Meet the Bills two 1st round picks!!

Tatonka68

11 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Why do you say that? People say Rudolph looked good becuase of the talent around him. Then I say draft both. Hard to dismiss "ALL" those touchdowns. LOL

Sigh.  I'm not an expert.  There are folks like Bandit and Gunner that seem to me to have a more professional criteria.  I started watching Rudolph early this year because I wanted to identify who might be the third best qb after Rosen and Darnold.  Imo, Rudolph has average arm strength.  He looks the part, so you might think he has a cannon, but he doesn't.  He benefits from playing in a conference that does not play good defense and he has a couple of future NFL wrs that do make him look good.  Aside from that, however, I was often not impressed with his decision making.  All that said, I like Mayfield who plays in the same conference.

I would be surprised, in any event, if Rudolph is not available later in the draft, but qb stock does tend to rise -- or supposedly, it doesn't.  GMs have their boards set, but the talking heads are guessing and late in the day, they get more info or something.  If we take him, I will root avidly for him to succeed and be the next Jim Kelly. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ll take Rudolph for sure but would rather have Marcel Ateman, the other WR

Draft all 3!

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Rudolph has average arm strength

Seems to me ALL those long Touchdown throws hit there mark.

34 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Would be cool don't  know much about Washington.. Pretty sure Rudolph will be long gone before we pick or we'd have to use both 1sts and then some to move up and get him

you have that backwards.  Washington is the 1st round talent and will probably be gone before we pick.  Rudolph probably a 2nd rounder just due to his prototypical size but i think his offensive system and his acurracy and arm stregth will hurt him overall.  he does look the part though

11 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Why do so many not want Rudolph as our future QB?  Seems pretty solid overall to me!

The QB we don't want is Lamar Jackson.  College QB who will not be successful in the NFL.  He is a runner first and not very accurate in the tough matchups. 

For the very same reason you want Rudolph I want Jackson. His numbers are great, plays in a pro style offense that isn't nearly as talented as OSU, and in general has good size. Opinions will be all over for different QBs, I wanted Rudolph last year and came away frankly under whelmed after this season. But truthfully we have zero clue who will be good or bad its more or less a roll of the dice a lot of the time. We currently don't have an OC that can maximize the QB we have so that in itself is a problem which means we just need to hope that if a QB is drafted he is one who can do whats asked.

Just now, corta765 said:

For the very same reason you want Rudolph I want Jackson. His numbers are great, plays in a pro style offense that isn't nearly as talented as OSU, and in general has good size. Opinions will be all over for different QBs, I wanted Rudolph last year and came away frankly under whelmed after this season. But truthfully we have zero clue who will be good or bad its more or less a roll of the dice a lot of the time. We currently don't have an OC that can maximize the QB we have so that in itself is a problem which means we just need to hope that if a QB is drafted he is one who can do whats asked.

Lot of folks dismiss Jackson.  I read some fella who said his ceiling was Tyrod Taylor . . .  I am intrigued by him.  He probably should have stayed at Louisville, imo.  Might have gone top five with a good year of continued improvement.  Still, if you're gambling on the position, he has a high ceiling. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Lot of folks dismiss Jackson.  I read some fella who said his ceiling was Tyrod Taylor . . .  I am intrigued by him.  He probably should have stayed at Louisville, imo.  Might have gone top five with a good year of continued improvement.  Still, if you're gambling on the position, he has a high ceiling. 

Jackson =Taylor or RG3 3.0. 

19 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Sam Darnold is garbage, Josh Rosen is a West Coast guy and will be drafted 1 or 2, Baker Mayfield = Manziel, Jackson = Tyrod. 

And Rudolph is not in the conversation as being better than any of them.  You also left off Allen who has the highest potential of any qb in the draft.  Rudolph has a chance to be the 6th best prospect this year with, faulk and white from WK.  That does not offer optimism or confidence that the position is set up for the next 10 years because we got maybe the 6th best guy at 21 or 22.  

Edited by Mat68

5 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Sam Darnold is garbage, Josh Rosen is a West Coast guy and will be drafted 1 or 2, Baker Mayfield = Manziel, Jackson = Tyrod. 

If we are doing lazy comparisons, I can say Rudolph = Brandon Weeden

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Well, I can't say that is convincing analysis -- and I hate the Mayfield = Johnny Football 2.0 quip.  Mayfield is much more dedicated to playing qb.  His team respects him.  He's a leader and I expect the immaturity will go away, whilst the playmaking will turn out to transfer to the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think the reason they dumped Dareus, and are going to dump Tyrod and Cordy, is to create cap space to sign a proven vet QB.

I don't think they want a project at QB. Goff and Wentz went #1 and #2 and both took 2 years to develop.

We're going to get a #21 at best, and there is no consensus on who that should be.

These guys have a taste for playoffs now and want to keep the ball rolling.

They will use all the draft choices to find linemen and LB's,  and WR's.

At least that's what I hope.

Edited by B Fan in LA

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Would be cool don't  know much about Washington.. Pretty sure Rudolph will be long gone before we pick or we'd have to use both 1sts and then some to move up and get him

I am thinking Rudolph is a 2nd rounder at best. I do not get why some like him so much.