Bills Asst. Director of College Scouting Lake Dawson interviewing for GM in Carolina

YoloinOhio

Brandon put together a really accomplished team thanks to some Pegula bucks.  We will lose folks every year to promotions.   I am hoping the Bills can keep Lake, Joe Schoen, Terrance Gray and Malik Boyd for next year after losing Brian Gaine.  Its nice to know we have 5 people in the front office who teams would consider for their GM role (including Brandon).  They are all young, creative, and there seems to be very good chemistry with McD.

I had a friend hanging out in Mobile this week who made it a point to text and tell me he was extremely impressed with how our coordinators and the personnel staff engage.  He said there is always tension in these relationships but the Bills staff (Coaching and Personnel) get along really well.  Genuinely like and respect one another and it starts with a really productive relationship between the coach and the GM.   He heard from players that their Bills interviews were the best.  Thought I would share. Kirby and others would know more than me..but I did feel good after the text exchange.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It bugs me when guys are looking to leave after 8 months on the job.

What did he do for us? Scouted the colleges right? Who have we drafted? Nobody yet.

He will just take everything he learned with him to his new job. I don't think it is fair to take a job and then leave before you have done a freaking thing.

And i disagree that having people take new jobs 8 months in to your new regime is a sign that you hired the right people. I get the idea, but it is a sign that you made a mistake if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

What did he do for us? Scouted the colleges right? Who have we drafted? Nobody yet.

He will just take everything he learned with him to his new job. I don't think it is fair to take a job and then leave before you have done a freaking thing.

And i disagree that having people take new jobs 8 months in to your new regime is a sign that you hired the right people. I get the idea, but it is a sign that you made a mistake if you ask me.

In this case, the Panthers would have had to reach out to the Bills and ask permission to interview him. If he is interested in interviewing the team grants permission. It’s a huge, life changing opportunity for him  and even if he didn’t get it, it gets his name out there and interviewing experience.  He didn’t put his resume out on monster.com or something ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2018 at 10:33 AM, BadLandsMeanie said:

Just some scrub named Tre White.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just some scrub named Tre White.

No he didn't.

"Dawson was hired by the Buffalo Bills in May 2017 to be Assistant Director of College Scouting."

The draft is in April Bub.

If you want to zing me, fine. But at least have your basic facts straight. Everybody knows they fired the entire scouting department the day after the 2017 draft. I mean that one isn't even hard. How the heck did you miss that?? General manager Doug Whaley and entire scouting department fired the day after the draft? Ring a bell?

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1