taking the high road? Maybe.

I remember when it happened, and Landry directly apologized during the game and publicly.

(This is all just me bringing up things regarding the situation)

Having said all that, I'm sure there are many Buffalo fans who will never forgive Landry, which is understandable.

There's also many who will complain about it, but forgive if he produces good numbers.

There's also many who probably feel like Williams, it was an unnecessary hit, but not something they hold a grudge over.

However, if this was the only knock on Landry, then I'm sure MCD might give him a look.

Unfortunately he's a diva, potential locker room personality issue, who comes with potential bad blood with the fans and players.

That's not what MCD seems to be about, and I would bet they don't even give him a call.

Landry would never come close to passing the McDermott/Beane merit badge test. 

Landry is one of the only players that could erode my love for the Bills. I want nothing to do with him ever.  Bradford is solid, when he isn’t broken, he’s always broken.no thanks. 

Always loved me some bradham. Was pissed when we let him walk.  He’s exactly what this team needs.  Too bad McD won’t want him. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Landry would never come close to passing the McDermott/Beane merit badge test. 

Oh I agree

I was trying trying to be objective in regards to his talents

I personally don't want him based on his general attitude, the Williams thing I'm indifferent to only because Williams publicly forgave him.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Landry is a punk, pure and simple. I’d rather have signed Bryan Cox back in the day than that ahole. 

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

LANDRY????? WTF???  that would be like the Bills signing Bryan Cox back in the day.  no thanks

You two one after the other lol!!!

• Like (+1) 1

QB - Kirk Cousins, Redskins (30)
QB - Sam Bradford, Vikings (31)
QB - Case Keenum, Vikings (30)
QB - Teddy Bridgewater, Vikings (26)
QB - *AJ McCarron, Bengals (27)
QB - Chase Daniel, Saints (32)

WR - Paul Richardson, Seahawks (26)
WR - *Adam Humphries, Bucs (25)
WR - Ryan Grant, Redskins (27)
WR - Albert Wilson, Chiefs (26)
WR - Taylor Gabriel, Falcons (28)
WR - De'Anthony Thomas, Chiefs (26)
WR - Brenton Bersin, Panthers (28)
WR - Jordan Matthews, Bills (27)
WR - Cody Latimer, Broncos (26)
WR - Kendall Wright, Titans (28)
WR - Brandon Tate, Bills (30)
WR - Michael Campanaro, Ravens (27)
WR - John Brown, Cardinals (28)
WR - *TJ Jones, Lions (26)
WR - Deonte Thompson, Bills (29)
WR - Brice Butler, Cowboys (28)
WR - Jaron Brown, Cardinals (28)
WR - Bruce Ellington, Texans (27)
WR - Tavarres King, Giants (28)
WR - Brian Quick, Redskins (29)

OLB - Tahir Whitehead, Lions (28)
OLB - Nigel Bradham, Eagles (29)
OLB - Anthony Hitchens, Cowboys (27)
OLB - Todd Davis, Broncos (26)
OLB - Michael Wilhoite, Seahawks (31)

MLB - NaVorro Bowman, 49ers (30)
MLB - Avery Williamson, Titans (26)
MLB - Korey Toomer, Chargers (29)
MLB - Josh Bynes, Cardinals (29)

* Restricted Free Agent

Landy is 99% not of their radar

I Like Bradford a lot but will they due to his injuries

What exactly did Bradham do to get in trouble.  

The need a mlb and dt or 2 

and another wr 

It will be very interesting how they spend their money 

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

QB - Kirk Cousins, Redskins (30)
QB - Sam Bradford, Vikings (31)
QB - Case Keenum, Vikings (30)
QB - Teddy Bridgewater, Vikings (26)
QB - *AJ McCarron, Bengals (27)
QB - Chase Daniel, Saints (32)

