Source: Major Bills news coming next week

Just now, kdiggz said:

yes local press conference.  national media wouldn't care much about a OL or someone that most fans haven't heard of.  the only big name players on the team are Tyrod, Shady, Benjamin, Incognito and it's not Shady or Incognito because they are at the Pro Bowl with a million media members and there's no way it wouldn't have already leaked.  has to be Tyrod or Benjamin and if it's Tyrod it's not a big deal because he's not coming back anyhow.  has to be Benjamin

It’s a big deal nationally if it’s Tyrod ... we don’t expect him back but everyone knows who he is and he’s expected to be a QB on the market this year 

At first I thought Glenn or Benjamin, but Glenn hasn't played in forever and guys retire due to nagging injuries all the time. I don't think it would be a huge breaking news story if a LT who barely played this season decided to hang it up due to foot issues.

To me this sounds like something fairly recent/new. When it comes to Benjamin, guys don't retire due to knees. Bridgewater's knee exploded and he missed 2 years but he's back and I don't remember this level of secrecy and a big press conference.

To me this sounds like a player deciding to hang it up due to a serious injury and wanting to announce it himself. That leads me to Tyrod being injured a lot worse than we realized in Jacksonville.

10 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Looks like sources out west are truly buzzing this week, I will also be circling back with my west coast connections in light of this breaking news.

For those of you that don't know, this formerly FFToolbox's account, a major Vegas insider well connected to NFL circles reporting this:

https://twitter.com/ScoutFantasy

Boooooooo

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I am thinking it is DIon Dawkins. 

1. Would ruin offseason plans (trading Glenn and or now need a starting LT)

2.  Really hurts 2018 season and beyond 

3.  Lose a promising young Talent for career 

WGR just said that Dawkins was in a snap with Incognito down in Orlando, so it's probably not him.  Their contention is that it's NOT any of the guys in Orlando since there is a ton of media there and it would leak, quickly.

Just now, Tsaikotic said:

ppl are getting confused due to the op is SP...this thread is actually a merge of SP's and Yolos threads...Canadian should have left Yolo's thread and just asked him to change title

That was actually why I started the new thread - it was a specific thing vs “big news” and I figured no one was taking the other one seriously 

• Like (+1) 1

The wording on this is interesting "Our source confirms an offensive starter for the @BuffaloBills has unfortunately sustained a VERY serious injury and will be holding a press conference on Monday to announce."

Sustained indicates to me that it's not Glenn.   His injury has been ongoing.   Same with Zay Jones and perhaps Kelvin Benjamin.

I'm thinking is has to be Tyrod.   That last hit he took was vicious and his head slammed into the turf.    He hasn't been seen or heard from since that game as far as I know and he's had multiple concussions.

Hate 

Just now, Heitz said:

WGR just said that Dawkins was in a snap with Incognito down in Orlando, so it's probably not him.  Their contention is that it's NOT any of the guys in Orlando since there is a ton of media there and it would leak, quickly.

Yeah that makes sense depending kn when the snap chat was 

IMO someone is retiring.

Benjamin isn't going to retire due to a knee injury when he just played 2 weeks ago. Knees can be fixed. If Bridgewater's knee can be fixed so can his, given that Teddy left in an ambulance and nearly lost his leg. Kelvin played an NFL game 2 weeks ago.

Brains cannot be fixed and Tyrod got chokeslammed head first into the ground by a big fat DL after taking a number of big shots all season. It could be a neck/head combo type of thing where continuing to play is dangerous, and maybe he doesn't want to.

2 minutes ago, Mike in Syracuse said:

The wording on this is interesting "Our source confirms an offensive starter for the @BuffaloBills has unfortunately sustained a VERY serious injury and will be holding a press conference on Monday to announce."

Sustained indicates to me that it's not Glenn.   His injury has been ongoing.   Same with Zay Jones and perhaps Kelvin Benjamin.

I'm thinking is has to be Tyrod.   That last hit he took was vicious and his head slammed into the turf.    He hasn't been seen or heard from since that game as far as I know and he's had multiple concussions.

Hate 

Actually Taylor was seen hanging courtside with Shady at a Raptors have in Toronto. Did he have a setback?

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Boooooooo

I cannot think of any offensive player the bills have that would dramatically change next season. Even Mccoy, running backs are a dime a dozen. I get he is our offense , but the bills are gonna get a qb this year.