Is DACA Issue Just A Dem Slight Of Hand?

3rdnlng

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Police: Suspect in Colts player’s crash death deported twice
AP ^ | 2/5/18

Police say a man being held in a suspected drunken driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson has twice been deported from the U.S.

Indiana State Police said Monday that 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala is a citizen of Guatemala and gave officers a fake name following the Sunday accident.

Investigators say he’s in U.S. illegally and was deported in 2007 and 2009.

Suspected that as soon as I heard he was unlicensed.  

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They really need to put Senator before those names on a headline.

Reminds me of a story from Star Trek, when one of the producers, Gene L. Coon, was interviewing talent of some sort (writer, extra, don't remember.)  Someone showed up for an interview with associate producer Gene L. Coon, and reacted "very negatively" to his black secretary, who had the presence of mind to respond, without missing a beat, "Hello, I'm Gene Ell's Coon."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

McCain and Coons have an improved DACA bill… which should also be rejected

Police: Suspect in Colts player’s crash death deported twice
AP ^ | 2/5/18

Police say a man being held in a suspected drunken driving crash that killed Indianapolis Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson has twice been deported from the U.S.

Indiana State Police said Monday that 37-year-old Manuel Orrego-Savala is a citizen of Guatemala and gave officers a fake name following the Sunday accident.

Investigators say he’s in U.S. illegally and was deported in 2007 and 2009.

Well the Dems can kiss Indiana Senator Joe Donelly good bye, or he'll be supporting Trump's border security proposal very soon. 

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Well the Dems can kiss Indiana Senator Joe Donelly good bye, or he'll be supporting Trump's border security proposal very soon. 

I don't know about that... Isn't Indianapolis one of those cities that votes 135% Democrat?

24 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dearest Donny said.  

Cannot believe how BADLY DACA recipients have been treated by the Democrats...totally abandoned!” Trump tweeted. “Republicans are still working hard.”

What the hell are you talking about? Obama illegally by EO made these illegal immigrants "safe". He even admitted that he didn't have the authority to do so. Trump challenged Congress to fix the issue legally. He offered to triple the amount of people made legal in any deal. He wanted something in return though and that was better security at the border (some wall) and end to chain migration, (which would have rewarded the very people who broke the law) and to get rid of the godawful lottery program. It's obvious that the dems don't want to make a deal but want DACA as an issue come election time. He wants to fix the issue while the dems don't. What forking loons!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dearest Donny said.  

Cannot believe how BADLY DACA recipients have been treated by the Democrats...totally abandoned!” Trump tweeted. “Republicans are still working hard.”

You do understand that DACA granted no right of residency to anybody...but DID force illegal immigrants to register with DHS?

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

I was surprised the Democrats did not take the Republican plan , maybe adjust the chain migration part. The rest looks ok to me.

The only reason you are surprised is because you believe the dems in congress want it fixed. Read my OP. I had this nailed down over a month ago before the dems latest shenanigans. Trump has made them a great offer if they truly want to legitimize the DACA people. The fact that they are turning it down makes it obvious that they want to somehow blame Trump for this and make it an issue in upcoming elections. There is only one way to solve this issue and that is to find a way to place the blame squarely on the dems shoulders for the reason there is no deal. They'll rush to make a deal if that happens.

5 hours ago, ALF said:

I was surprised the Democrats did not take the Republican plan , maybe adjust the chain migration part. The rest looks ok to me.

Don't be.  The Republicans could take a Democratic plan verbatim, present it as their own, and the Democrats would still vote against it.  And vice-versa.

Neither party wants to share any credit with the other.  They only have their own party image in mind, not their constituents' or the country's.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, ALF said:

The "Republican plan" didn't have enough support in the Senate by Republicans.  14 GOP Senators voted against Trump's immigration proposal.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/374321-the-14-gop-senators-who-voted-against-trumps-immigration-framework