Manziel vs Kaepernick

Irv

3 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Hard names to spell.  Should change to Jones and Smith!  If you had to throw a flyer on either of these guys, who would you pick?  For me.  I'd go with Kaepernick.  Bills fans would hate him.  But maybe deep down people see that he is ... I don't know.  Not sure how to figure the dude out.  But he was crazy good at one time.  What would you do?   In advance I appreciate all the "I hate both"  so thanks, but if you had a choice (at gun point) ,  who would you choose?

It's a moot point since both suck.

1 hour ago, HT02 said:

The GF thing is a little more complicated, the drugs is his own stupidity and the rest is just an spoiled kid who probably needed a good kick in the ass.  I also think he is a better NFL QB than CK.   I think CK is a one trick pony who has been figured out.

Its hard to explain my distain for CK without going into the political arguments but if Manziel went around saying it was it was ok to hit women or did it repeatedly I would obviously not want anything to do with him either.  CK still thinks its ok to kneel when people are asked to rise and remove your hats as we pay tribute to our nation.  I'd be fine with any other gesture, kneel in the end-zone after a TD.  Raise your fist in a black power salute, fine but to deliberately disrespect the nation and its people is disgraceful and I can't accept.  

You're defending your clearly I'll conceived position with opinions that would be widely dismissed by anyone with out a predisposition to irrationally hate Kaepernick.

Manziel didn't show anything that he could perform at the NFL level. Kaepernick won playoffs game. It's not even debatable that Kaepernick is the better pro. It's a flat out lie to say otherwise.

The fact that some in this fan base, not to give them credit for it, tried to run Dareus out of town and still talk **** about him, then claim they want the best for manziel is just utterly ridiculous.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

C'mon - I asked for a flyer!!!

Wait are you being serious?  This seemed like an "I'm bored" so I'll start a very silly thread but you're actually calling the entire board out to "step up" and answer who we want?

Have you lost your mind?  Neither one of these QB's is coming anywhere near Buffalo for a shot to play NFL football.  It's really difficult being around fans this uneducated.  Have you not learned one thing about Beane and McD?

I'd like to request you step down with starting multiple mindless threads.   CMON MAN, STEP DOWN.  STOP STARTING THREADS.

Edited by White Linen

4 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

Hard names to spell.  Should change to Jones and Smith!  If you had to throw a flyer on either of these guys, who would you pick?  For me.  I'd go with Kaepernick.  Bills fans would hate him.  But maybe deep down people see that he is ... I don't know.  Not sure how to figure the dude out.  But he was crazy good at one time.  What would you do?   In advance I appreciate all the "I hate both"  so thanks, but if you had a choice (at gun point) ,  who would you choose?

I would take the bullet and call it good.

Manziel has the talent but not the mindset. If he were to settle down and commit to the game he could have a future, but he's got a long road to prove he's dedicated.

Kaepernick is basically an SJW version of Tyrod. If we're going Tyrod I'd rather keep the hard-working likeable version than the self-righteous douche nozzle.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Manziel has the talent but not the mindset. If he were to settle down and commit to the game he could have a future, but he's got a long road to prove he's dedicated.

Kaepernick is basically an SJW version of Tyrod. If we're going Tyrod I'd rather keep the hard-working likeable version than the self-righteous douche nozzle.

It's hard to say of a guy who played in a Superbowl, I think Tyrod is a better player than Kaepernick, even with being played this year in an offense far less suited to his skills.

Kaepernick could be everything you say and a great QB, and everyone would forget PDQ is my prediction, but he's not.  It's like Michael Sam, if he were Von Miller or Luke Kuechly talented, no one GAD that he's gay.

Anyway vote "no" to either here.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Talent? Did you see Manziel impersonate a real QB out there?

Kaesong suddenly snapped years ago and lost all of his game in a picosecond. Like when Lisa broke Ralph Wiggum’s heart.

13 hours ago, Badthingsman said:

I will pray for you.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, White Linen said:

Wait are you being serious?  This seemed like an "I'm bored" so I'll start a very silly thread but you're actually calling the entire board out to "step up" and answer who we want?

Have you lost your mind?  Neither one of these QB's is coming anywhere near Buffalo for a shot to play NFL football.  It's really difficult being around fans this uneducated.  Have you not learned one thing about Beane and McD?

I'd like to request you step down with starting multiple mindless threads.   CMON MAN, STEP DOWN.  STOP STARTING THREADS.

Its a legitimate question.  Do you honestly think Kaepernick is not worthy of a backup spot on an NFL team?  Manziel was the absolute best player in college for three years.  Stick it in your ear smart guy. 

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I will pray for you.

Good luck with that job search.

34 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

Its a legitimate question.  Do you honestly think Kaepernick is not worthy of a backup spot on an NFL team?  Manziel was the absolute best player in college for three years.  Stick it in your ear smart guy. 

Manziel only played 2 years in college, fyi.

7 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Kaep. Never understood why people care so about kneeling.  It's football not politics for me; if I want to think politics I'll tune to CNN.

Because they live check to check while this millionaire cries about oppression.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

That makes no sense.  Black lives matter has nothing to do with money; it's about the idea that police may shoot blacks too freely.  If one wants to upset about the 1% wealth disparity in this country black and brown or NFL players are hardly the place to stick the blame.  Maybe blame your elected federal officials instead?  Just an idea.

Edited by sleeby