Quarterback Situation (I understand it has been beat down...)

Okay, here we go... 

Bear with me as this is my first actual post after what seems like an entire lifetime of lurking and questioning whether or not the Bills will finally get 'their guy' or any Qb of the future for that matter. I have never been overly pro-Tyrod (I do love the lack of turnovers after the last few Qbs) however, I was never an anti-Tyrod guy. He gave us the best shot to win at the time (with the argument being whether or not we should have taken D. Watson, last year). However, I think that we handled (at least this year) the situation poorly by not building around his strengths and seemingly highlighting his weaknesses with poor scheme flexibility and inadequate skill players/play-calling. With that being said, we need to move on. Tyrod was never the Franchise but it's too late to decide about it still either way, we never built around him (and if we did, I am not saying he would be successful... We just do not know) so we need to move on plain and simple.

Now, with the A.Smith trade yesterday, things may get interesting. Although Smith going to Washington all but ensures Cousins free agency, it is interesting to note the connection between the Jets new offensive coaching staff and Cousins familiarity. I believe that both the Jets and the Broncos would arguably provide the best environment for Cousins which in turn could benefit us very much or hurt us (depending on the Jets draft plans post FA). I am of the opinion that we should find away to grab one of the top four somehow, without jeopardizing next year's first. To do so we would benefit from Denver snagging Cousins in FA. Not only would Cousins open up Denver's first for availability (I would assume) it would allow us to jump the Jets and have arguably the second or third rated Qb on the board. 

On the other hand, if the Jets somehow snag Cousins, it may open up their pick for business however, the Jets would likely attempt to fleece us if we needed the number six overall for a Qb. That leaves us with the Colts number three and the Browns number four, which will take a fortune to obtain. This is where I will likely lose some people and have people disagree. I think that Cousins is a more than serviceable Qb who will be vastly overpaid as a FA (as they always are). Although, I believe (due to the money he has already made alone) Cousins will ultimately decide to play between the Jets and Broncos, the Bills need to make a competitive offer against Denver and over the Jets. Let me emphasize that I do not prefer Cousins, especially for what will be an ungodly amount of money with the A.Smith extension. Although, in spite of the Jets being forced to gamble on a rookie and Denver ultimately signing Cousins, the Bills would benefit from the gamble. If, and it is a substantial *if, the bidding for Cousins comes down to Denver, NYJ, and the Bills and the Bills out bid the Jets. Cousins will likely choose Denver, we could then trade for Denver's pick and all but ensure blocking the Jet's pursuit of Cousins AND forcing them to select a Qb after us. If not, we can land Cousins (who may work out excellent, or may not. He may be an All-pro or he may be a necessary contract dump in a couple of years due to his extremely front-loaded FA deal this year). Either situation would allow us to block a division rival that, let's be honest was much better than we thought and a Qb away from replacing us as a Wildcard team. Let me know what you all think?

Edited by FrankoElTanko
Typos

1 minute ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Okay, here we go... 

Bear with me as this is my first actual post after what seems like an entire lifetime of lurking and questioning whether or not the Bills will finally get 'their guy' or any Qb of the future for that matter. With 

this **** makes me think.

8 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Okay, here we go... 

Bear with me as this is my first actual post after what seems like an entire lifetime of lurking and questioning whether or not the Bills will finally get 'their guy' or any Qb of the future for that matter. With 

You should still have an opportunity to edit your first post so that your question is properly stated.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Okay, here we go... 

I disagree...  I say without 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Without even reading it, I would bet that everything in the first post has been written over and over again in any of dozens of QB related threads on the first few pages of the wall.

RMPL.

Your criticizing OP with out even reading it? 

Awesome bro ?! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the insight DaBillsFanSince1973... I wanted to hear what people thought about maybe starting a false bidding war to get the 5thoverall and block the Jets from Cousins/Drafted Qb (ahead of us)...  A post that my lurking self hadn't seen yet. Its too pad my post count wasnt high enough to warrant your football opinion rather just how its not worth responding? Thanks man. Go Bills... 

4 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Thanks for the insight DaBillsFanSince1973... I wanted to hear what people thought about maybe starting a false bidding war to get the 5thoverall and block the Jets from Cousins/Drafted Qb (ahead of us)...  A post that my lurking self hadn't seen yet. Its too pad my post count wasnt high enough to warrant your football opinion rather just how its not worth responding? Thanks man. Go Bills... 

Nah.  You're a troll.  It'll get old quickly and you'll be gone.  Then you'll have to go back to posting under your other username.

