Bills miss out on London games for '18-'19 season

Roundybout

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I said , imo, it belongs here. I dont think it belongs there at all.

I mean on what basis do you think it belongs in the US and nowhere else?  Because let me be very clear.... your argument of a team losing a home game is clearly not the fundamental issue you have.  You don't like the idea of a team being based in London either when the stealing home games wouldn't be an issue..... so this isn't about fanbases losing home games.  It is about protectionism.  

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I mean on what basis do you think it belongs in the US and nowhere else?  Because let me be very clear.... your argument of a team losing a home game is clearly not the fundamental issue you have.  You don't like the idea of a team being based in London either when the stealing home games wouldn't be an issue..... so this isn't about fanbases losing home games.  It is about protectionism.  

Yeah it is about losing home games, a handful of teams every year lose a game which could be a deciding factor of making the playoffs or not. Anyways, I dont wanna argue, it is just my opinion thats all. 

20 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I am surprised they find it more boring than Snooker.

Just put the ball in the d*** hole, will you.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yeah it is about losing home games, a handful of teams every year lose a game which could be a deciding factor of making the playoffs or not. Anyways, I dont wanna argue, it is just my opinion thats all. 

Not if they win the game...

2 minutes ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I was going to say we are not missing out on anything. London games seem to set teams back a week or two. I can't see how we can even discuss sustaining a team in London it could seriously hurt quality of play similar to Thursday night games.

Jags, Saints, Vikings, Rams all played in London, all made the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

How does that fix jet lag?

So now the concern is NFL players suffering jet lag?

First world problems, man.

People are inventing significant problems that don't and haven't existed as a result of these jaunts to London. 

They are going to London....to play some football.  It's not a health risk.  That would be Mexico City.

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So now the concern is NFL players suffering jet lag?

First world problems, man.

People are inventing significant problems that don't and haven't existed as a result of these jaunts to London. 

They are going to London....to play some football.  It's not a health risk.  That would be Mexico City.

Ok, thanks for you infinite wisdom.

35 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ok, thanks for you infinite wisdom.

It's really just common sense.  Have you never traveled to Europe or beyond for some business.  People who aren't pro athletes do it every day and they do just fine.

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it was the first 3 years they had the games a team that played in them made the Superbowl - Saints, Giants and Pats in some order. 

Yeah, the Celtics-Sixers just played there yesterday, no?  I don't hear them whining about a cool trip to a great city.  And they don't typically play their games a week apart....

8 hours ago, tlfcbb said:

Why?  How will cancelling these games improve the NFL?  If you read any comments from anyone who went to our London game it is clear they really enjoyed it (except for the result of course).  I have been supporting the Bills from 1984 and finally got to see them in London.  We met with loads of Bills fans and had a great time.  I live in Ireland and on the way over the plane was full of people going to the game.  Why would you want to deprive anyone of that?  Also, in years where the Bills are not in London (like next year) it might be helpful to the Bills.  During the London games you also get to watch three NFL games in a day if you so wish.  

I understand that fans would not be happy to lose a home game to London but an away game against say the Pats, Miami or a West Coast team moved to London would negate the home field advantage for those teams.

If the Bills ever play in England (or Ireland :D) again I suggest you try to attend and then you will be able to have a more informed opinion.

I think cancelling them would be good. Where I live, they start at 6:00 in the morning. I had to miss the whole EJ melt down because I couldn't wake up that ear!y on a day off. Its bad enough with Games starting at 10:00

4 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

The London games are as lame as the Bills in Toronto series..... well maybe not quite that Lame, but pretty stupid. 

Spoken by someone how didn't attend the London game?  If you had gone, you wouldn't be saying that....trust me. (And why do you care where the Jaguars choose to play their games?)

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's really just common sense.  Have you never traveled to Europe or beyond for some business.  People who aren't pro athletes do it every day and they do just fine.

Yeah, the Celtics-Sixers just played there yesterday, no?  I don't hear them whining about a cool trip to a great city.  And they don't typically play their games a week apart....

I have travelled the entire world. Take care- Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1