Is DACA Issue Just A Dem Slight Of Hand?

3rdnlng

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Lol, no, he said he would sign a compromise bill and then refused to sign the compromise bill. 

As usual, you don't have a clue. What was brought to him was not within the parameters of the Tuesday meeting.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Taken out of context. If either of you had watched the entirety of the Tuesday meeting you would have known that.

If Trump won't compromise with a bipartisan deal , that's all up to him. Hey go for it , we will see how that works out in 2018 and 2020.

When you care more about illegal immigrants then the military, children's health care and the safety and security of American citizens,  then as far as I'm concerned you are a traitor,  and in the old days traitors were shot, maybe we should go back to the old days

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

If Trump won't compromise with a bipartisan deal , that's all up to him. Hey go for it , we will see how that works out in 2018 and 2020.

I just don't think he can back down. The immigration issue is what his remaining support is based on. He loses some of those people and he is in big trouble. He's trapped between xenophobia madness and a looming impeachment situation. 

2 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

When you care more about illegal immigrants then the military, children's health care and the safety and security of American citizens,  then as far as I'm concerned you are a traitor,  and in the old days traitors were shot, maybe we should go back to the old days

Shoot traitors!! 

22 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Poll: Nearly 9 in 10 want DACA recipients to stay in US

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/369487-poll-nearly-nine-in-10-favor-allowing-daca-recipients-to-stay

Hope you have enough bullets. 

Just now, bilzfancy said:

Polls don't mean crap to me, they all had Hillary winning big, they were all wrong, again, if you care more about them then the military, or children's health,  I have 2 words for you...

She won the popular vote by a large margin , the polls were right in that regard, just saying

28 minutes ago, ALF said:

She won the popular vote by a large margin , the polls were right in that regard, just saying

How people don't understand political polls never ceases to amaze.  The national polls were more accurate than in 2012 for the 2016 election, but they aren't predictive of the electoral college.  Just the popular vote.  The state polls were 3 to 5 points off which is enough to swing an election with the electoral college system.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bilzfancy said:

McConnell voted down a resolution to keep the military funded through the shutdown.  He also promised Senators in his own party (Flake, Lee, Paul, Graham) that he would address immigration in January.  CHIP could have been funded long term when it expired 120 days ago and would of received a unanimous Senate vote.  Trump apparently turned down an offer that included the wall.  This is going to take time, but don't act like it's all on the Democrats.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, you are going away from the main point. Wow! 

Point is, who cares if Killary won the popular vote. She basically won two BLUE states by the popular vote margin (New York and California).

Who the heck cares that she won the popular vote. I said it from day one when Trump won the election, when I voted for NEITHER candidate, that Hillary lovers and Trump haters were going to fall back on this stupid popular vote argument. Electoral Colleges win elections, not the popular vote. And if you don't want EC's, then go tell people in Iowa not to vote cause their vote means nothing then.

43 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Point is, who cares if Killary won the popular vote. She basically won two BLUE states by the popular vote margin (New York and California).

Who the heck cares that she won the popular vote. I said it from day one when Trump won the election, when I voted for NEITHER candidate, that Hillary lovers and Trump haters were going to fall back on this stupid popular vote argument. Electoral Colleges win elections, not the popular vote. And if you don't want EC's, then go tell people in Iowa not to vote cause their vote means nothing then.

Iowan's votes would just mean less.  Not nothing.  Same as people living in NY, CA, etc...  The electoral college is an interesting debate.  On one hand, each state gets two Senators regardless of population so you could make a case for the popular vote based off that along with the fact that every other elected official in America is voted on based off the popular vote. 

On the other hand, presidential candidates would just solely campaign in the five or so states with the largest populations.  I like the electoral college for that reason as presidential candidates have to pretend to care like they care about people in smaller states.  Hillary and Trump knew and campaign with the goal of winning the electoral college so I'm sick of people whining that Hillary won the popular vote. 

The point was about the polls and how they correctly measured Hillary's lead in the popular vote. It had nothing to do with the EC. 

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Iowan's votes would just mean less.  Not nothing.  Same as people living in NY, CA, etc...  The electoral college is an interesting debate.  On one hand, each state gets two Senators regardless of population so you could make a case for the popular vote based off that along with the fact that every other elected official in America is voted on based off the popular vote. 

On the other hand, presidential candidates would just solely campaign in the five or so states with the largest populations.  I like the electoral college for that reason as presidential candidates have to pretend to care like they care about people in smaller states.  Hillary and Trump knew and campaign with the goal of winning the electoral college so I'm sick of people whining that Hillary won the popular vote. 

They visit Florida, Pa, Ohio and a few others now. The idea they visit the smaller states now is I think not true. Going with the popular vote would mean they could go to those states they already go and Texas, California, NY and the Deep South 

5 hours ago, ALF said:

There was no "bi-partisan" deal on the table. Durbin and Graham thought they could fool Trump with offering 1.6 Billion in "border security" and doing nothing on chain migration and the lottery. This was in exchange for giving the dreamers amnesty and a path to citizenship. Dems idea of a compromise is to give them what they want and STFU.

Trump wants to solve the problem with the dreamers, but not with an executive order. He also isn't going to give away his biggest bargaining chip which happens to be DACA. If we don't secure our borders then we can look forward to a new group of dreamers in another generation. The dems know that Trump's main campaign message was about a wall. Whether it's a good idea or not, they will resist funding it to prevent him from getting a win. Every thing they do is about politics----everything.

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

There was no "bi-partisan" deal on the table. Durbin and Graham thought they could fool Trump with offering 1.6 Billion in "border security" and doing nothing on chain migration and the lottery. This was in exchange for giving the dreamers amnesty and a path to citizenship. Dems idea of a compromise is to give them what they want and STFU.

Trump wants to solve the problem with the dreamers, but not with an executive order. He also isn't going to give away his biggest bargaining chip which happens to be DACA. If we don't secure our borders then we can look forward to a new group of dreamers in another generation. The dems know that Trump's main campaign message was about a wall. Whether it's a good idea or not, they will resist funding it to prevent him from getting a win. Every thing they do is about politics----everything.

These people's lives are nothing but a bargaining chip for this ass clown. The same with CHIP, health care for children. 

Funny watching these Republicans acting like they really, really want to do right by poor children

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

These people's lives are nothing but a bargaining chip for this ass clown. The same with CHIP, health care for children. 

Funny watching these Republicans acting like they really, really want to do right by poor children

Too bad your Democrat heroes sold out those same poor children for a bad attempt at scoring political points.

You "progressives' (communists) fail to realize that the election for president is 50 separate elections weighed based on population. The "popular vote" means nothing.

Edited by Wacka