Don't Draft a QB, Package The Picks For This Instead

yungmack

1 hour ago, yungmack said:

You do understand how an NFL draft works, don't you? You don't get to move up just because you feel like it; you have to give something to do that. And to get close to where the Bills need to be to get one of the supposedly premiere QBs, it is going to take multiple picks. Supposedly that's why they've been collecting all those picks. So if anybody's in Ditka mode, it's OBD. In any case, whether you go all in to draft a top QB, or you go after him thru a trade, it's going to cost a lot. Or you could wait till free agency and hope a decent one is available and is willing to play for Buffalo. I find the last one to be magical thinking.

...in year 55 of following the Bills and NFL, I may have an inkling............

3 hours ago, yungmack said:

You do understand how an NFL TRADE works, don't you? (FIXED) You don't get to move up just because you feel like it; you have to give something to do that. And to get close to where the Bills need to be to get one of the supposedly premiere QBs, it is going to take multiple picks. Supposedly that's why they've been collecting all those picks. So if anybody's in Ditka mode, it's OBD. In any case, whether you go all in to draft a top QB, or you go after him thru a trade, it's going to cost a lot. Or you could wait till free agency and hope a decent one is available and is willing to play for Buffalo. I find the last one to be magical thinking.

Similarly, you don't get to trade just because you feel like it. You especially don't get to trade for a franchise QB who in your scenario is now healthy. If the Colts were willing to trade Luck I'd run away from that trade as fast as i can because that means his shoulder is toast. Talk about magical thinking. 

Edited by ndirish1978

On 1/10/2018 at 11:28 AM, yungmack said:

That's a long list of mostly mediocre picks if you're talking about a dominating QB, and a team that does more than make the playoffs. Of the first rounders, the only one who look like a standout is Wentz, with Ryan behind him and the jury still out on Goff. As to the rest of them (and let's NOT leave out 2013), I don't see a great one among them. I mean, we are talking about a long-term franchise QB, right, not a "he's pretty good" guy?

Except Luck is substantially worse in the playoffs. He made it 3 seasons, and never a single time had more TD's than Turnovers and boasts a career 9 TD's and 12 INT's in his 6 career playoff games.  Every single meaningful stat of his is substantially lower in the post season than it was that regular season.  His best post season game he still threw 3 interceptions.  

He is an over rated QB whose career is in serious jeopardy to even continue with a massive cap killing contract.  There is not a single positive to take from trading for Luck other than HOPING he exceeds the potential he hasn't really flashed since 2014.

I’m sorry to the OP, but posts like this drive me nuts.

First off, the title is pure click bait. It’s like all the spam articles on your pages.   “Instead of this thing your know or are interested in, do THIS instead”

Second, you wait until you are 3/4 through your rant to actually state your point, and it’s mid paragraph. 

Why not have the title “Package our picks for Luck”. Or better yet, use the search function and see where there are other threads about the same thing. 

Sorry, rant over. But these are just popping up to much. I’m too damn lazy to click on these vague titles and realize you wasted my time. Stop taking advantage of my blind faith that you might have something new to contribute.