Incognito update

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Actually we do know that no in RI's vicinity during the game heard him say a racial slur and the NFL didn't hear anything on the audio of the game.  Therefore the only conclusion is that nothing was actually said. 

We don't know anything. Dawkins may be covering for him or simply never heard him because, well, why would he? If you think the audio of the game captures everything, said I don't know what to say. Don't act like a defense lawyer; just admit that you don't know. I don't either.  My general sense is that nothing will come of it because there is no evidence. But that doesn't mean that he didn't say something. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

We don't know anything. Dawkins may be covering for him or simply never heard him because, well, why would he? If you think the audio of the game captures everything, said I don't know what to say. Don't act like a defense lawyer; just admit that you don't know. I don't either.  My general sense is that nothing will come of it because there is no evidence. But that doesn't mean that he didn't say something. 

Dave, as I stated upthread, I believe that Richie almost certainly said something "derogatory" because that's what (some) players do...but Dawkins plays right next to him and if he said he didn't hear anything that was racially charged I believe him.  That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but if anyone was in a position to hear it Dawkins certainly was.  The fact that nobody else (including the accuser) has stepped up leads me to believe this is much ado about nothing.

Just now, eball said:

Dave, as I stated upthread, I believe that Richie almost certainly said something "derogatory" because that's what (some) players do...but Dawkins plays right next to him and if he said he didn't hear anything that was racially charged I believe him.  That doesn't mean it didn't happen, but if anyone was in a position to hear it Dawkins certainly was.  The fact that nobody else (including the accuser) has stepped up leads me to believe this is much ado about nothing.

Yeah, I don't think anything happens, but I can certainly see Richie I. leaning into his ear and making some sort of comment about him being an African immigrant or something like that. No one is gonna hear that but the recipient. Bear in mind that the Bills were allegedly coached to instigate the Jags to commit PFs, so it would have to be on the downlow, so to speak. Regardless, it's a he-said/she-said sort of situation with no witnesses, so it'll likely blow over. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Actually we do know that no in RI's vicinity during the game heard him say a racial slur and the NFL didn't hear anything on the audio of the game.  Therefore the only conclusion is that nothing was actually said. 

No one else on either team has stepped forward publically to corroborate this......so we can ONLY conclude it never happened?

That's not really how things work...

41 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one else on either team has stepped forward publically to corroborate this......so we can ONLY conclude it never happened?

That's not really how things work...

There has been no evidence of anything.  The Jags player, despite it being over 2 weeks now, hasn't even come out and said what it is he believes RI said to him.  The only conclusion is nothing racial was actually said.

4 hours ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

My god what's happened to Carucci's career!

all of his contacts have retired or passed away.  i'm surprised he figured out how to even get on Twitter.  my grandpa wouldn't know how to do that so props to Vic

BTW, I'm no Carucci apologist, but I'm not seeing what the issue is with his reporting on this?  Yesterday he said that the investigation was on-going.  Today he's saying it's over, ostensibly after official word coming down.  Am I missing something?

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

BTW, I'm no Carucci apologist, but I'm not seeing what the issue is with his reporting on this?  Yesterday he said that the investigation was on-going.  Today he's saying it's over, ostensibly after official word coming down.  Am I missing something?

It looks like he deleted his original tweet from around 10pm last night that said per league source, the investigation was concluded and Richie was not going to be disciplined. Less than an hour later he posted the one that is still up, which states the investigation is ongoing. 

19 hours ago, Tcali said:

cripe what a crybaby. Can you imagine Ray Nitzchke crying that  'that offensive lineman said mean things to me:('

Those were different days. The panty waists that play now wouldn't have made it through the first quarter then.

9 hours ago, Koko78 said:

If not that, then when the other Jacksonville players said they didn't hear anything.

It's very telling that the Jagoff couldn't remember what Incognito said after being called out on his twitter claim.

Or he realized that he didn’t actually want that distraction for himself and his team so he put the lid back on. 

Ultimately, we don’t know much of what happened. I think it would be strange to fabricate it completely, but I’m not going to riot against incognito either 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

We don’t even know the first part. Just that no one was motivated to expose it if he did. 

But with the bills on offense, there’s a chance it was while it was loud - and who knows how loud it may have been said.

maybe it happened, maybe it didn’t - no need to rush to say one way or the other. Doesn’t hurt to simply leave it as we don’t know.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Richie is being profiled.......same as officials do when they unjustifiably penalize him for holding.....I prefer "momentarily detaining the opposition".........

This is why I don't think there is any merit to the accusation. The media WANTS to report on this guy and they just can't get traction on it. I'm sure Florio over at PFT is throwing a hissy fit there's no updates because he's thought of so many passive aggressive digs he wants to use. Oh well, I guess he'll just have to keep up his ineffective campaign against "the Washington team"

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We don’t even know the first part. Just that no one was motivated to expose it if he did. 

But with the bills on offense, there’s a chance it was while it was loud - and who knows how loud it may have been said.

maybe it happened, maybe it didn’t - no need to rush to say one way or the other. Doesn’t hurt to simply leave it as we don’t know.

I've seen enough false accusations and the ugly aftermath it leaves to say that I don't believe a single person making a claim with absolutely no evidence to back it up.  Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, perhaps it was something more nefarious, but to me, without any evidence, there is no merit to it.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, Doc said:

There has been no evidence of anything.  The Jags player, despite it being over 2 weeks now, hasn't even come out and said what it is he believes RI said to him.  The only conclusion is nothing racial was actually said.

Not that you and I are aware of.  So therefore it simply cannot exist?

That's a rather unique perspective.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've seen enough false accusations and the ugly aftermath it leaves to say that I don't believe a single person making a claim with absolutely no evidence to back it up.  Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, perhaps it was something more nefarious, but to me, without any evidence, there is no merit to it.

You miss the point.  The fact that YOU have no knowledge of any evidence does not mean that no evidence exists.  So why conclude it never happened?

Maybe this guy told the NFL officials investigating it exactly what he heard RI say.  Because you aren't privy to that info means it doesn't exist?  

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not that you and I are aware of.  So therefore it simply cannot exist?

That's a rather unique perspective.  

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You miss the point.  The fact that YOU have no knowledge of any evidence does not mean that no evidence exists.  So why conclude it never happened?

Maybe this guy told the NFL officials investigating it exactly what he heard RI say.  Because you aren't privy to that info means it doesn't exist? 

Hardly a unique perspective.  I'm sure if someone accused you of something, you'd want evidence presented, right?

And it's been 2-1/2 weeks WEO.  If there had been something, it would have come out by now.  Outlets like PFT and TMZ live for this ****.