• Like (+1) 1

Youre right Dude, this is dumb... Ill take my ball and go home. Gfy Homie.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Got any more pics of the girl?

Its a trip that I cant post without people like you trying to question fandom and troll pics for my wife. EAD brother, I hope you enjoy next season. Go Bills

8 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Its a trip that I cant post without people like you trying to question fandom and troll pics for my wife. EAD brother, I hope you enjoy next season. Go Bills

I never questioned your fandom.  I questioned your motive for posting this thread.  Is that a "no," to more pics?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

why is the older guy in the blue shirt not enjoying himself?  that should be the real concern of this thread.

lmao, that was in London right after the Corey Graham pick 6. Everyone was losing it and then there was him... When I saw it I was dead.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

pick 6s do not impress that guy.

Its almost like he could foreshadow the misery that was forthcoming with the upcoming TD from Bortles to put us away.... I think he's just a really seasoned Bills fan. Ive only been to two games so I made the mistake of thinking we could close out a 3pt lead with 2min left... I should know better, lol.

17 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

since you opened the thread with "I understand it has been beat down" then you just opened a can of worms making yourself vulnerable to criticism of your first thread/post.

instead what you could of done is just add your thoughts to the many QB threads that already exist?

your question would of been surely answered and you would of saved yourself from any backlash.

post count had nothing to do with football opinion but rather  my thought that I had suggested in the rules thread that a new member should have a certain (my suggestion was 100) amount of posts before being able to create a thread. that would save clutter on the board of making a thread for every question/thought from a new member instead of just adding it to the many threads already existing on the topic.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I had suggested in the rules thread that a new member should have a certain (my suggestion was 100) amount of posts before being able to create a thread. that would save clutter on the board of making a thread for every question/thought from a new member instead of just adding it to the many threads already existing on the topic.

This would be a good move. There used to be an auto promote feature in Invision Community.  Not sure if it is still there or not.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

Do you always wear your hat backwards, or do you actually act like an adult sometimes, too?

I guess this is a thing? I literally thought that it was as simple as, I could post my thoughts on B-lo, on a B-lo message board and receive responses or opinions on those thoughts. There is much more to this, I guess. I neglected read the 100 posts thing, sorry about that. Otherwise I would not have made a thread, I guess. I read this site daily and have since the BBMB was shut down. I have never had a username because I usually just enjoy reading thorough and thoughtful posts about the Bills but now it seems like it is going to be a huge pain in the ass? Can you point me to the previous thread about the Jets and Broncos bidding on Cousins, the one where Buffalo tries to trade up with Denver? I must have missed it when I posted, and being as there are limited Bills fans in San Diego while I am at work I am curious to express my thoughts on the subject, similar to the way other posters, the ones who are allowed to do so because they have over 100 posts, do so. It would be great to be able to start a feed  without multiple replies about me being a new poster or a troll, etc. Thanks admin. Again, sorry, I literally had no idea that there were rules for new posters...

11 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

I guess this is a thing? I literally thought that it was as simple as, I could post my thoughts on B-lo, on a B-lo message board and receive responses or opinions on those thoughts. There is much more to this, I guess. I neglected read the 100 posts thing, sorry about that. Otherwise I would not have made a thread, I guess. I read this site daily and have since the BBMB was shut down. I have never had a username because I usually just enjoy reading thorough and thoughtful posts about the Bills but now it seems like it is going to be a huge pain in the ass? Can you point me to the previous thread about the Jets and Broncos bidding on Cousins, the one where Buffalo tries to trade up with Denver? I must have missed it when I posted, and being as there are limited Bills fans in San Diego while I am at work I am curious to express my thoughts on the subject, similar to the way other posters, the ones who are allowed to do so because they have over 100 posts, do so. It would be great to be able to start a feed  without multiple replies about me being a new poster or a troll, etc. Thanks admin. Again, sorry, I literally had no idea that there were rules for new posters...

the 100 posts deal is not a rule but was a suggestion. it was also a suggestion (for a new member) to post thoughts/opinions in threads that already exist instead of cluttering the board with a new thread for every new thought. I'm not here to tell anyone what to do, just made a suggestion is all.

you also have to take someone like gug with a grain of salt, he likes to rattle (he did a good job of it with me when I first came around) ones cage, especially new blood. at the end of the day he is a cool cat just having some fun.

so post away man, share your thoughts and opinions. just take some time to make sure if you create a thread that it's not a duplicate of topics already on the first 3 pages.

welcome to the board

• Thank you (+1) 1