Beane's Transactions

Ittakestime

Watkins for Gaines and 2nd = Gaines hurt all year, something new each week.

Gaines was never damaged wares like this year. yet he we won 8 of the 9 games he played. Watkins was as good as gone after the year and we got a 2nd for him. Edit: Watkins had 39 catches for 593 total yards....That's not a #1

Darby for Matthews and 3rd = Matthews didn't even finish season from previous injuries.

Matthews was a great gamble IMHO. We got a 3rd for Darby and he was not good for this scheme.

Wood 2 year extension = Wood retirement before contract even kicked in

Woods played EVERY snap in 2017. The Dr's ended his career and we wont have to watch him get carted off.

Seymour for Clay = Both players ended up contributing for Carolina

Got nothing here

Ragland for 4th = Ragland starting LB in KC

Ragland was not a fit and we got a 4th

Dareus for 5th = Dareus looking great for Jacksonville while we left with dead money

Dareus did not want to be here and we will read about him in the next year and it will be 10 games this time.  We got a 5th

Signed Rod Streater = Didn't play a snap this year

Has been a good player. We needed a wr. He got a wr

Signed Boldin = Didn't play a snap this year

Boldin didn't play well in the Preseason and realized he was not any good....He retired...

Traded a 3rd for Benjamin = Benjamin getting hurt 2nd game here (knees were questioned as soon as trade went down, have always been an issue for him).

He has great potential We needed a WR. They signed a WR...

I hope my replies help you understand the reason we got the players. Just so you know they are building for the future....and It Takes Time

Edited by fansince88

1 hour ago, Saosin said:

Begin rant. 

The influx of complete morons, which I assume is from the BBMB closing, is absolutely astounding.

Rant over. 

Begin rant. 

This horseshit has to STOP. The OP joined in 2015. Enough with the BBMB bashing. 

Rant over. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Where we vary is I didn’t change my view based on whether or not the bengals made the comeback in week 17 when evaluating the bills season  — playoffs are fun for a fan but a mediocre benchmark for a demarcation between success and failure or ranking teams across years.

the 2017 bills were decent but nothing exceptional compared to many years. I don’t mean that as a big knock on the team.

Admittedly, there is a lot of truth to this statement.  I'm certainly not taking anything away from what McD, Beane, and the team accomplished this season, but they're a long way from being a finished product.  McDermott and Beane said as much.  I look forward to seeing what transpires this off season between FA and the draft.  This is the most exciting time to be a Bills fan since...well, a long time.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Your bias shows with your first line.....two things....Gaines was outstanding when he was on the field this year and contributed to what was one of the best NFL secondarys......and then of course there is the draft pick....a 2nd no less which could end up being a very good player if he turns out to be anything like Dion Dawkins.

Darby for Matthews and 3rd = Matthews didn't even finish season from previous injuries. 

Even though he didnt finish the previous season Matthews has been extremely durable.....and then of course there was the DRAFT PICK....a 3rd no less....lots of quality players picked in the 3rd.   Darby did not fit the zone scheme and had to go....did I mention we had one of the best secondary's in the NFL this year?

Just an absolutely dense post by you.....your better then this...well maybe not.

Did I mention we had one of the best seondary's in the NFL this year?

Once again....didnt fit the system.  

Dareus for 5th = Dareus looking great for Jacksonville while we left with dead money

Traded a 3rd for Benjamin = Benjamin getting hurt 2nd game here (knees were questioned as soon as trade went down, have always been an issue for him).

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

You're missing the points of his trades, the players involved are just throw ins, the draft pick capital is like gold when rebuilding a roster, with 6 picks in the 1st  3 rounds we can now start filling holes with talented young fresh legs if we pick the correct players. That's how championship caliber teams are built. All of those players in Beane's mind didn't fit the culture they were looking for so we moved on, I don't see anything wrong with that as long as it works in the long run. The guy hasn't even been here a full season yet, lets give him a chance before Lynching him already.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

We were 9-7 a few years back and everyone viewed that as terrible.  This year we had the same record.

because the team got gutted for draft picks.....you know the same thing your bitching about?   Yet still went 9-7.

You do realize what the predictions were before the season right?

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You're missing the points of his trades, the players involved are just throw ins, the draft pick capital is like gold when rebuilding a roster, with 6 picks in the 1st  3 rounds we can now start filling holes with talented young fresh legs if we pick the correct players. That's how championship caliber teams are built. All of those players in Beane's mind didn't fit the culture they were looking for so we moved on, I don't see anything wrong with that as long as it works in the long run. The guy hasn't even been here a full season yet, lets give him a chance before Lynching him already.

The OP isnt missing it....he is ignoring it.

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

"Hurt all year"???

He was hurt a few times - OTOH he was tremendous when he played and a key part of the defense that won them enough games to make the playoffs.

6 hours ago, yungmack said:

The trade with KC was made by Whaley and McD. Beane was not even with the team as yet. KC used that pick for Mahomes and now the Bills are supposedly prepared to package that pick, their current pick and probably a few othefs to move up and grab one of the QBs left over after Darnold and Rosen are gone. Very Billsy.

