Jackson, Rudolph or Pass

Rudolph, Jackson or Neither  

243 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Eli finished at 60% for his college career and was under 60% 2 of his 4 years.

Vick was at 56%, I'd say he was successful in the NFL.

Matt Ryan was under 60% for his college career.

Tom Brady was at 61% for his career.

Good stuff. I believe Carson Palmer missed the 60% mark as wel. 

34 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Just heard them talking about that on the Billswire podcast in regards to Josh Allen. The number is staggeringly low.

If you aren't accurate in college, you aren't going to be accurate in the pros.

And this has been my argument against drafting Jackson since day 1. 

If Rudolf is available at 21 I would certainly take him.  I think he will probably be gone by then though.   If Mayfield falls far enough that The Bills could move to get him without giving up both first rounders, that would be my preference.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted Rudolph because I have been "researching" him lately and believe he could be developed into a pro style QB. I honestly have not looked into Jackson much because he appeared to be regressing early n the season and I stopped paying attention.

I am curious though, I have seen a lot of Tyrod/Geno/Wilson comparisons for Jackson, but never Cam Newton. I thought his body type was closer to Cam than the others, is there any similarity to their styles?

13 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Highest passing percentages of all time in college: Colt Brennan, Colt McCoy, Kellen Moore, Graham Harrell. 

I think the 60% rule is a bit archaic, as are the Parcells rules. The game has changed so much to really follow these as guides in my opinion. 

I just don't think you can use "rules" on QB prospects.  If you follow the completion percentage bible and Parcells commandments then Luke Falk is destined for Canton.

• Like (+1) 1

I've watched enough of Jackson to come to the conclusion that if NFL coaches can't make him into a productive NFL QB, that's going to be more on the coaches than Jackson.   Does he have some limitations, yes.  But he can do things that no other NFL QB can.  It's going to take a bit of creativity, which is something lacking in NFL circles.  

The #1 thing I love about Jackson is he almost never looks to run first.  He ALWAYS keeps his eyes down field and he can throw on the run.  He makes a bunch of plays every game that look Big Ben-esque to me.  

I think he's gone to the Cardinals before we pick anyway.   

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

That's a hard pass. 

Rudolph looks like Bryce Petty with a worse arm and Jackson's learning curve will be extremely steep. 

No. Jackson ran a pro style offence and was fully in command of it. He is better prepared to transition in that regard than a guy like Rudolph. 

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I voted Rudolph because I have been "researching" him lately and believe he could be developed into a pro style QB. I honestly have not looked into Jackson much because he appeared to be regressing early n the season and I stopped paying attention.

I am curious though, I have seen a lot of Tyrod/Geno/Wilson comparisons for Jackson, but never Cam Newton. I thought his body type was closer to Cam than the others, is there any similarity to their styles?

Cam is a defensive end, TE body type. Jackson isn't that. He's more like Alex Smith body type. His lower body seem thicker than Robert Griffin but people will probably compare him to RG3 most.

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Understood difference between "Big Board" and "Mock" for CBS?

How did this compare in previous years, any gouge?

All of those were based on their published big boards rather than their mock drafts.

Here's the QBs in the top 100 from Matt Miller's past boards, for comparison:

2018: 5 - Rosen, 7 - Darnold, 11 - Allen, 13 - Mayfield, 38 - Rudolph, 81 - Jackson, 88 - Litton

2017: 14 - Trubisky, 22 - Watson, 37 - Mahomes, 41 - Kizer, 64 - Webb, 81 - Peterman, 99 - Kaaya

2016:  5 - Goff, 9 - Wentz, 38 - Lynch, 100 - Hackenberg

2015: 1 - Winston, 11 - Mariota, 63 - Petty, 81 - Hundley

2014: 1 - Bridgewater, 12 - Manziel, 15 - Carr, 21 - Bortles, 46 - Mettenberger, 64 - Murray, 65 - Garoppolo, 82 McCarron

2013: 14 - Smith, 33 - Barkley, 49 - Nassib, 50 - Manuel, 76 - Wilson

2012: 1 - Luck, 2 - RG3, 44 - Cousins, 46 - Tannehill, 50 - Weeden, 68 - Osweiler

2011: 15 - Newton, 41 - Kaepernick, 48 - Gabbert, 66 - Taylor, 72 - Ponder

So this is the first time in the last 8 years at least that there have been 4 QBs in the top 32, let alone the top 13.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

No. Jackson ran a pro style offence and was fully in command of it. He is better prepared to transition in that regard than a guy like Rudolph. 

I've watched a few games of his from 2017 and he's in shotgun 100% of the time and they primarily run the zone ready. 

That's not a "pro style offense". 

His running ability, which is never as effective in the NFL as it was in college for mobile QBs, will be limited and he'll be forced to beat teams with his arm. He has the tools to do so, but his learning curve is going to be steep. 

If we draft him I won't be upset (we can do a lot worse). I just don't think he has a great shot of becoming a long term starter in the NFL given his small size and reliance on his running ability. Seems like a guy who is more likely than not going to be  banged up a lot. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I've watched a few games of his from 2017 and he's in shotgun 100% of the time and they primarily run the zone ready. 

That's not a "pro style offense". 

His running ability, which is never as effective in the NFL as it was in college for mobile QBs, will be limited and he'll be forced to beat teams with his arm. He has the tools to do so, but his learning curve is going to be steep. 

If we draft him I won't be upset (we can do a lot worse). I just don't think he has a great shot of becoming a long term starter in the NFL given his small size and reliance on his running ability. Seems like a guy who is more likely than not going to be  banged up a lot. 

Honestly I don't think prostyle matters. I think the Bills will run a pistol/college style offense if they get Jackson. That offense Daboll ran with Bama would be a nice offense for Jackson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

I dont understand the Rudolph love. He hassle horrendous accuracy 

He's big. He's not TT. Bills have scouted him 3 times, with Beane. He's not TT. He plays from the pocket. He's not black, I mean TT. He has a strong arm.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

He's big. He's not TT. Bills have scouted him 3 times, with Beane. He's not TT. He plays from the pocket. He's not black, I mean TT. He has a strong arm.

I thought his arm strength was a big question mark on rudolph