GDT: Jax at Pitt

John in Jax

2 minutes ago, unclepete said:

But he can’t do that. That’s the point. This was more of an anomaly. They need a QB. 

I swear I'm not defending him. I'm saying, he's closer to the idea of the guy that we wanted than Tyrod was. We thought our D with Rex would be this year Jax good. That's all. Yeah...give them a real QB next year and they are legit SB favs out the gate 

Just now, Real McCoy said:

It's flat out dumb to pass on pts in the 1st qtr. 

Jax did it as they knew they would need a boatload of pts against Pitts to win.

Again, it worked pretty well for Marrone. 

Pit needed a boatload of points, too. 

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I swear I'm not defending him. I'm saying, he's closer to the idea of the guy that we wanted than Tyrod was. We thought our D with Rex would be this year Jax good. That's all. Yeah...give them a real QB next year and they are legit SB favs out the gate 

Oh okay. I think they should go after Bradford, Keenan, Alex Smith, or Cousins. It makes sense for them. I don’t think we’re as skilled on defense. We should draft a Qb for our new coordinator. I don’t think we should overpay when we need more than QB. Sorry for the rant. 

2 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

They are the exact same guys. Jags played with a lead the entire game. They didnt have to rely on Bortles to do anything other than not screw it up. Fournette was the key to the game and he destroyed the steelers until he got hurt and Yeldon took over from there.

Just now, billieve420 said:

They are the exact same guys. Jags played with a lead the entire game. They didnt have to rely on Bortles to do anything other than not screw it up. Fournette was the key to the game and he destroyed the steelers until he got hurt and Yeldon took over from there.

Nope. The momentum shifted to Pitt big time. Our boy would have sat quietly watching it slip away. Bortles stepped up and kept it just out of reach. Huge difference.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Tcali said:

Jax D is highly overrated. They cauight PITT in a very bad game. PITT is the better team.

PITT only team with chance against NE--and that includes the NFC

Yep. Been saying that for weeks now. THEY GAVE UP 545 YARDS TODAY!

19 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hopefully they put on a prototypical Coughlin coached performance on Brady next week. He certainly knows the formula . 

I was thinking the same thing! 

He's the only guy guy to beat Belichick/Brady in a Super Bowl twice. 

Not gonna lie though, it makes me feel a little queasy having to root for Doug Marrone to reach the Super Bowl... lol. 

Did anyone catch Chris Brown talking on WGR before the Bills playoff game?

He said that Terry Pegula did in fact offer Doug Marrone a contract extension and he turned it down. 

That actually makes sense because we know for a fact that a Bill Polian had his ear at the time and was going to be brought in to the organization to work with Marrone, and that it fell through because Marrone left. 

Edited by BillsFan4