WR - Paul Richardson, Seahawks (26)
WR - *Adam Humphries, Bucs (25)
WR - Ryan Grant, Redskins (27)
WR - Albert Wilson, Chiefs (26)
WR - Taylor Gabriel, Falcons (28)
WR - De'Anthony Thomas, Chiefs (26)
WR - Brenton Bersin, Panthers (28)
WR - Jordan Matthews, Bills (27)
WR - Cody Latimer, Broncos (26)
WR - Kendall Wright, Titans (28)
WR - Brandon Tate, Bills (30)
WR - Michael Campanaro, Ravens (27)
WR - John Brown, Cardinals (28)
WR - *TJ Jones, Lions (26)
WR - Deonte Thompson, Bills (29)
WR - Brice Butler, Cowboys (28)
WR - Jaron Brown, Cardinals (28)
WR - Bruce Ellington, Texans (27)
WR - Tavarres King, Giants (28)
WR - Brian Quick, Redskins (29)

OLB - Tahir Whitehead, Lions (28)
OLB - Nigel Bradham, Eagles (29)
OLB - Anthony Hitchens, Cowboys (27)
OLB - Todd Davis, Broncos (26)
OLB - Michael Wilhoite, Seahawks (31)

MLB - NaVorro Bowman, 49ers (30)
MLB - Avery Williamson, Titans (26)
MLB - Korey Toomer, Chargers (29)
MLB - Josh Bynes, Cardinals (29)

* Restricted Free Agent

Gabriel is interesting , solves a few issues shouldn't break the bank 

• Like (+1) 1

QB- Keep Tyrod (Sorry Tyrod haters but with Smith off the table I don't see where the Bills can get a veteran upgrade better than Tyrod) and draft a rookie

LB- Anthony Hitchens or Shaq Barrett

DT- Star  Lotulelei 

Resign Gaines and your best backups and I think you go into the draft set up for success. You got your run stuffing anchor, plugged a hole at LB, and kept your second best corner. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

QB- Keep Tyrod (Sorry Tyrod haters but with Smith off the table I don't see where the Bills can get a veteran upgrade better than Tyrod) and draft a rookie

DT- Star  Lotulelei 

Resign Gaines and your best backups and I think you go into the draft set up for success. You got your run stuffing anchor, plugged a hole at LB, and kept your second best corner. 

Josh McCown is and upgrade, and will be much cheaper. 

Dont like any UFA LBers to give decent UFA Money 

Star yep i agree and think he will get 8-10 AVV

14 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

LANDRY????? WTF???  that would be like the Bills signing Bryan Cox back in the day.  no thanks

Haha, just saw this post. Great minds, what can I say? I give a reciprocal thumbs up!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Josh McCown is and upgrade, and will be much cheaper. 

Dont like any UFA LBers to give decent UFA Money 

Star yep i agree and think he will get 8-10 AVV

I don't think Star will get 8-10 AVV, I think 5-7 is much more likely. The DT market is flooded and guys who are only run stuffers at that position aren't valued compared to guys who can penetrate the pocket and rush QB's which Star can't do that well. 

I don't see Josh McCown as an upgrade at all. Considering the circumstances McCown had a good year with the Jets but the dude will 39 and his year was solid on a really bad team but he honestly is due for a regression esp factoring in his age. I think you aren't going to get McCown's production from 2017 in 2018, I think you see him regress to his mean. Give me Tyrod even for more cap space than McCown. 

As far as linebackers the Bills need to bring in 1 veteran, Milano is the only player at that position that you can count of starting going into 2018, you can't count on drafting 2 players at that position. You need to plug one of those holes before going into the draft. 

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

DT- Star  Lotulelei 

...who knows?...Dennison was inconsistent as hell with his play calling......one week he would make an effort to utilize TT's mobility and there were some successful games....other weeks he did a 180..........hopefully the offensive scheme is a collaborative effort with Daboll having significant input to determine a possible fit......at the same time, I just don't see where the passing game could become a consistent weapon when called upon with regularity.........as has been commented on 8,483 times, the mental aspect of the game ala reads, progressions, anticipating/spotting receivers, etc continues to be a weakness IMO and I don't know how you overcome it after 7 years at this level....

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't think Star will get 8-10 AVV, I think 5-7 is much more likely. The DT market is flooded and guys who are only run stuffers at that position aren't valued compared to guys who can penetrate the pocket and rush QB's which Star can't do that well. 

