Would You Root For The Bills...

R. Rich

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not.

The one thing that I would fear is if they finally up and leave, and then manage to win a Super Bowl. That would suck.

But, since that already happened to Cleveland, it wouldn't be quite as bad.

What's the alternative? The Miami Dolphins :D , seeing I do live in Miami. I think not, I can never root for anyone else other than the Bills. Even if they leave the city of Buffalo and change names and jerseys. They will always be the Bills to me no matter what. Besides, the city of Buffalo isn't exactly a booming town anymore. At least the Bills will win a Super Bowl the minute they leave Buffalo.

...if they were to ever leave Buffalo?

268372[/snapback]

That is the easiest question I've had all day. Hell NO, regardless of where they move. Even if they moved to So. Cal., (where I am), I would not root for them. In fact, I would likely root against them.

I've thought about this many times over the years and the answer is an unequivocal, absolute no effin' way. Didn't root for the Clippers and no way in heck could I root for the Bills if they moved.

If they moved from Western NY, the answer is an emphatic NO!

I would, in all likelihood, stop watching pro football. If I retained any interest at all, I'd probably be a *very* casual Browns fan. (Yeech, I'd never ever buy any Browns gear, though!)

...if they were to ever leave Buffalo?

268372[/snapback]

i would devote the remainder of my thin sports interest to rooting for them to finish 0-16 and ignoring every other team in the league. after a couple of years of that, i'd never watch a sporting event in my life (i've already ratcheted down to the nfl only).

I am not sure whether I would be more pissed if they moved somewhere and kept the same name or if they moved and completely changed their name (more likely). With the former, at least some people might remember the old team and its location, with the latter, people wouldn't consider them the same team.

norfolk/va beach or erie, pa are the only places i'd still root for the bills

otherwise i'd be a steeler fan and the former bills would join the ranks of miami, new england, and dallas as teams i despise

268427[/snapback]

Are you from Erie too??

No...In fact I would wish their stadium would slide into the Pacific during a mudslide...assuming they moved to L.A.

Now if Tom Golisamo bought the team and built a new stadium in Batavia or Rochester, I could deal with that...as long as they were still the Buffalo Bills

PTR