Do you let your dog lick plates before the dishwasher?

22 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

There's a peanut butter joke in here somewhere.

Totally.  That reminds me of the time that my buddy, while stoned out of his mind, spread a bunch of peanut butter between his butt cheeks.  He crab walked around the whole house whistling before that dumb bastard finally remembered his dog had been hit by a car the week before!!! His parents had to hose him off in the backyard.  Hilarious!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, mead107 said:

I'll never forget - I was younger and with my brother at one of his friends house.  My brother gave the dog a table scrap and his buddy got all pissed saying how "unhealthy" it was for the dog.  My brother replied "I think you got your priorities wrong, pal.  You weigh 280 and smoke 2 packs a day........."

Give me a break - it's a freaking dog.  

Edited by Richmond_Bills
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Unfortunately our one dog has a food allergy so we have to buy her the expensive stuff. 

The next time you go to the vet ask about Apoquel..it's not cheap,we pay around $75 for 40 pills at Wegmans. We have her down to one pill every other day…no more bleeding,sores or blood pockets in her ears.We do avoid giving her beef..her favorite snacks are little cheddar cheese balls or pretzel sticks..if we get a pizza we give her the crust.She's loving life...

8 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

lol no.  The cult of dog has gone way too far.  My friends have a dog who doesn't go in the kitchen, as she's not allowed to.  That's the right idea.

That's how it is in my house. Dogs not allowed in kitchen. I don't regularly let them lick plates but I do not find it gross either, so long as the dishes are properly washed. 

I have a pit mix with food allergies. She loses the hair on her chest and the top of her head unless we feed her prescription dog food. We tried a number of limited ingredient foods to no avail. This stuff seems to do the trick, her hair grew back and her energy is back, but her poop smells nasty on it and it’s expensive as hell. 

On the other end of the spectrum, my greyhound eats anything. He’s a tall boy, and can get to anything on my counter, and when we first rescued him he had absolutely no indoor manners. He has stolen and eaten numerous sandwiches, loaves of bread, a whole bag of tomatoes, and even stuck his head into a pot of gumbo while it was still on the stove. He ate part of a roll of paper towels once, right off the dispenser. Stupid bastard freaked out the next day when he, himself, turned into a towel dispenser. I ended up pulling three or four intact sheets out of his ass because he was jumping around going crazy with the “lead sheet” sticking half way out. 

Needless to say, I don’t encourage either one to eat anything that doesn’t come directly from a hand or a food bowl. 

14 minutes ago, transient said:

I have a pit mix with food allergies. She loses the hair on her chest and the top of her head unless we feed her prescription dog food. We tried a number of limited ingredient foods to no avail. This stuff seems to do the trick, her hair grew back and her energy is back, but her poop smells nasty on it and it’s expensive as hell. 

On the other end of the spectrum, my greyhound eats anything. He’s a tall boy, and can get to anything on my counter, and when we first rescued him he had absolutely no indoor manners. He has stolen and eaten numerous sandwiches, loaves of bread, a whole bag of tomatoes, and even stuck his head into a pot of gumbo while it was still on the stove. He ate part of a roll of paper towels once, right off the dispenser. Stupid bastard freaked out the next day when he, himself, turned into a towel dispenser. I ended up pulling three or four intact sheets out of his ass because he was jumping around going crazy with the “lead sheet” sticking half way out. 

Needless to say, I don’t encourage either one to eat anything that doesn’t come directly from a hand or a food bowl. 

This is great.  My dog loves paper towels, too.

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't remember how ,....

you know those silver "icicles"  you put on a tree

try pulling that from your dog as he runs around the house 

Image result for xmas tree icicbcles

I don't use any kind of tinsel because of the risk to the animals.  In addition to the dog, I also have three cats.

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't remember how ,....

you know those silver "icicles"  you put on a tree

try pulling that from your dog as he runs around the house 

Image result for xmas tree icicbcles

Did he/she pass them on New Year's Eve?

Image result for new years eve noisemaker

Could have been the living embodiment of a party favor.

• Haha (+1) 1