Is Tom Brady better than Jordan?

BigDingus

Is Brady Better than Jordan?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Brady vs Jordan

• Yes, 5 (possibly 6) Super Bowl rings is more impressive than 6 NBA rings.
    • No, 6 NBA rings is more impressive than 5 Super Bowl Rings
    • Yes, but only if he wins this 6th championship.
    • No, even if he wins he's still not Jordan.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

How do you figure? One can argue, MJ was a head of his time, with his style of play. MJ had to go against actual defenses, where refs let them play. Jordan would score 20 points a game at the FT line in this era. 

I imagine because in his athletic prime, he wasn't a good 3 point shooter, but I have zero doubt that if he grew up in today's generation, he would have been. Jordan was just an absolute freak of nature as a basketball player. He's pretty much the definition of "You can do anything you put your mind to". People thought he could only finish at the rim, so he became one of, if not the, best mid-range shooter of all-time. People thought he could only score by driving from the perimeter, he became the best post-up guard ever. People thought you could just sag off him and make him shoot 3's; he became an above average 3 point shooter.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Jordan, and it's not close. (1) how many Championships did Jordan lose?  None.  Brady: two. 

You should take into consideration that you're comparing players from two different sports with different formats to determine champions. Football, to me, is somewhat like March Madness. One and done. You can be the better team and have an uncharacteristic game when multiple fumbles occur or any other thing that can lose a game on a day your team is playing well below par. Things happen and that's what's great about upsets. For Jordan to lose a championship his team has to lose four games. Generally, not always, but generally a better team will win out in a series. More margin for error. There's a tomorrow if you lose.

13 minutes ago, Putin said:

Really ( without question ? ) no disrespect but how old are you ? By that I just want to know if you watched MJ play cause if you did , 

maybe you forgot the game against Utah when he > MJ played ( sick / fewer ) dehydrated and won the game , just what he did in that game by it self NOBODY can even come close to MJ

I'll be 31 in July.

No disrespect to Jordan but PG is a lot less demanding mentally than QB. (Although Jordan is a very very smart businessman and I respect him immensely for that.) I like Jordan way more as an intellectual, as a person, as a human being, Brady could learn from the classiness, honor and integrity of Michael Jordan, but Brady is the best. As much as I hate who Brady is as a person, he is an amazing QB and the greatest ever at the most demanding position in all of sports.

1 minute ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

In a game where there are 10 people playing instead of 22 an individual can have a much larger impact in the NBA.  That does not mean however, the Jordon was better, just more impactful.  They are both the best players in their sport in the 40 years of my life.  

No position impacts a game more than QB in a team sport. Goalie used to be close but now that has faded. 

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'll be 31 in July.

No disrespect to Jordan but PG is a lot less demanding mentally than QB. (Although Jordan is a very very smart businessman and I respect him immensely for that.) I like Jordan way more as an intellectual, as a person, as a human being, Brady could learn from the classiness, honor and integrity of Michael Jordan, but Brady is the best. As much as I hate who Brady is as a person, he is an amazing QB and the greatest ever at the most demanding position in all of sports.

Look I’m a die hard Knicks fan , and I used to hate MJ ( not for the same reasons ) almost as much as I hate Brady* , 

MJ to the Knicks is like Brady to the Bills , 

MJ ripped my heart so many time it still hurts, 

Im pretty sure ( actually I’m 100% sure ) if you ask a 1000 NBA fans who’s the GOAT and all will say MJ , I’m not sure you’ll get the same answer from 1000 NFL fans about Brady 

9 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

No position impacts a game more than QB in a team sport. Goalie used to be close but now that has faded. 

How did Baltimore win a SB with T Dilfer ? 

Do you think the Bulls would even win one playoff game without MJ ? 

28 minutes ago, row_33 said:

your name isn't a tribute to MJ"s sad last years in Washington.....

he can't get as big as Ali or Babe Ruth

Had the nickname before the wizards even existed.

Don't really care for basketball much anymore either compared to the how it used to be.

Just now, Putin said:

Look I’m a die hard Knicks fan , and I used to hate MJ ( not for the same reasons ) almost as much as I hate Brady* , 

Im pretty sure ( actually I’m 100% sure ) if you ask a 1000 NBA fans who’s the GOAT and all will say MJ , I’m not sure you’ll get the same answer from 1000 NFL fans about Brady 

When you factor in what it takes to be a champion, you may be right. Nobody likes Brady, he is a POS person. He is a good QB, that's about it. Michael Jordan to me embodies what a champion should be, Brady is the complete opposite. This is why Jordan built a billion dollar empire off of his good name and Brady's financial well will dry up the moment he retires. Good QB, rotten inside. From that perspective I think Jordan is all around the people's champion and Brady will forever be hated. Who was the better player though? Brady.

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

Nowadays people will say LeBron though even though they are wrong.

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

How did Baltimore win a SB with T Dilfer ? 

Do you think the Bulls would even win one playoff game without MJ ? 

1 QB threw 4 INTs and the winner threw 0.

Jordan is the most dominant individual player in the 4 major sports. I won't argue who is the best ever in the 4 major sports though. QB to me has the greatest impact on any game. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

When you factor in what it takes to be a champion, you may be right. Nobody likes Brady, he is a POS person. He is a good QB, that's about it. Michael Jordan to me embodies what a champion should be, Brady is the complete opposite. This is why Jordan built a billion dollar empire off of his good name and Brady's financial well will dry up the moment he retires. Good QB, rotten inside. From that perspective I think Jordan is all around the people's champion and Brady will forever be hated. Who was the better player though? Brady.

Look MJ was also amazing on defense and assist/ steals he did everything including the final shot ( most of which were unbelievable)

that most could have make , they tried double even triple team him and he would find always find a way to win , MJ NEVER lost in the finals , his record is 6-0 ,  Nobody could beat him , brady against the Seahawks if not for stupid call at the end he loses that SB , 

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Jordan wasn't liked very much by his own teammates. Many reports of him fighting teammates in practice. 

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Look MJ was also amazing on defense and assist/ steals he did everything including the final shot ( most of which were unbelievable)

that most could have make , they tried double even triple team him and he would find always find a way to win , MJ NEVER lost in the finals , his record is 6-0 ,  Nobody could beat him , brady against the Seahawks if not for stupid call at the end he loses that SB , 

I'd be happy if Jordan was remembered as the GOAT, Brady is a great QB but a total POS person. For that reason alone I hope fans still hail Jordan as the GOAT. Being a great player is not the only factor into being a champion. Jordan is a great person and although Brady played a position that was more intellectually demanding, look at Jordan's bank account, look at Brady's, Jordan is clearly the smarter of the two. 

I just think that MJ was just in another level , not a knock on Brady* but IMO there’s nobody (yet ) who even comes close to be competed to MJ 

just my opinion I’m not picking fights or arguments with my fellow Bills fans !!!

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

Without question Brady is better than Jordan no doubt whatsoever. Brady is the focal point of the most dominant dynasty in all of sports at the hardest position in all of sports. In basketball you rely on God given talent, at QB you use your brain and you get hit repeatedly by 300lbs dudes. QB is much harder on every level than PG.

Jordan never played Point Guard.