GDT: Jax at Pitt

John in Jax

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you spend both time outs before the two minute warning then the Jags have a free pass/run play on 3rd down knowing the two minute warning stops the clock regardless.  

Also a first there ends it, while saving the timeouts buys a liiiiitle bit of flexibility in exchange for just a couple seconds 

Just now, unclepete said:

Bortles got spotted 21 points. Our D is nowhere near that Jax D. I lived In Jax for a while and watched them a lot. Tyrod not good but Bortles is terrible. He had a solid game but let’s not get carried away. 

Nah, I'm good with what I said. He's not good. He's a better game manager who can step up when needed. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you spend both time outs before the two minute warning then the Jags have a free pass/run play on 3rd down knowing the two minute warning stops the clock regardless.  

It wouldn't have got to the 2 minute warning...average run takes 5 seconds and it was at 2:18...they would have had 2:07 or 2:08 on 3rd down...if they threw incomplete the Steelers would have the ball with one play before the 2 minute warning

Edited by matter2003

Just now, NoSaint said:

Still like the onside kick. Terrible kick though. Goes 10 yards and you get an extra shot at a possession and the 10 yards Jax would have needed to kick a fg loses the game on a deep kick anyway.

If I was coaching, I wouldn't call an onside kick there in a million years.

Kick it deep and call your time outs before the 2 minute warning.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It wouldn't have got to the 2 minute warning...average run takes 5 seconds and it was at 2:18...they would have had 2:07 or 2:08 on 3rd down...if they threw incomplete the Steelers would have the ball with one play before the 2 minute warning

You can argue either way.  You're taking a chance in assuming there's only 5 seconds per play.