Hot Yoga--Anyone here?

plenzmd1

Just back you chuckleheads. Not near as bad as I feared! Actually enjoyed it for the most part. I had done a lot of the exercises before in other workouts, but that heat does get to you at the end. Sure I will become more comfortable as I continue to go. The class i took was called "Stability" , really designed for newcomers etc. They have a class called "flow" that I guess is the real kick your ass one..maybe in six months or so:lol: .

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Just back you chuckleheads. Not near as bad as I feared! Actually enjoyed it for the most part. I had done a lot of the exercises before in other workouts, but that heat does get to you at the end. Sure I will become more comfortable as I continue to go. The class i took was called "Stability" , really designed for newcomers etc. They have a class called "flow" that I guess is the real kick your ass one..maybe in six months or so:lol: .

Tell us what we want to hear.      How were the ? ????? 

31 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I'm so glad it went well for you, and you didn't die. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

As someone who is on the heavier side and has done hot yoga I would say do not do any move you don’t feel comfortable doing.  If there is a move you are struggling with or that is causing a little too much discomfort or pain get out of it and either go into something less intense or just wait until the instructor goes on to the next move.  If you have a good instructor they should be showing you modifications you can do for each move.

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Serious question here.  Does it smell like body odor in there?  My wife goes to the hot yoga here with her friends once in a while.  Said it is good “workout,” but there is a distinct odor of BO and farts.  Maybe it’s just a Vermont hippie thing....

I did not notice it. Thought it weird the dudes all went in shirtless, and 1 out of the 4 that was okay, other dudes belly’s put mine to shame. Put a shirt on !  

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Tell us what we want to hear.      How were the ? ????? 

Let’s just say I was 100% able to concentrate on the exercises , no distractions at all!

Any talent?

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

• 2 months later...

Thought I would update you chuckleheads..been going an average of 3 times a week most weeks, and really enjoy it. I am still in the easier Stability class, will try the flow in another month or so. 

For anyone who has thought about yoga but figured it was too hard or that you are too old and out of shape( that was me) , give it another thought. The classes i go too are complete mismash of people, some way younger and in better shape than me, some way older who I fear are going to die in class. You do what you can and no worries on what ya cant!

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thought I would update you chuckleheads..been going an average of 3 times a week most weeks, and really enjoy it. I am still in the easier Stability class, will try the flow in another month or so. 

For anyone who has thought about yoga but figured it was too hard or that you are too old and out of shape( that was me) , give it another thought. The classes i go too are complete mismash of people, some way younger and in better shape than me, some way older who I fear are going to die in class. You do what you can and no worries on what ya cant!

Got any pictures of chicks holding a fish?

brought to you courtesy of DCToms autobot.  

Maybe you should practice like an NFL goalie

Those guys are nimble.  

:D

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I love yoga. I fart like a howitzer because I take so much damn protein but holy **** it's amazing.

They have **** for studios here so i have to make do.  May let them do farm yoga at my place and do the gost thing