Definitely a market for the XFL

Not in Buffalo...but in cities that lost NFL teams like St. Louis, Oakland, San Diego. Also bigger cities that don't have a team like Portland and Toronto.

NFL ratings and attendance are down quite a bit, due to a multitude of issues...like the politics involved, refs and softening of the game. Will be interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Tell you what, I'm all for it and will support.

I paid zero attention the first run but will tune in this time. 

I hear ya.  I'm interested to see what it looks like and will give it a chance.

I don't know if I'll watch but yesterday bulldog from wgr started ranting about wanting to stab Vince McMahon in the neck and that he was taking advantage of all the racist football fans that don't want to let black people express themselves. It made me want to give it a chance just hearing how judgemental people like him are about average fans. NFL is too political now. 

1 minute ago, The 9 Isles said:

I don't know if I'll watch but yesterday bulldog from wgr started ranting about wanting to stab Vince McMahon in the neck and that he was taking advantage of all the racist football fans that don't want to let black people express themselves. It made me want to give it a chance just hearing how judgemental people like him are about average fans. NFL is too political now. 

Bulldog is an idiot.  Anything that comes out of his mouth should be taken with a grain of salt

I should send Vince my resume...

i would manage my own team.

The Buffalo Brawlers. We can pretty much bring our Bills tailgates to the XFL...

i can see it now... A large Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match inside the arena before the game

it would be epic.. full participation from spectators...

There can only be 1 winner :P

Whether the xfl succeeds or not, I feel many may at least want to check out at least one game, if it is different, and as many seem to have problems with the NFL for various reasons. The success or level of interest could also be determined by how we all feel about a certain person, that we seem to either love or hate, as Mr. McMahons wife works for this person.

They will need to take everyone's top 5 complaints about NFL football and somehow address all of them in whatever they package together.

Offer NFL football with lower quality play, but minus all the things most fans hate about the NFL.

So for example, have no instant replay at all, or a completely different system that has to be fast, easily enforceable rules devoid of nuance and subjective reasoning, and few stoppages/commercial breaks, etc.

So many seem opposed to unlimited penalty yardage on PI, maybe make that a 15 yard penalty like college, etc.

There is a ton that you could improve upon relative to the NFL rather quickly.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

They will need to take everyone's top 5 complaints about NFL football and somehow address all of them in whatever they package together.

Offer NFL football with lower quality play, but minus all the things most fans hate about the NFL.

So for example, have no instant replay at all, or a completely different system that has to be fast, easily enforceable rules devoid of nuance and subjective reasoning, and few stoppages/commercial breaks, etc.

So many seem opposed to unlimited penalty yardage on PI, maybe make that a 15 yard penalty like college, etc.

There is a ton that you could improve upon relative to the NFL rather quickly.

Agreed.

Maybe the NFL will wake the hell up if people keep shifting away and fix the many issues with the game fans are PO'd about if this XFL thing works out? I

The only way the xfl will work is if they take everything that's wrong with the NFL, and keep it out of the xfl. 

I can't remember the name of the league that losman played in, but it failed because it was litterally the NFL with less talent. If the xfl can shorten games, stop with ridiculous penalties, stop with ridiculous rules, it might stand a chance 

Just give me a league with solid football and common sense based rules. 

There is a bigger player pool than ever before with a ton of quality players that aren't in the NFL.  I am actually very confident the quality of play will be drastically better than it was 20 years ago.  Where the XFL can succeed is in the "watchability" of the game.  Use common sense when it comes to catches, turnovers, etc.  If that requires no replay, then fine!  If there is a questionable play that can't be overturned in real time without zooming in on every little detail, it stands....period.  No micro-analyzing every single still frame to come up with a ruling (that is probably wrong anyway).  What's the old saying?  If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck.  In this case, if it looks like a catch, it is......even if there is some room for doubt.

I honestly think the XFL was ahead of it's time in a lot of ways a couple decades ago.  Now might be the perfect time to take another run at this.  It will never compete with the NFL.  But, it doesn't have to.  I love football.  A lot of people love football and miss it badly when the season is over.  If you give people like me a quality product to watch, I'm going to watch it because I love the game.  Granted, I'm the guy that loves to watch as much pro football and college football as I can possibly can cram in a week, but there are a lot of people, even if they don't want to watch as much as us addicts do, that would love to watch a game in the off season when withdrawals kick in.

So, make fun of it all you want, but me personally.....I'm rooting for Vince and the XFL to get it right this time.