Hot Yoga--Anyone here?

plenzmd1

Going to my first Hot Yoga class today. Committed to doing some TRIs  this year, and I am just so fat and inflexible and old that this has been recommended by friends and professionals alike. I am scared as hell about it, as yoga in some home training classes I have done makes me wanna  cry. 

Anyone any experience with this stuff? Advice/caution before I begin?

You are going to your first yoga class away from home and you chose to do hot yoga!? If I were religious, I'd say a prayer for you. Since I am not religious, I will just send you off with my best wishes (listen to all the "before" instructions you were given for your beginner hot yoga class including (especially) the hydration instructions).

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

You are going to your first yoga class away from home and you chose to do hot yoga!? If I were religious, I'd say a prayer for you. Since I am not religious, I will just send you off with my best wishes (listen to all the "before" instructions you were given for your beginner hot yoga class including (especially) the hydration instructions).

yea, my PT guy says the heat is going to help with the flexibility issues I have.. I am hoping to do about 30% ..and I am not kidding there.

Hydration i get, and I drink plenty of water as a matter of course, so should be okay.

My first TRI i did was a Half Ironman, six months after I quit smoking for twenty years and age 45..people thought I was nuts then too not doing anything shorter to start!!

And they were right!!!:lol: But I did make it, but it was kinda stoopid!!!!

Tip, don't wear your pink polo, Vineyard Vines plaid shorts, or cardigan to hot yoga.  Downward dog is NOT consent.  Flatulence is natural in certain positions so don't try to hold it in.  Do your best to contain and conceal erections. 

I assume you're really doing this to meet women.

• Haha (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

WTF is namaste??

I assume it’s just poor grammar.  Like “Johnny, do you want to come with me to Bed Bath & Beyond to pick out new drapes for the guest bathroom?”  “Namaste here and watch the game because I don’t give a crap about drapes.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Ok, so what do they do with the corn, or should I ask?

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I assume it’s just poor grammar.  Like “Johnny, do you want to come with me to Bed Bath & Beyond to pick out new drapes for the guest bathroom?”  “Namaste here and watch the game because I don’t give a crap about drapes.”

I call that place Bed, Bath and Behind.