I don't see Josh McCown as an upgrade at all. Considering the circumstances McCown had a good year with the Jets but the dude will 39 and his year was solid on a really bad team but he honestly is due for a regression esp factoring in his age. I think you aren't going to get McCown's production from 2017 in 2018, I think you see him regress to his mean. Give me Tyrod even for more cap space than McCown. 

As far as linebackers the Bills need to bring in 1 veteran, Milano is the only player at that position that you can count of starting going into 2018, you can't count on drafting 2 players at that position. You need to plug one of those holes before going into the draft. 

Star will get 8M AVV IMO that really is about what his projected Market value is at Spotrac ans they are normally pretty good. 

McCown for what I want is the perfect Solution. Come week one he wouldnt be starting anyway if my plan works out. And likely would be cut. I want my rookie i draft starting week 1 

Brown isnt going anywhere IMO. So i need a starting OLB. I think i find that in the draft or in the FA period after the draft 

understand your points but think i needed to give my thinking at each position 

Edited by MAJBobby

3 hours ago, DKBills25 said:

Hey bills fans 

So all this talk of free agents had me thinking of who our bills should bring in or what would be best for our team so I would like to know who for each position you would love to see our bills pick up in FA 

I’d love to see 

QB:Bradford

WR: Landry 

LB: Bradham

2 out of 3 and I say we win FA

let me see who you guys would like to see become a Bill next year 

GO BILLS  

QB - Teddy Bridgewater (He will run Dabols RPO offence) 

WR - Jordan Mathews 

LB - Bradham 

Edited by wppete

Star ⭐️ has underwhelmed in the last couple of years . There are better FA DT’s out there. That being said he would be a good fit. Hopefully for around 7 Million will get him to Buffalo. May have some competition for his services from the N.Y. Giants and Arizona Cardinals 

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Star will get 8M AVV IMO that really is about what his projected Market value is at Spotrac ans they are normally pretty good. 

McCown for what I want is the perfect Solution. Come week one he wouldnt be starting anyway if my plan works out. And likely would be cut. I want my rookie i draft starting week 1 

Brown isnt going anywhere IMO. So i need a starting OLB. I think i find that in the draft or in the FA period after the draft 

understand your points but think i needed to give my thinking at each position 

If the Bills do resign Preston Brown then the need to sign a LB is diminished but I was not impressed by Brown, I would rather take that money and try and get a better player. But you could do worse than Brown. I just don't see Spotrac's projection holding up. I am basing that on the fact that last years DT market was ice cold, top DT's took a lot less money than they were projected to get and DT is becoming as much a pass rush oriented position than a run stuffing one. Star isn't a pass rusher, he is a very good run defender who can hold the line against double teams, exactly the type of player the Bills need but not one other teams are going to want to commit 8-10 per year for. 5-7 is where I think he lands, having a lot of DT's out on the market doesn't help his value either. 

McCown's career has followed a trajectory since 2013 when he had his best year with the Bears, 2013 he had his best year, he signed with Tampa Bay and had a terrible year, in 2015 he signed with the Browns and had a good year when he was healthy, in 2016 he had a terrible year with the Browns, 2017 he goes to the Jets and has the second-best year of his career. He is a very up and down QB and even at this best he doesn't really offer anything better than Tyrod who is more consistent. Betting on McCown is horrendously stupid in my opinion given his age and his up and down nature and the fact that at his best he might not even be an upgrade. 

As far as drafting a rookie, if you trade up to the top 3-4 picks to grab a rookie you are basically going to have to give up picks 21-22, a 2nd round pick, and next years 1st to do so. If you do that you pretty much bankrupt the ability to upgrade your roster elsewhere. If you stand pat at pick 21 or do a smaller trade up you get a rookie who likely will need a year to sit. So your plan has to involve either making a massive trade up or starting a vet for 1 more year most likely. 

Edited by billsfan89

15 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

If the Bills do resign Preston Brown then the need to sign a LB is diminished but I was not impressed by Brown, I would rather take that money and try and get a better player. But you could do worse than Brown. I just don't see Spotrac's projection holding up. I am basing that on the fact that last years DT market was ice cold, top DT's took a lot less money than they were projected to get and DT is becoming as much a pass rush oriented position than a run stuffing one. Star isn't a pass rusher, he is a very good run defender who can hold the line against double teams, exactly the type of player the Bills need but not one other teams are going to want to commit 8-10 per year for. 5-7 is where I think he lands, having a lot of DT's out on the market doesn't help his value either. 

