Brady signals and play clock magically extended

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's amazing just how many NFL fans don't know the rules.  Well actually not that amazing. 

I played football for years, and never once did my QB ever signal the time keeper directly from the huddle to reset the game clock. If it ever happened, it came from the sideline as far as I know.  

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I played football for years, and never once did my QB ever signal the time keeper directly from the huddle to reset the game clock. If it ever happened, it came from the sideline as far as I know.  

I see it on a regular basis all across the league and it's nothing new. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I see it on a regular basis all across the league and it's nothing new. 

I see the QB's doing the play clock motion to the refs, but I don't see the refs give it every time.  Its so nice to cheer for Brady cuz he doesn't have to worry about this. He gets it every time and I feel good about myself.

This really isn't a big deal, but this is.

BenJarvus Green Ellis

College                       10 fumbles

4 years with Patriots 0 fumbles

2 years with Bengals 5 fumbles

I was at a bar in Chicago with a Patriots fan next to me. I was watching the games with my uncles talking about Fantasy Football and the Patriots fan would chime in from time to time. I asked him a question about why Green Ellis didn't fumble once with the Patriots and his response almost made me fall out of my chair. So the Patriots fan says the reason Green Ellis never fumbled with the Patriots was because Belicheat coached him how not to fumble the football. So now I say to him "So your telling me that Belicheat coached him how not to fumble but forgot everything he was taught when he was on the Bengals? He then replies back to me with a " yes that's probably what happened ".

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I was going to delete this thread since it turned out to be fake news, but now I think I need to leave it open to commemorate KW95's new sworn Patriot* Love :wub:  He will change to TB12 before you know it.

He's trolling :P.... I think?

2 hours ago, KW95 said:

Im hoping Pats win this weekend. 

I want to see one time what it feels like to cheer for the Patriots.  I have a feeling my blood pressure will be much much lower and that my mind will be at ease for the first time in years!

Go Pats!

I want to see what it feels like to hate them with every ounce of being again.  Its been about 8 days almost. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I see lots of NFL QBs do this with the play clock being reset.

Yeah this is pretty much nonsense...there are quite a few times when the play clock doesn't get reset properly durimg rhe game and the players alert the refs to it and it then gets reset if it should.

This is called "I have no clue what I am watching so I'll make something up that sounds good" by the person who created those videos...

2 hours ago, teef said:

i saw these a couple of weeks ago.  i just assumed there was more context than what was going on in the video.  i mean...if it's that blatant, how could it possibly occur/continue.

It has been pretty blatant all year.

Edited by Julio Hopkins

22 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I was going to delete this thread since it turned out to be fake news, but now I think I need to leave it open to commemorate KW95's new sworn Patriot* Love :wub:  He will change to TB12 before you know it.

He will be drinking TB12 juice....and be a player forever in certain crowds........lol

Edited by cba fan

22 hours ago, KW95 said:

I see the QB's doing the play clock motion to the refs, but I don't see the refs give it every time.  Its so nice to cheer for Brady cuz he doesn't have to worry about this. He gets it every time and I feel good about myself.

The reason why New England was granted extra time was due to a mistake by the game clock operator. After tight end Rob Gronkowski's catch down the near sideline was correctly ruled incomplete on the previous play, the game's officials briefly huddled to make sure that it was indeed an incomplete pass (NBC's cameras did not show the official's huddle and instead were locked in on Brady during this sequence). During an official's meeting on the field, the play clock is stopped until a ruling has been made on the previous play. Seeing that the game clock operators forgot to stop the play clock, Brady apparently informed the officials, who in turn awarded New England extra time.

nothing there 

39 minutes ago, Cmdjr85 said:

The reason why New England was granted extra time was due to a mistake by the game clock operator. After tight end Rob Gronkowski's catch down the near sideline was correctly ruled incomplete on the previous play, the game's officials briefly huddled to make sure that it was indeed an incomplete pass (NBC's cameras did not show the official's huddle and instead were locked in on Brady during this sequence). During an official's meeting on the field, the play clock is stopped until a ruling has been made on the previous play. Seeing that the game clock operators forgot to stop the play clock, Brady apparently informed the officials, who in turn awarded New England extra time.

nothing there 

It doesn't matter if it was right or wrong.  When you cheer for the Patriots or Brady like I've been doing for over 24 hours now, you realize that you don't fret the little stuff!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Happens all the time. Just the better QBs are aware of when the clock needs to be reset, is all. 

There’s plenty of things to get frustrated with New England about regarding officiating..this isn’t one of em.

There really isn't. The problem is they are so good and always take advantage of bad officiating. Bills get calls, we can't take advantage.

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

There really isn't. The problem is they are so good and always take advantage of bad officiating. Bills get calls, we can't take advantage.

Yeah, there really is though. And I'm not just talking Tuck Rule either...if you're willing to say straighfaced that Brandin Cooks' TD against the Texans and Benjamin's incompletion against the Patriots weren't frustrating in context, then I don't think you're paying close enough attention to how refs call NE games vs. the rest of the non-marquee franchises.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah, there really is though. And I'm not just talking Tuck Rule either...if you're willing to say straighfaced that Brandin Cooks' TD against the Texans and Benjamin's incompletion against the Patriots weren't frustrating in context, then I don't think you're paying close enough attention to how refs call NE games vs. the rest of the non-marquee franchises.

There are bad calls in every single game that affect the outcome.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

There are bad calls in every single game that effect the outcome.

Indeed. And when the Patriots play, these bad calls occur at more important junctions, and enure to the Patriots' benefit at a rate exceeding what could be considered an average amount of questionable calls. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Indeed. And when the Patriots play, these bad calls occur at more important junctions, and enure to the Patriots' benefit at a rate exceeding what could be considered an average amount of questionable calls. 

I don't know about that. I know Brady wins 80% of his games. I know officials get calls wrong. I don't believe Brady wins because of officiating.

• Sad 1