44 games with Tyrod at QB - % breakdown

2 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Many of you armchair analysts are hilarious. To say Tyrod is "trash" or label people fanboys who wanted our teams QB to succeed is idiotic. You don't have an above .500 W-L record and TD-Int ratio as good as his by being "trash".  Tyrod is very limited in what he can do, I agree. We need to move on and if we ever want to take the next step we need to upgrade our passing game. That said, Tyrod by any measure has been the most successful QB we have had in 20 years. By all accounts been a great teammate, hardworking and has never been publicly outspoken even when he was benched. We should have some appreciation for the successes that he has brought to the Bills organization.

Agreed.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

He’s an average QB.

It was the Defenses fault.

Are you saying the things on your list had no impact?

5 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Many of you armchair analysts are hilarious. To say Tyrod is "trash" or label people fanboys who wanted our teams QB to succeed is idiotic. You don't have an above .500 W-L record and TD-Int ratio as good as his by being "trash".  Tyrod is very limited in what he can do, I agree. We need to move on and if we ever want to take the next step we need to upgrade our passing game. That said, Tyrod by any measure has been the most successful QB we have had in 20 years. By all accounts been a great teammate, hardworking and has never been publicly outspoken even when he was benched. We should have some appreciation for the successes that he has brought to the Bills organization.

Double Agreed.

Add in 19 consecutive games the Bills have lost when trailing going into the 4th quarter and that about seals the book shut on Tyrod.

The last win in a game when we trailed going into the 4th quarter was the 14-13 win against Tennessee in Tyrod's first year here in 2015.

To a lesser extent the grand total of 3 4th quarter points we scored in our last 7 games combined is just as bad.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

This^. It is time to move on from TT because he's not good enough, I don't think many people are going to argue that.

But its crazy how people think he is just awful.

3 seasons as the starting QB:

23-21 record

2 of the 3 years he had a bad defence, one year he had a good one.

2 of the 3 years he had an offence suited for his skill set, 1 year he did not.

But ya, he is just so awful..... Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think we are in all agreement we need an upgrade, but the guy is not as bad as a lot of people say he is

4 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

44 total games as the Bills QB:

INTs

Games with 3 INT: 1 - 2.2%

Games with 2 INT: 0 - 0.0%

Games with 1 INT: 13 - 29.5%

Games with 0 INT: 30 - 68.1%

Passing Yards

43 games under 300 - 97.7%

38 games under 280 - 86.3%

30 games under 230 - 68.1%

23 games under 200 - 52.2%

16 games under 180 - 36.3%

7 games under 130 - 15.9%

Passing TDs

Games with 3 passing TDs: 6 - 13.6%

Games with 2 passing TDs: 7 - 15.9%

Games with 1 passing TD: 19 - 43.1%

Games with 0 passing TD: 12 - 27.2%

31 games with 1 or 0 passing TDs - 70.4%

38 games with 2 or fewer passing TDs - 86.3%

Some things you left out:

1. Just another biased bash thread that ignores all of TT's rushing yards and TD's, not to mention first downs he makes with his legs, which is clearly a part of his game.
  2. TT's first 2 years as Bills QB are the 3rd highest scoring 2 year period in Bills history, second only to the first 2 SB Years and the 2nd/3rd SB years...and had he played week 17 or not missed a couple games in that period, it would be 2nd most.  
  3. Bills were 6th in the NFL on 3rd down conversion this year as well.  
  4. Winning record with exceptional TD/Turnover ratio.

I would keep going, but honestly its all pointless.  NO ONE thinks TT is or was the answer, and no one truly expects him to be the starter next year outside of maybe a short term seat warmer for a high QB draft pick this year.  We are all ready for that new QB.  But the fact remains, TT was not as bad as some here want him to be, he gave it his all out there every week and just helped break the longest playoff drought in professional sports.  

So enough already with the anti TT threads...NO ONE CARES, let it go...he's all but done as the Bills starters.  Why did this need its own thread instead of just commenting in any one of the hundred TT or QB threads?

Thanks TT for helping end the drought, not all appreciate the effort, but some of us do.

37 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Triple agreed

Edited by Alphadawg7

Tyrod is actually pretty consistent in his overall game stats.

He gives you about 190 yards passing, 1 TD, and no interceptions.

If you have the best defense since the 1985 Bears, that might be good enough.

If you don't, you need to move on.

Tyrod will not single handedly lose you a game like many QBs in the league. Problem is he will also never single handedly win you a game either. This season is his ceiling, a wild card berth then out of the playoffs, good to get the monkey off our back, but not Championship Caliber.

51 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Can’t just dismiss that stat with vs. Without him though.

That just shows he’s not as bad as a lot of people believe he is.

Hes not good enough, I understand that.

But he is not “backup QB bad” like a lot of people say, and is probably still better than 10 starting QBs right now 

1. The W/L record had nothing to do with the original post, because it is focused simply on Taylor's passing production. Wins and losses depend on so many other factors, that it really has no impact on evaluating Taylor's value as a QB. What we are doing here simply isolating his passing ability and projecting what we can expect moving forward. 