McCown's career has followed a trajectory since 2013 when he had his best year with the Bears, 2013 he had his best year, he signed with Tampa Bay and had a terrible year, in 2015 he signed with the Browns and had a good year when he was healthy, in 2016 he had a terrible year with the Browns, 2017 he goes to the Jets and has the second-best year of his career. He is a very up and down QB and even at this best he doesn't really offer anything better than Tyrod who is more consistent. Betting on McCown is horrendously stupid in my opinion given his age and his up and down nature and the fact that at his best he might not even be an upgrade. 

As far as drafting a rookie, if you trade up to the top 3-4 picks to grab a rookie you are basically going to have to give up picks 21-22, a 2nd round pick, and next years 1st to do so. If you do that you pretty much bankrupt the ability to upgrade your roster elsewhere. If you stand pat at pick 21 or do a smaller trade up you get a rookie who likely will need a year to sit. So your plan has to involve either making a massive trade up or starting a vet for 1 more year most likely. 

And thats fine about the draft capital.  If I finally trade up and fix my freaking QB

Edited by MAJBobby

37 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And thats fine about the draft capital.  If I finally trade up and fix my freaking QB

I don't really like any QB's in this draft to be honest. I don't think any of them are worth giving up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder for. I think the team is much better off sticking with Tyrod and seeing what QB's fall to them at pick 21 or so. 

Honestly, if Tyrod was on the roster for another season I wouldn't draft a rookie very high and I would just build the roster up and see what QB's you could make a big play for in 2019. 

Edited by billsfan89

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I don't really like any QB's in this draft to be honest. I don't think any of them are worth giving up 3 1st round picks and a 2nd rounder for. I think the team is much better off sticking with Tyrod and seeing what QB's fall to them at pick 21 or so. 

Honestly, if Tyrod was on the roster for another season I wouldn't draft a rookie very high and I would just build the roster up and see what QB's you could make a big play for in 2019. 

Did you think Wentz was worth his tradeuo package? Goff?

and again how often has kick the QB can until next year worked for the Bills?

would they be in a better situation right now if they took Watson or Mahommes at 10?  

Stop kicking the can and finally adequately address the most important position on the football field 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Did you think Wentz was worth his tradeuo package? Goff?

and again how often has kick the QB can until next year worked for the Bills?

would they be in a better situation right now if they took Watson or Mahommes at 10?  

Stop kicking the can and finally adequately address the most important position on the football field 

I thought Wentz and Goff were considered top QB's in their draft and thus worth making a big play for. But these 3 QB's are not considered to be as good as the top 3 QB's in last years draft (Which was considered a average QB class) so making a bad move for a QB isn't the right idea either. 

Listen it's all guesswork, but in my opinion this isn't the draft to make a big play. 

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I thought Wentz and Goff were considered top QB's in their draft and thus worth making a big play for. But these 3 QB's are not considered to be as good as the top 3 QB's in last years draft (Which was considered a average QB class) so making a bad move for a QB isn't the right idea either. 

Listen it's all guesswork, but in my opinion this isn't the draft to make a big play. 

Hmmm sure they are. A QB Guru even said as much. This is a very good QB class. 

I got it your risk adverse at the Position. Buffalo have been that for the better part of all the years since Kelly and hence still looking for an answer at the position 

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

....look at the 1st round selections over the last DECADE+.....far more failures versus successes IMO fueled by desperation and crazy money, sans a few......hell many of those 1st rounders wouldn't even be UDFA's yesteryear......it will forever be a crapshoot and BIG plays more often than not result in "empty handed".....this draft or "wait 'til next year" or "wait 'til the following year" is just kicking the can down the road.....if you need, you draft and HOPE for the best after your scouting department does their due diligence, again with NO guarantees....stay tuned.........

With trading up its a HUGE hit or miss 

I think out of all the qbs in the draft this year 

(Darnold,Rosen,Mayfeild,Jackson) are the only players that have a future ballin in the nfl we have the ammo to go get one 

question is when and for how much