44 games with Tyrod at QB - % breakdown

3 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Tyrod protects the ball to much never tries to make a play. never trusts his receiver to fight for the ball. Some times you got to chuck the rock and hope your receiver makes a play. Otherwise you loose 10 -3. 

Ya dude, I’m aware. 

A main argument people use in favor of Tyrod is that he doesn’t throw interceptions.

It’s called sarcasm, or being facetious.

Tyrod is awful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jasovon said:

Rushing yards count as passing yards, come on man that's a big one!

What's wrong with rushing yards?  I mean, come on people.  A yard is a yard, whether it is achieved on the ground or in the air.

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Ya dude, I’m aware. 

A main argument people use in favor of Tyrod is that he doesn’t throw interceptions.

It’s called sarcasm, or being facetious.

Tyrod is awful. 

I don't think he's awful.  He's just not good enough.

I didn't realize he had started that many games for the Bills.  The reality is that he was given a more than fair shot (even with the other defects the offense has) and has not shown himself to be the guy.  Class act, great athlete, maybe a better outcome with another team.

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

Tyrod will not single handedly lose you a game like many QBs in the league. Problem is he will also never single handedly win you a game either. This season is his ceiling, a wild card berth then out of the playoffs, good to get the monkey off our back, but not Championship Caliber.

Sure he does by not moving the ball, not converting 3rd downs and not scoring any damn points. So yeah he does single handedly lose games.

Your excuses are old, stale and very amusing. :lol: 

Edited by PeterGriffin

1 minute ago, PeterGriffin said:

Sure he does by not moving the ball, not converting 3rd downs and not scoring any damn points. So yeah he does single handedly lose games.

Bills were 6th in the league in 3rd down conversions

I'm curious.  What does the people on this board think TT's Market Value is?

He's on his last year at 18,000,000.00.

If you guys got your wish and could keep TT, what would you give him in years and average salary?

Personally, after 3 years I have had enough and want to see him cut/traded.

If for some reason I wanted him to stay for 1 more year he would have to restructure down (which he won't).

I cannot see a GM giving him more than a 2 year contract for no more than $10 million per year.

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

0 OFFENSIVE TD's in both NE games, Carolina & Jacksonville, and only one TD against KC & New Orleans says it all. NEXT.

And only 1 against Cincinnati. And the TD against NO was Peterman's doing not Tyrod's...

Edited by matter2003

6 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Tyrod was one of the best QBs in the league on 3rd down. I don't believe he does lose games but nor does he win them.

I want him gone, but this idea that he is just a backup is absurd, he's fine as a starter if you have an all pro team around him but if you don't he's not good enough to get you anywhere. 

Just now, Jasovon said:

Tyrod was one of the best QBs in the league on 3rd down. I don't believe he does lose games but nor does he win them.

I want him gone, but this idea that he is just a backup is absurd, he's fine as a starter if you have an all pro team around him but if you don't he's not good enough to get you anywhere. 

You are 100 percent right. 

He isn't awful but yes they do need him gone and need an upgrade.

23-21 in 3 years, with bad coaching and bad defences for 2 out of those 3 years. (Also not a lot of talent on those Bills teams as a whole)

I'm still mind boggled how that is the definition of "awful" for some people

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I look forward to the excuses I will read for the Bills new wonderboy QB when he can't get the job done at even Tyrod levels.

Cant get to Tyrod level? Haha, Tyrod level, like that is something to have a hard time with. I want a top 10 QB so if I wanted Tyrod levels I would want Fitz back, in fact with more games played even Peterman could take that level. I am not worried at all about his not good enough level. Thanks for the laugh.

Edited by xRUSHx

32 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Cant get to Tyrod level? Haha, Tyrod level, like that is something to have a hard time with. I want a top 10 QB so if I wanted Tyrod levels I would want Fitz back, in fact with more games played even Peterman could take that level. I am not worried at all about his not good enough level. Thanks for the laugh.

Okay. Just making sure you're good if things don't work out.

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Add in 19 consecutive games the Bills have lost when trailing going into the 4th quarter and that about seals the book shut on Tyrod.