Also, 2 or 3 games above .500 isn't really anything to be bragging about. 

2. He's actually probably worse. 

3. He absolutely is, as illustrated by the numbers in the beginning of this post. High-end backup, all day long. 

4. I see this thrown around all the time. It's simply not true. Find me 10 starting QBs in the NFL with at least 2 years of experience that throw 2 TDs or less in 86% of their games, or 1 or 0 in 70%. 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

above .500 W-L record and TD-Int ratio as good as his by being "trash".

Sure you can. You get that TD:INT ratio by being as non-existent in the passing game as possible, and a .500 record on the strength of an all-world RB and opportunistic defense. 

31 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Some things you left out:

1. Just another biased bash thread that ignores all of TT's rushing yards and TD's, not to mention first downs he makes with his legs, which is clearly a part of his game.
  2. TT's first 2 years as Bills QB are the 3rd highest scoring 2 year period in Bills history, second only to the first 2 SB Years and the 2nd/3rd SB years...and had he played week 17 or not missed a couple games in that period, it would be 2nd most.  
  3. Bills were 6th in the NFL on 3rd down conversion this year as well.  
  4. Winning record with exceptional TD/Turnover ratio.

I would keep going, but honestly its all pointless.  NO ONE thinks TT is or was the answer, and no one truly expects him to be the starter next year outside of maybe a short term seat warmer for a high QB draft pick this year.  We are all ready for that new QB.  But the fact remains, TT was not as bad as some here want him to be, he gave it his all out there every week and just helped break the longest playoff drought in professional sports.  

So enough already with the anti TT threads...NO ONE CARES, let it go...he's all but done as the Bills starters.  Why did this need its own thread instead of just commenting in any one of the hundred TT or QB threads?

Thanks TT for helping end the drought, not all appreciate the effort, but some of us do.

Triple agreed

Because the purpose of the post was to isolate and identify the overall performance trends in his passing game. QB rushing yards are largely irrelevant and ridiculously overvalued by the #teamtyrod, probably because there is no other positive statistical measure for Taylor to argue for his value. 

I'm actually curious to see how his rushing #s correlate with wins, so maybe I'll take a look at that later. As for now, I have to get back to more important things... those fries aren't going to cook themselves, you know. 

44 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Tyrod is actually pretty consistent in his overall game stats.

He gives you about 190 yards passing, 1 TD, and no interceptions.

If you have the best defense since the 1985 Bears, that might be good enough.

If you don't, you need to move on.

That is saying a lot.  The 85 Bears defense gave up 10 or fewer points in 11/16 games including shutouts two weeks in a row.  That's what we need!

37 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

1. The W/L record had nothing to do with the original post, because it is focused simply on Taylor's passing production. Wins and losses depend on so many other factors, that it really has no impact on evaluating Taylor's value as a QB. What we are doing here simply isolating his passing ability and projecting what we can expect moving forward. 

Also, 2 or 3 games above .500 isn't really anything to be bragging about. 

2. He's actually probably worse. 

3. He absolutely is, as illustrated by the numbers in the beginning of this post. High-end backup, all day long. 

4. I see this thrown around all the time. It's simply not true. Find me 10 starting QBs in the NFL with at least 2 years of experience that throw 2 TDs or less in 86% of their games, or 1 or 0 in 70%. 

Sure you can. You get that TD:INT ratio by being as non-existent in the passing game as possible, and a .500 record on the strength of an all-world RB and opportunistic defense. 

100 percent it depends on other factors which I Indirectly said in my post.

He went 23 and 21 overall. 2 of those 3 seasons he had bad defences and terrible coaching. Rex freaking Ryan for 2 of those years.

Another factor was 2 out of the 3 years he had offences suited towards his skill set. This year he did not.

Another factor is he hasn’t had much talent on the Bills team as a whole in the 3 years.

He didn’t finish 23 and 21 with the 85 bears defence and playmakers galore around him.

So those are the factors, and he still finished 23 and 21 as the Bills starter.

Is it time to move on? Yes cause it’s not good enough.

But for some people to call him awful, it really doesn’t make sense 

Edited by billsfan11

5 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

Truth hurts but the COT will still point to everyone else's fault while pushing for him to stay another season.

It is sad when other teams laugh at the Bills stating they made him be a QB.

I would like to see our OC be able to have all the QBs run the same scheme not two on one scheme and Tyrod on his short bus scheme. Can not have any unity on offense when not on the same page.

I look forward to the excuses I will read for the Bills new wonderboy QB when he can't get the job done at even Tyrod levels.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I look forward to the excuses I will read for the Bills new wonderboy QB when he can't get the job done at even Tyrod levels.

Lol I bet all the people who defended Dennison this year because they blamed TT for all the struggles, will blame Dennison next year once the new QB struggles

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

So your understanding of sarcasm needs work.

Just need to know where we stand here.

Tyrod protects the ball to much never tries to make a play. never trusts his receiver to fight for the ball. Some times you got to chuck the rock and hope your receiver makes a play. Otherwise you loose 10 -3. 

Edited by Tatonka68