Brady signals and play clock magically extended

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

I don't know about that. I know Brady wins 80% of his games. I know officials get calls wrong. I don't believe Brady wins because of officiating.

They lose the Texans game if not for officiating. They lose to the Raiders in 2002 if not for officiating. They lose to the Steelers this year if not for officiating. They probably lose to the Jags in the playoffs if not for officiating.

Explain how Cooks had a TD and Benjamin didn't, then tell me the Patriots don't win because of officiating. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They lose the Texans game if not for officiating. They lose to the Raiders in 2002 if not for officiating. They lose to the Steelers this year if not for officiating. They probably lose to the Jags in the playoffs if not for officiating.

Explain how Cooks had a TD and Benjamin didn't, then tell me the Patriots don't win because of officiating. 

They don't win because of officiating. They would win 80% of their games without any officials.

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2018 at 6:27 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

This really isn't a big deal, but this is.

BenJarvus Green Ellis

College                       10 fumbles

4 years with Patriots 0 fumbles

2 years with Bengals 5 fumbles

I was at a bar in Chicago with a Patriots fan next to me. I was watching the games with my uncles talking about Fantasy Football and the Patriots fan would chime in from time to time. I asked him a question about why Green Ellis didn't fumble once with the Patriots and his response almost made me fall out of my chair. So the Patriots fan says the reason Green Ellis never fumbled with the Patriots was because Belicheat coached him how not to fumble the football. So now I say to him "So your telling me that Belicheat coached him how not to fumble but forgot everything he was taught when he was on the Bengals? He then replies back to me with a " yes that's probably what happened ".

I shared “the fumble chart” all over Boston a couple summers ago. Sometimes I got idiotic responses like that, and sometimes I barely got out alive. I never thought Brady was behind deflate gate. He sacrificed his phone for the big boss. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

They don't win because of officiating. They would win 80% of their games without any officials.

Keep repeating it, but I just gave you three games 3 games THIS SEASON that they won because of officiating. Two on the last meaningful play of the game. 

52 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

There are bad calls in every single game that affect the outcome.

I agree with you. I don't think the Refs are trying to give the Pats an edge consciously. Maybe they are subconsciously somehow, but I don't think it is on purpose.

Maybe it is just that the Pats have been so good for so long and run a tight ship that the Refs give them the benefit of the doubt.

On 1/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, buffaloboyinATL said:

I played football for years, and never once did my QB ever signal the time keeper directly from the huddle to reset the game clock. If it ever happened, it came from the sideline as far as I know.  

I've never seen it at a level beneath d1 college. Also no one cares if you played football for years. If you've played for years and never noticed... I'll just leave that alone.

Who cares. This happens all the time, the qb and/or coaches run around calling for it to be reset.

You said you'd delete it if it was old or fake news. This is old fake news. Delete it.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

How do they lose to the jaguars if not for officiating? The Steelers call was the correct call.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

Keep repeating it, but I just gave you three games 3 games THIS SEASON that they won because of officiating. Two on the last meaningful play of the game. 

Jets game also.,.

13 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've never seen it at a level beneath d1 college. Also no one cares if you played football for years. If you've played for years and never noticed... I'll just leave that alone.

Who cares. This happens all the time, the qb and/or coaches run around calling for it to be reset.

You said you'd delete it if it was old or fake news. This is old fake news. Delete it.

How do they lose to the jaguars if not for officiating? The Steelers call was the correct call.

Because for no reason they called the fumble recovery dead. Score would have been 27-10. When you have replay your not supposed to blow the whistle and let the play finish out. Changed the whole Dynamics of the game, that’s how...

4 minutes ago, Fred Clause said:

Jets game also.,.

Because for no reason they called the fumble recovery dead. Score would have been 27-10. When you have replay your not supposed to blow the whistle and let the play finish out. Changed the whole Dynamics of the game, that’s how...

That's not how officials rule though. I completely agree, let the play play out. But that's not just the Pats games to the Pats benefit they do that, it's routinely an issue all around the league.

There is a whole game being played.

You agree there is bad officiating in every game, not just Patriots games. The Patriots win almost every game. Not every call goes their way, but because they win nearly every game they play it seems like the officiating is on their side. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

20 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

By being outgained by the Jags, losing TOP to the Jags, losing the turnover battle to the Jags...and getting bailed out to the tune of almost 90 yards worth of penalty yardage discrepancy, most notably a dubious PI call right before halftime that contributed to a TD for the Patriots.

And LOL at the Steelers call being the right one. No football fan outside Boston is going to agree with you on that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Are you kidding? Now that I know it bothers you so much I am going to leave it here and bump it every day for the entire off season. At least you’ll have a reason for being such a douche.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

That's not how officials rule though. I completely agree, let the play play out. But that's not just the Pats games to the Pats benefit they do that, it's routinely an issue all around the league.

No matter how you look at it, it was the wrong call, chances are if the situation was reversed, they would have never blown it dead if the pats were the ones who recovered it.

2 minutes ago, Fred Clause said:

No matter how you look at it, it was the wrong call, chances are if the situation was reversed, they would have never blown it dead if the pats were the ones who recovered it.

This post isn't even close to accurate. You have no rational basis to say they would have never blown it dead if the Pats recovered. Absolutely none.

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Are you kidding? Now that I know it bothers you so much I am going to leave it here and bump it every day for the entire off season. At least you’ll have a reason for being such a douche.

Go for it, bump it everyday. You're just doubling down on your idiocy. Not me. I'm a douche because you're clearly a conspiracy theorist moron? I have no problem being viewed as a douche by you. 

31 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

By being outgained by the Jags, losing TOP to the Jags, losing the turnover battle to the Jags...and getting bailed out to the tune of almost 90 yards worth of penalty yardage discrepancy, most notably a dubious PI call right before halftime that contributed to a TD for the Patriots.

And LOL at the Steelers call being the right one. No football fan outside Boston is going to agree with you on that.

First of all, the Pats play that Jags game every year vs numerous teams. I don't know why it's so hard to accept that Brady is a great equalizer when the rest of the team is less talented than the opponent.

As the rule is written, plenty of people agree that it was the right call. Most of them though are able to avoid personal bias. There is at least 3 people in this thread who are clearly incapable of that.

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Mission accomplished. :)

Just don't put much stock in the "I played a lot of football" guy's opinion as to who is or is not a douche. Or really anything for that matter.

It's a self awareness thing.

Edited by Ol Dirty B