What does Buffalo need to improve

Ice bowl 67

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Pretty much everything. There are huge holes on both sides of the ball at every level. The more poignant question is which positions will the Bills be forced to IGNORE in the offseason. They can fix everything.

Every team has holes. 

LB, DT, and QB are where we need upgrades. We have other team needs, but these are the major ones. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Every team has holes. 

LB, DT, and QB are where we need upgrades. We have other team needs, but these are the major ones. 

I'd add RG and RT to that list of major need for upgrades.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Every team has holes. 

Did I say anything about other teams? But now that you mentioned it....The 2018 Bills unfortunately have medium sized holes at many positions.  Whereas other teams have huge holes at one or two spots. The good thing for the Bills is that they Cap Space and Draft picks to help them plug them.

56 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

In order to become a Super Bowl caliber team next year? Which areas of the team defensively and on offense?

Super bowl? In order to even get there you have to be dominant on one side of the ball. Our D at least has a good secondary, so to get there we would likely need to improve that first cause the offense is awful. On D we need:

• LB with speed. I'm not a huge Preston fan, but if he leaves we will need 2 of these. I think one of the LBs has to be a vet, it's too hard to succeed with zero experienced LBs. I would love to have Bradham back. 
  • Pass-Rushing DE
  • Penetrating DT (draft)
  • Run stuffing DT (I like Star Lotulelei for this)

On offense we would need a LOT:

• QB - we will never get anywhere without a good QB, we either need to pay out the nose for Cousins or move up and draft one
  • Playmaking WR with speed
  • RG
  • RT
  • Promising young RB - we cannot be one injury away from having no running game

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Super bowl? In order to even get there you have to be dominant on one side of the ball. Our D at least has a good secondary, so to get there we would likely need to improve that first cause the offense is awful. On D we need:

• LB with speed. I'm not a huge Preston fan, but if he leaves we will need 2 of these. I think one of the LBs has to be a vet, it's too hard to succeed with zero experienced LBs. I would love to have Bradham back. 
  • Pass-Rushing DE
  • Penetrating DT (draft)
  • Run stuffing DT (I like Star Lotulelei for this)

On offense we would need a LOT:

• QB - we will never get anywhere without a good QB, we either need to pay out the nose for Cousins or move up and draft one
  • Playmaking WR with speed
  • RG
  • RT
  • Promising young RB - we cannot be one injury away from having no running game

I think the RT is already on the roster if Glenn can return to health......

3 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

I think the RT is already on the roster if Glenn can return to health......

I'm not pounding on this drum, but I sincerely believe he won't be on this team next year. They can still get something for him and I suspect availability is high on the list of things Bean looks for. Trading him would get us something decent in return and would help us with cap space. 

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did I say anything about other teams? But now that you mentioned it....The 2018 Bills unfortunately have medium sized holes at many positions.  Whereas other teams have huge holes at one or two spots. The good thing for the Bills is that they Cap Space and Draft picks to help them plug them.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

A good an first and foremost.

after that, we need 2 new DTs, a pass rushing DE.MLB, SLB, Nickelback, resign Gaines or his replacement.  Right guard, and  maybe another gyard center or tackle, 1-2 WRs (maybe deonte Thompson being one. Tough playoff game for him though).  Another tight end and a backup rb.  A new OC and OL coach. Depth all around the board. 

Thats what we need. Tall order for one offseason.  How much of that do we need to become a contender?  Might need all of it.  It’s the biggest offseason this franchise has had since the 80s

59 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Every team has holes. 

We badly need OL help. The right side of our Oline takes half the field away from us on running plays and collapses the pocket for us on passing plays. Counterintuitive to grab a franchise QB and then get him killed behind Ducasse and Mills.