Your favorite LARGE (i.e. nationwide or international) American corporation

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If you think so, then don't bother posting in the thread.  Not everything is going to be entertaining to you.

I've been inside 639 Exchange St, 3 layers deep... went there on a field trip of all things from school. Doubt Uber or Boeing will help anyone there.

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

I hate Apple. They pawn off hardware (in their computers) that's a generation old at 3x the price of what you could reasonably expect to pay as a PC user.

They take advantage of computer-illiterates.

And LewPort...I'm a huge amazon guy, too.

Let me clarify: I never buy Apple products. But I'm quite happy with my Samsung tablet (inspired by the iPad) and Samsung phone (inspired by the iPhone), both of which perform better than, and cost a fraction of, their Apple counterparts. But I'm not certain that Samsung would have made those products if Apple hadn't come up with the original ideas.

Just now, WhoTom said:

Let me clarify: I never buy Apple products. But I'm quite happy with my Samsung tablet (inspired by the iPad) and Samsung phone (inspired by the iPhone), both of which perform better than, and cost a fraction of, their Apple counterparts. But I'm not certain that Samsung would have made those products if Apple hadn't come up with the original ideas.

I'm less hostile toward Apple consumer electronic products than I am their overpriced, underpowered closed-platform computer systems. To be clear. ;)

1 hour ago, joesixpack said:

I hate Apple. They pawn off hardware (in their computers) that's a generation old at 3x the price of what you could reasonably expect to pay as a PC user.

They take advantage of computer-illiterates.

And LewPort...I'm a huge amazon guy, too.

Funny, your contempt for Apple is how I feel about Microsoft and their garbage operating system that has been shoved down the worlds' throat for so long. 

Microsoft is the next GM.  What success they enjoy is from their size and control of the market, not based on the quality of their products.  They are a company headed for extinction, just like GM.

How many times has GM been spared from the scrap heap of history?  

It’s hard to know if a company is American these days. Budweiser isn’t even American anymore. I think several companies make good lawn and garden equipment, such as Ariens, John Deere, and Toro. Are they even American? Are the engines American? Koehler, Briggs and Stratton?

Anyone? 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

If you think so, then don't bother posting in the thread.  Not everything is going to be entertaining to you.

Ya I think so, and I'm not seeking your permission to post in any thread.

I think Boeing is a fantastic company with fantastic products that has withstood grossly unfair competition for years, and excelled, and been almost alone in keeping our balance of trade numbers from being a total disaster.

4 hours ago, T&C said:

Which one do you like better? I've only used Uber. Pricing basically the same?

Yes, more or less.

The first few times I used Lyft it seemed inferior but they have caught up;  at least here in San Francisco.  Not sure if they are as well established in every market.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yes, more or less.

The first few times I used Lyft it seemed inferior but they have caught up;  at least here in San Francisco.  Not sure if they are as well established in every market.

I can turn on the Uber app at any time of day and there are at least 6 of them within 2 miles or so... usually it's more. 5 minute wait time normally, I'm outside of Tampa. I should download the Lyft app to compare prices around here.

Edited by T&C

KMart.  The reason being is there's hardly any people in any of the ones by me and I have the whole store to myself!

It can become a different story waiting on line though for the cashiers.  But yeah it's a good place to shop and be alone with my thoughts

52 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

McDonald’s.

Its such a ridiculously impressive company. I think its annual revenue is more than the next 20 competitors in its industry COMBINED (that includes panera, starbucks, wendy’s).

They have the nastiest "food" around... for real. That is dog food at best and I wouldn't want my dog eating it either. This is your favorite?

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Enterprise Holdings, but more specifically National Car Rental. Always awesome customer service , also seems like a great place for so many to launch a career and it shows in how the employees treat customers. The "aisle" was such a great idea. Always awesome getting me items back that I leave in cars.

They are doing you no favors, enabling your inability to keep track of your stuff. They should be instructed.....to send all that to ME. The good stuff anyway....

Costco provides wonderful sampling stations. My wife laughs at me, then gets mad because she has to wait, while I circle back around. :)

24 minutes ago, T&C said:

They have the nastiest "food" around... for real. That is dog food at best and I wouldn't want my dog eating it either. This is your favorite?

Mcdonalds fries are a national treasure.  

They are a very impressive company that has killed it for so long.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Mcdonalds fries are a national treasure.  

They are a very impressive company that has killed it for so long.  

Their fries Used to be great... they aren't even whole potatos anymore, they are mush in the shape of a french fry. The Mcd's on transit rd by broadway was the last time I ever had anything great from that place. Their food sucks... but I will say, the coffee is not bad at all.

If I MUST do fast food burgers, I start with Wendy’s. That’s rare. I hit McD’s maybe once a year while traveling, as a last option. If I go to a Burger King, I don’t get back in the car until the inevitable bathroom event occurs. It’s gonna happen, and soon. Not pretty. You’re welcome, because I’m sure you all wanted to know that. Now, thanks to @plenz I may have a way to find relief down the road! (But not too far, I hope.)