Glad we let Marrone walk...

bills6969

19 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

He also then managed to swipe malcontent Dareus for next to nothing and stick Buffalo with a huge pile of dead cap.

It was the Bills' decision to trade Dareus. Not Marrone's. 

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

so are the Jags.

Good for them. 

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

True.  And if he can beat the Cheaters and especially win the Super Bowl… 

....why the hell don't you get over this cheaters crap?....it's older than  the damn Constitution......9 consecutive AFCE titles....15th in the last 17...Brady 29-3 vs Buffalo.....Belichick 26-10 in playoffs...FIVE Lombardis.....still want to make an azz of yourself?....good Lord, get some new material....they're good PERIOD.............

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Marrone took a team that Gus Bradley built into an elite defense and simply added a RB. That’s it. I am still not seeing how he some great coach. His offense— which is his forte— is on the same level as the Bills.

...Bradley certainly deserves credit for this defense.....but I think it was more than simply adding a RB despite Fournette being a force....

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....why the hell don't you get over this cheaters crap?....it's older than  the damn Constitution......9 consecutive AFCE titles....15th in the last 17...Brady 29-3 vs Buffalo.....Belichick 26-10 in playoffs...FIVE Lombardis.....still want to make an azz of yourself?....good Lord, get some new material....they're good PERIOD.............

So was Barry Bonds.  And shut the hell up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Marrone took a team that Gus Bradley built into an elite defense and simply added a RB. That’s it. I am still not seeing how he some great coach. His offense— which is his forte— is on the same level as the Bills.

True.  But by the same logic Rex was given a good team and defense to work with here and ruined it.  Not saying he's an amazing coach but he does get some credit

If the choice was really keeping Marrone or Whaley - I think Marrone was a better coach than Whaley was a GM.  

I think Marrone had us going in the right direction and even if he was a jerk - he was the best coach we had since Wade.

All of that is under the bridge and past - so now I do not care just beat NE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

If the choice was really keeping Marrone or Whaley - I think Marrone was a better coach than Whaley was a GM.  

I think Marrone had us going in the right direction and even if he was a jerk - he was the best coach we had since Wade.

Tough to argue any of that.  I hope Jacksonville take Brady and the Pats* down

Just now, Another Fan said:

True.  But by the same logic Rex was given a good team and defense to work with here and ruined it.  Not saying he's an amazing coach but he does get some credit

He’s smart enough not to blow things up. And he’s also smart enough to know not to outsmart himself. Let your D win the game and ride your star rookie RB.

I don’t hate the guy, but don’t view him as some elite coach or an “offensive genius.” I wouldn’t want him back in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Until now. 

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

New ownership did nothing to persuade him from leaving. They had their guy Rex Ryan, which worked out real well.

Are you saying that they had discussions with Ryan before Marrone up and quit? 

Marrone wanted extensions and raises for his his entire staff and was denied. That doesn’t rise to forcing him out the door. 

He thought he had the Jest job locked up, made a power play he knew wouldn’t work, and left. Nobody forced him out as you suggest by saying they didn’t do anything to keep him. And he screwed his staff in the process, not to mention his players. 

11 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

That's crossed my mind as well, but some guys are just made to be a head coach (regardless of their previous specialty) and install a winning culture in the locker room.  I think there's sufficient evidence at this point that Marrone is a good NFL head coach.

• Like (+1) 1