Is DACA Issue Just A Dem Slight Of Hand?

3rdnlng

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The "Republican plan" didn't have enough support in the Senate by Republicans.  14 GOP Senators voted against Trump's immigration proposal.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/374321-the-14-gop-senators-who-voted-against-trumps-immigration-framework

God forbid that a bill passes a body of congress with bi-partisan support. 

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The "Republican plan" didn't have enough support in the Senate by Republicans.  14 GOP Senators voted against Trump's immigration proposal.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/374321-the-14-gop-senators-who-voted-against-trumps-immigration-framework

So what?  It was a decent plan, and some people on both sides of the aisle are idiot children who simply want everything their way.  

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

God forbid that a bill passes a body of congress with bi-partisan support. 

Hopefully during times of war or times of serious national crisis it happens

Otherwise it’s just a parlour game of time wasting 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

So what?  It was a decent plan, and some people on both sides of the aisle are idiot children who simply want everything their way.  

I'm just so used to Congress voting down party lines as 14 against from the same party is a lot.  I'd like to hear the specifics on the Democrats side about what was so extreme in Trump's proposal that they couldn't get the 23 (or 24 depending if McCain's status) votes necessary to get to 60 to push it on through to the Senate.

I think it's the chain migration and lottery that the Dems won't budge on. 

Trump insists on getting the security done with DACA, as well as ending the insane practices that were instituted to allow random, unvetted immigrants to come live here. 

I can't see how anyone could be against the latter two. 

52 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I think it's the chain migration and lottery that the Dems won't budge on. 

Trump insists on getting the security done with DACA, as well as ending the insane practices that were instituted to allow random, unvetted immigrants to come live here. 

I can't see how anyone could be against the latter two. 

Dems don't like it as it makes it harder to turn Texas and Arizona blue down the road. 

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

I'm afraid you're right about that sentiment of theirs... and ours. It does swing both ways, true. But I like to side with those who favor The Constitution over fiat rulers.  

So you favor...an imaginary, non-existent party.

Join the club.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/18/2018 at 7:24 PM, Doc Brown said:

I'm just so used to Congress voting down party lines as 14 against from the same party is a lot.  I'd like to hear the specifics on the Democrats side about what was so extreme in Trump's proposal that they couldn't get the 23 (or 24 depending if McCain's status) votes necessary to get to 60 to push it on through to the Senate.

Well, when there's this kind of schizophrenia that endemic in The Senate... what do you expect?

20 hours ago, Nanker said:

Well, when there's this kind of schizophrenia that endemic in The Senate... what do you expect?

Oh, dang, that's damning.  All three of them so completely contradicted themselves, so absolutely; and within a maximum of 8 years' time.

I know my opinions on matters can 'evolve' (LOL) over time.  But unless something substantial changes, some information comes to light that proves my prior understanding of issues so false, could I fathom a 180` change of these magnitudes.  This video damns Chuckie, SHillary, and Obamer, defines the modern-day leftist-politician, and it is disgusting to the core.  I beg the resident leftists to defend this one.

Melania Trump's parents' immigration status could be thanks to 'chain migration'

The Slovenian parents of first lady Melania Trump are legal permanent residents of the United States, according to the lawyer representing them in the process -- raising questions about whether they are living in the US by the very means President Donald Trump has strongly criticized and sought to end.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/politics/melania-trumps-parents-immigration-status/index.html