Video of McCoy angry after the game

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well....I guess it's nice to see he got mad after SOME loss.....

Being the leader in rushing and receptions qualifies as being used "as a one trick pony"?

When you only have ONE threat on offense, then i'd say yes, in Dennisons system with TT at the helm, Shady is a one trick pony...........not as skill-set, but rather as his use in our offensive system.

21 minutes ago, Sweats said:

When you only have ONE threat on offense, then i'd say yes, in Dennisons system with TT at the helm, Shady is a one trick pony...........not as skill-set, but rather as his use in our offensive system.

This reply makes absolutely no sense as a defense of your one trick pony claim.  In fact, it argues the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

This reply makes absolutely no sense as a defense of your one trick pony claim.  In fact, it argues the opposite.

McCoy can run outside the tackles, inside the tackles, catch the ball out of the backfield, line up in the slot  and is a good pass protector....he has it all.  He's a multi trick pony.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

There is a character trait in humans labeled as "emotional intelligence".    It is the ability to control your emotions and the ability to dampen your animal spirits at times when letting your animal spirits reign doesn't benefit you.

Not suggesting McCoy is dumb in any way.    That is just what it is labeled as.

People like McDermott (stoics) use their more evolved Neocortex part of their brain to dampen the reactions that their amygdala (lizard brain) tries to get you to respond to emotional situations with.

For example when an object is flying at your head, your amygdala tells you to duck.   Your neocortex tells you don't bother ducking if it is a feather flying at you because it won't hurt you.    Some people will just duck no matter what whether it is a feather or a brick.    Some try to train their brain so that they don't duck when it is a feather.

In the example of McCoy - it is his lizard brain that has him reacting that way.   Some people try to dampen that response and remain as calm as possible.  Some don't.   It is a life choice.    And sometimes you can't dampen it depending on how emotionally attached you are to something - example would be the death of a family member. 

That is why some players react with violence (lizard brain reaction) and some react with a handshake to their opponent.  It depends which part of their brain they are allowing to control the situation.   And how much practice they have at trying to control it.   I think most people don't practice controlling it at all.  It is a choice.

r/iamverysmart

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Sweats said:

And to think that Shady's being wasted on this roster with TT and a pathetic offense under Dennison.

Shameful...........just shameful.

Juice's immortal greatness on the field was a far larger waste due to a bad roster around him.

Edited by row_33

3 hours ago, nucci said:

ok, that's fair....

Never played competitive sports and lost a playoff game....have you? I have no problem with him throwing his helmet. He played a great game on a sore foot and is pissed they lost.

This is the dumbest thing I have read since the BBMB...congrats.   You take what I said and assume I never played in a playoff game, pure stupidity.

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

This is the dumbest thing I have read since the BBMB...congrats.   You take what I said and assume I never played in a playoff game, pure stupidity.

actually it was a question....and you hurt my feelings with the name calling

Controlling your emotions better definitely comes with age and maturity.... but people should take into account that McCoy did this out of a "public area" and in an area where he would not normally expect it to be caught on camera.  It's not like he did it on the field of play.  He kept control there and then once in the relative security, as he thought, of the tunnel he let some of that frustration out.  

I've been there and done that, I understand it. I cope and control my emotions much better now but when I played semi-pro soccer in my early 20s a defeat would ruin a whole weekend and I'd constantly be throwing and kicking things in the locker room.  When I turned to coaching in my later 20s I understood the value of controlling emotions and taking moments to compose yourself.  I found other releases for that frustration.  

I really do not believe LeSean throwing a helmet is a big deal.  

I think what Sweats is trying to say is that the offense in general was a one trick pony, not McCoy specifically (I hope not, at least). Still not a totally accurate description, but he was extremely important to the offense. 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Juice's immortal greatness on the field was a far larger waste due to a bad roster around him.

And they are 1 & 2 in career rushing yards without a playoff win. 

12 minutes ago, nucci said:

actually it was a question....and you hurt my feelings with the name calling

Don't you go throwing your helmet around now.

Not on camera, at least...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I bet that's why he was mad. He knew the D did their job and the O that he is on let the team down. And well it pissed him off. Great passion!

And he was not 100%. Reality is team is just not ready to contend with the tops 6-8 teams in league. 

10 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

And he was not 100%. Reality is team is just not ready to contend with the tops 6-8 teams in league. 

He may not have been 100% but he gave 100%.  He was the only player on offense to do anything and led the team in rushing yards, receptions and receiving yards.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I used to not be a fan of McCoys, it took me until the second year with the Bills before I was okay with him.  Now he’s my favorite player.  He wants to win badly and I love that he cares so much.  He’s not just a me guy which I previously thought.

Why are you posting something that happened 2 years ago after Eagles game?

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

RD does deserve blame putting the decision in TT's hands but still TT deserves blame too.

I didn't like the throw either.  Put it up high where Benjamin can high point it.  He has 4-5 inches in height and probably another 4-5 inches in wing span.

It was a RPO with 10 defenders at the LOS.........Taylor made the correct decision.    McCoy has lost yardage on 20% of his carries this year......10 in the box = stuffed for a loss.   Taylor threw it to Benjamin and it hit him on the hands.   If there was a bad throw it was the prior throw to Benjamin in that series.        

The PI was a make-up call.

There was no more contact than the prior throw to Benjamin......they were letting them play at that point.  

But the officials had totally blown the offsides call the play before.....the Jags player clearly got back onside.......so they were looking for a reason to toss the flag and right the wrong before it affected the score.    Had the Bills run the ball,  there most likely would have been a holding call.   If they were going to score a TD at that point it was going to have to happen from 10 yards out.

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It was a RPO with 10 defenders at the LOS.........Taylor made the correct decision.    McCoy has lost yardage on 20% of his carries this year......10 in the box = stuffed for a loss.   Taylor threw it to Benjamin and it hit him on the hands.   If there was a bad throw it was the prior throw to Benjamin in that series.        

There was no more contact than the prior throw to Benjamin......they were letting them play at that point.  

But the officials had totally blown the offsides call the play before.....the Jags player clearly got back onside.......so they were looking for a reason to toss the flag and right the wrong before it affected the score.    Had the Bills run the ball,  there most likely would have been a holding call.   If they were going to score a TD at that point it was going to have to happen from 10 yards out.

So 80% of the carries, McCoy didn't lose yardage?

McCoy had 3 TD's in goaline situations.

You're entire last paragraph is a ridiculous assumption.

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Jags player did not get back onside. 

• Like (+1) 1