Do you let your dog lick plates before the dishwasher?

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do.  It got brought up at work with a co-worker and she thought it was gross.  

What about you guys?

I do but my wife gripes about it everytime I do.  We even have a sanitize function on our dishwasher and she still gets on me. 

I dont really care.  I keep doing it anyway.  Just like she keeps cleaning out her storage closets into my clean garage.

Its a give take relationship.

• Like (+1) 1

I grew up with the most awesome dog ever (just like many of you did too). He licked the plates after meals regularly, especially if steak was involved. He avoided ketchup like it was the plague. I don't think every plate made it to the dishwasher, hot water and soap is no different by machine or hand. This philosophy would not fly in my current domicile.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

a dogs mouth /tongue is cleaner than a humans. To the OP,our pitbull named Ellie has free run in our/her home.

It can’t be for a few minutes after it cleans itself after pooping.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I do.  It got brought up at work with a co-worker and she thought it was gross.  

What about you guys?

Always have. We've had 5 dogs in our family over 4 decades and we've always treated them like one of us (to a point.) The dishwasher will take care of any germs, ours or the dogs. It's my theory that if you treat a dog like it's part of your "pack," they learn your rules better because they inherently want to please you...unless your dog is a real a**hole.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

As long as what I ate wasn't too spicy, then I let her lick the plate or bowl all the time.  Free pre-wash, man. 

Oh man, that reminds me of the time my mother took my plate and let the dog lick it.  The problem was, I had used Dave's Insanity sauce that day.  Her cage was not fun to clean out the next morning...