The last win in a game when we trailed going into the 4th quarter was the 14-13 win against Tennessee in Tyrod's first year here in 2015.

To a lesser extent the grand total of 3 4th quarter points we scored in our last 7 games combined is just as bad.

This reminds me of something my boss used to say.  "There's lies.  There's damn lies, and then there's statistics."

As far as the 19 consecutive thing, this is a little cherry picked and misleading.  Take the Buccaneers win at home earlier this year.   True we were ahead entering the 4th (your criteria) at 17-13.  Bills kicked a FG to go up 20-13.  Then Buccaneers scored 14 unanswered points (we win because of our defense).  We're now down in the 4th by 27-20.  What does Hotrod do?  He gets US 10 unanswered points.  So even though it doesn't count in your stats it sure as heck is a comeback.

Lets go to the Panthers game.  We're down 9-3 with less than :30 to play.  He hits Drop Zone in the hands on the goal line.  I give him an asterisk for this come back like I did for Fitz and the Pittsburgh SJ drop.

Now as far as the last 7 games go, yeah playoff game was bad.  But the Jags have held 7 teams to less than 10 in 2017.  Of those last 6 games of the regular season where we WON 4, 2 were against the Patsies**.  Hotrod had a TD stolen in the 4th by the instant replay refs in the second one.  Colts game he didn't play in.  After 4, we were ahead 16-10 vs Cheaps.  1st Fish game we were ahead 24-6.  2nd Fish game we were ahead 19-3.  Did Hotrod have anything to do with that? 

We all know Coach McDermott loves to sit on a lead.  So it's not surprising we weren't going up and down the field scoring a lot of points.

So in those 6 games, 2 were vs Patsies**, 3 we were ahead going into 4th so Rico and Coach McDermott sat on the football, and 1 he didn't even play.  Add to that he had 1 comeback and one asterisk comeback this year.

Stats are great, but often do not tell the whole story as is the case here.

Bottom line: We won 4 out of the last 6 down the stretch to secure a playoff game and you're bitching because he doesn't pass for more yards.  OK.  Just give me the wins.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

It was Dennison's play-calling.

It was Roman's system.

He didn't have any receivers.

His o-line didn't block for him.

He was playing hurt.

He's held to a higher standard because he's black.

Did I miss any?

Just wait because I'm sure the apologists will think of more. Remember before the season began? Anyone who DARED claim TT wasn't the answer got called all sorts of names. I think mustering a whopping 3 points in the first playoff game, in 17 years, should end all "Keep TT" talk. You can't give up 10 points on D and lose a game. You just can't!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Just wait because I'm sure the apologists will think of more. Remember before the season began? Anyone who DARED claim TT wasn't the answer got called all sorts of names. I think mustering a whopping 3 points in the first playoff game, in 17 years, should end all "Keep TT" talk. You can't give up 10 points on D and lose a game. You just can't!

Very nicely said, wish I had another thumbs up left for today I would give you one.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

This kills me. I would think ending the 17 year longest in professional sports drought would be seen as a HUGE accomplishment.  High fives around. But around here, yall just want to B word about it.

I don't like the way it ended, but it really was a great year for the Bills and their players, coaches, and fans.

Complainers gonna complain I guess.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

Very nicely said, wish I had another thumbs up left for today I would give you one.

I'm not a Bills fan, but the team could have given up after the NP experiment. After not making the playoffs for 17 years, who could/would have blamed them? Or the fans? I hope this is the beginning of something good. BTW, I hate the Dolphins and especially the Jets. Not the Bills though.

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This kills me. I would think ending the 17 year longest in professional sports drought would be seen as a HUGE accomplishment.  High fives around. But around here, yall just want to B word about it.

I don't like the way it ended, but it really was a great year for the Bills and their players, coaches, and fans.

Complainers gonna complain I guess.

Upgrade at QB somehow. I don't know how though... Don't want to kill the salary cap with an average QB that really won't make much of a difference. Don't want to give up a good draft pick for an average QB that really won't make much of a difference. Too many positions need upgrades.