Predict which team will sign Kirk Cousins (Poll)

YoloinOhio

Who will sign Cousins?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Cousins will sign with...

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Vikings stable is full of FA rent-a-hosses, two with sore legs.

It all depends upon what they really think of Keenum and of Bridgewater and his recovery.   Keenum's the same age as Cousins.

They could very well have him as The Guy, and shop some others, no doubt! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

They could very well have him as The Guy, and shop some others, no doubt! 

Hoping to not condescend, but there seems to be confusion here.

FA means "free agent".  It means the player can shop himself to anyone anywhere around the league.

The Vikes are shopping FOR a QB, not shopping QB - unless they got one they like to slap a tag onto and he signs it.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hoping to not condescend, but there seems to be confusion here.

FA means "free agent".  It means the player can shop himself to anyone anywhere around the league.

The Vikes are shopping FOR a QB, not shopping QB - unless they got one they like to slap a tag onto and he signs it.

No, maybe just a misunderstanding. I’m talking about shopping leftovers if they manage to sign Cousins. I don’t know the contract status of the existing 3. Gotta run right now...

I’m back. Maybe it would have been more clear if I phrased it “see him as The Guy”, but i was thinking more of their wish list, and “have him” at the top. If they get Cousins, how many of the others are still under contract, and what might they fetch if shopped around? THAT is what I was trying to get at in a hurry. 

Edited by Augie

23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jets because:

OC Jeremy Bates is Mike Shanahan/Kyle Shanahan/Sean McVay disciple and Cousins loves him

mega cap space 

Sparty colors B-)

Average to decent team just missing a QB and a few pieces, not a constantly terrible team like Cleveland 

I get the impression that he's tired of the big market feel of DC. I don't think he ends up in NY.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I get the impression that he's tired of the big market feel of DC. I don't think he ends up in NY.

Just posted in the other thread....FWIW

Breer has the Jets as the leader in the Cousins chase, Denver a close second. As most have speculated Kirk is excited to be the guy, he won't be going to a team who wants to draft a 1st round QB behind him. He wants to be "loved"

Saying the hold up with Denver is their salary cap, they are so tight that they may lose key players by trying to fit Cousins in. (Talib, Wolfe, Manny)

Decent interview. Buffalo was mentioned but he didn't get excited about it or provide any depth.

On 1/31/2018 at 8:11 AM, Wayne Cubed said:

Cleveland backs up the brinks truck and drafts Barkley.

A ton of cap room, Duke Johnson, Crowell, Josh Gordon, the best LT in football, Myles Garrett and Jabrill on defense and picks 1, 4, 33, 35, 63 and 65 in the draft, with a legit GM in Dorsey.

I would seriously consider Cleveland if I'm Kirk, but Cleveland is in the most ideal situation EVER to get their guy in the draft.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

A ton of cap room, Duke Johnson, Crowell, Josh Gordon, the best LT in football, Myles Garrett and Jabrill on defense and picks 1, 4, 33, 35, 63 and 65 in the draft, with a legit GM in Dorsey.

I would seriously consider Cleveland if I'm Kirk, but Cleveland is in the most ideal situation EVER to get their guy in the draft.

Not sure what he thinks of Hue and now Todd Haley though. Only problem, I can see. But they can easily give him the most up front money.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

12 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Crowell is a free agent and Jabrill was pretty terrible as a rookie. Cleveland has some serious talent there already though; the defense will probably be above-average next season and on offense, they have one of the best O-Lines in football, Josh Gordon, Duke Johnson, David Njoku, and whatever they can get out of the injury-prone Corey Coleman. If they play their cards right this offseason, they can be a very competitive team next year and signing Cousins would go a long way to making that happen.

14 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Crowell sucks and is an FA who will be gone. Peppers also sucks and Greggggg is still there to play him 30 yards off the LOS. They have some young talent like Jamie Collins, Garrett and Duke and a pretty good OL if Joe Thomas doesn’t retire, but they are so young and inexperienced I think they are years away from making a serious playoff run and remember Cousins is already pushing 30. 1-31 with the same HC coming back isn’t real attractive. Most of all though, I think he avoids the Browns because of ownership. If he wasn’t comfortable in DC he won’t be comfortable with how things are run in Cleveland. Jmo

its in the Browns best interest though to just draft a guy at #1. It’s a good year to do it, they gave two of the top 4 picks, and there is no need to feel they are “a QB away” - they are further than that and are building from the ground up. I do think that Dorsey may feel pressure to try to win right now after all these years of bottom feeding so it will be tempting. He created that pressure himself by coming in and declaring that he expects to challenge for the division right away. In the end I expect them to trade for or sign AJ mccarron depending on his pending UFA status/grievance and draft Darnold at #1. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah. I think it's a much better fit for him with a Denver, Buffalo, Arizona, or Minnesota.

I just (re)read a story and it mentioned Denver and its rotating coaches and QB's over the past few years.   There really isn't a lot of stability there and a cause for concern for a non-elite QB.   It also mentioned Denvers Cap ...  $28,498,793 

40 minutes ago, ALF said:

Browns have the cap room to sign Cousins then trade down from #1 and maybe #4  to do a real rebuild under Dorsey. 

Would you want to play for Cleveland?    I hardly doubt Kirk is that desperate.  

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I just (re)read a story and it mentioned Denver and its rotating coaches and QB's over the past few years.   There really isn't a lot of stability there and a cause for concern for a non-elite QB.   It also mentioned Denvers Cap ...  $28,498,793 

I also think Vance Joseph  is a dead man walking. They were ready to fire him after 1 season before someone convinced elway to give him another year. I also don’t think they Defense is that great anymore and their OL is trash.