I'm pretty sure Hou offered us that trade as well as Cleveland but Mcd choose to make a deal with his buddy Andy Reid instead .

It can not be overstated how much of a bad decision this was.  Hou was going with Savage at QB that alone should of been good enough reason to make that deal with them instead of KC. This decision might cost us our franchise QB and i think it falls on Mcd.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Nobody complains more than me about a bad FO, HC, coach or whatever and this regime after one winning season somehow found a formula for success. The team was exceedingly lucky to even make the playoffs despite this being a supposed "tank" season after trading away some team stars. 17 years man, 17 years and we didn't need to wait more than one season! 

These men have a vision as to what they want to build and IDGAF how they do it or get it done as long as playoffs and contending for the AFC EAST is in the future for this franchise. 

What I see when the smoke cleared from this past season is the Bills dumped an often injured crybaby at WR who would have needed to be paid somewhere in the 14 mill per range and that could get to 16 mill per if they need to tag him.  The Bills finally found that big, tall red zone target that the team has needed in forever at 6'5'' 243 in KB and all I have is praise for this FO so far. :worthy:

The next step is finding that franchise QB that will actually be in the top 15 in yards, stats instead of the bottom 15 every season. 

Everyone keeps saying we made the playoffs because we got rid all those players. I think its unfair to say that especially since all the players we traded all made the playoffs on other teams.. All of them.  I guess they weren't detrimental cancers where they went to play.  

Btw does anybody stop and think for a second that we might of been better with all the players here? That we might of went 11-5 instead of 9-7 .  Everyone seems to make it like those moves were the difference.  We have been a basically 8-8 team these last 4yrs the difference was the injuries in 2015 and 2016 that's what kept out the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Everyone keeps saying we made the playoffs because we got rid all those players. I think its unfair to say that especially since all the players we traded all made the playoffs on other teams.. All of them.  I guess they weren't detrimental cancers where they went to play.  

Btw does anybody stop and think for a second that we might of been better with all the players here? That we might of went 11-5 instead of 9-7 .  Everyone seems to make it like those moves were the difference.  We have been a basically 8-8 team these last 4yrs the difference was the injuries in 2015 and 2016 that's what kept out the playoffs.

Except the current coaches recognized that the players on the roster didn't fit the schemes/system they wanted to run so they traded away some and brought in some they wanted.  

This was supposedly a tank/rebuilding year after the team traded away certain players/stars and yet because they had the players they needed the team finished 9-7 and made the playoffs. 

Why can't some people be happy with that? 

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Except the current coaches recognized that the players on the roster didn't fit the schemes/system they wanted to run so they traded away some and brought in some they wanted.  

This was supposedly a tank/rebuilding year after the team traded away certain players/stars and yet because they had the players they needed the team finished 9-7 and made the playoffs. 

Why can't some people be happy with that? 

I love the job Mcd and Frazier did with the D. But no matter what that offense was not a winning combination.  From the time they hired Dennison anyone with any football acumen can tell u Tyrod did not fit his offense. Tyrod is not a pro style QB the wco is not suitable to Tyrod strength.  This was just first of many baffling decisions they made on the offensive side of the ball. 

So u say fit but these guys kept the guy that's supposed to fit the most the QB. Not only that they brought in Wrs that don't cater to they're QB strengths either.  The offense as a whole was a cluster **** . Maybe that should of been the nickname of this offense.  My point is the offense was not built correctly from the beginning and we were damn lucky to make the playoffs.  More lucky then good.  Hopefully Mcd learned his lesson from this and brings in the pieces nessesary to build a offense that can have consistent sustainable success. 

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beane picked right up where "Whaley" left off trading in the first round with Kansas City instead of.....ya' know......reaching out to QB-destitute Houston?:doh: and costing themselves the #4 pick in the draft..........and not picking up the Watkins 5th year option then selling him low........which did huge damage to the Bills 2017 offense and SW was poised for a huge year, which in a weak WR draft like this one, he'd be worth at least a late first round pick in trade instead of a late second rounder if you needed trade capital. :doh:

This is really about McD's call on these issues.   It's more than unlikely that Whaley would have wanted to pass on SW's 5th year option if it were up to him.   We know McD's connection to Andy Reid was most likely how KC got that 1st round deal and the subsequent Ragland deal hooked up.  

They certainly didn't win 9 games because of any moves once Beane arrived......if anything they did it in spite of those moves.    

Lol typical 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Gaines might have missed 3 or 4 games hurt but he was a key part of the defense when he was out there and our record without him was not good. 

At the end of the day him and Mathews were one year rentals. Not sure how that fits the process narrative. 

My biggest problem with the trades is that I don't feel like we got market value. The trades came out of no where and I don't think Beane drove up enough interest. 

The whole excuse that Darby didn't fit our scheme doesn't matter for his market value. We essentially got a 4th round pick for a starting CB on a super bowl team. That's horrible.