Alex Smith, assessment from a KC fan

Zerovoltz

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You do realize that from 3 years of film, I could pull some similar moments on TT.  You do realize that, right?

Alex Smith ripped the Patriots a new one in the season opener.  When has TT ripped the Patriots a new one?

Trade Smith for Taylor - offsetting contract #'s 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Alex Smith ripped the Patriots a new one in the season opener.  When has TT ripped the Patriots a new one?

Trade Smith for Taylor - offsetting contract #'s 

Smith is going to get an early mid rounder at worst. Taylor will get a late rounder at best, if anything.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I said Smith is a better QB than Taylor, but you can see the shadow of Taylor in him.  I didn't say that shadow occurred at the line of scrimmage.

It's night and day at the LOS thats the difference. You can not have a QB under center who is oblivious to what the defense is doing. That's why the two aren't even comparable. 

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

No it was pathetic and so indefensible that you abandoned it for a completely different argument.

chill out man. I was trolling the TT fans and by the responses I got in return, I got your goat.   

I "abandoned" it because of what it was.   A sad joke. 

(the last bit was more sarcasm too)   

care to address the other part of my post? 

Taylor on Sunday.  44.2 rating,  17/37 (that puts him at 3 wins 14 losses with 30 or more passes), 0 TD and 1 INT! 

How many dropped passes?  6, 7?  Like I said I'll even say 10.   That leaves 20 uncatchable passes. 

Would you care to explain why?  I mean, other than blaming Dennison 

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Smith is going to get an early mid rounder at worst. Taylor will get a late rounder at best, if anything.

A guy can try right? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, I'm saying that we can rent Smith for 1 year for 50% more than TT would cost us (Smith salary plus TT dead cap), and trading for him will likely cost us draft capital and give us a poor return unless we significantly upgrade at WR.  How'd last year's 2nd round pick work out?

I agree with you.  He's a better QB than Taylor if you give him pieces to work with.  He's not the guy who can elevate a "goon squad" of WR.

I'm not actually.  Are you actually reading what I've written?

If we don't "rent" Smith for one year, and we keep TT in 2018 we still will owe TT 5 million in dead cap in 2019 if we cut him then. So in 2019 you will have spent effectively almost 24 million to keep TT on the team in 2018. How is that 50% more to cut TT and have a better QB option in 2018? You mention Cousins as a preferred option. With TT's dead cap and Cousin's guaranteed money  and prorated signing bonus you realize having Cousins in 2018 would likely cost you over 35 + million for the 2018 year. Do you really think Cousins will bring the Bills a Superbowl? How many Superbowls has he brought his teams? Cousins in not the future, he is just a much more expensive bridge QB.  

44 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah, God forbid a young QB develops Tyrod's habits for working out, preparation, and professionalism just like Tyrod learned them from Flacco. Vet QBs aren't teaching rookies throwing mechanics, that'd be the QB coach and OC.

I’m talking in the film room.  Tyrod has never had the opportunity to run an offense. Cause he CANT! Play is called and he runs that play. 

Vs Seeingvthe Defense, stepping up to the line change the play, change the blocking scheme, audible to a hot route. He can’t do it, doesn’t do it so how can he mentor and teach and say “you see that, I did this, and this is  why”. Coaches can only reach out so far, but to see it done, hear it from the horses mouth etc is what Tyrod can’t do to the level needed if you want to develop a playoff caliber QB.

Ive seen enough Alex Smith to know hes good enough to get you to the playoffs....hes not good enough to win in the playoffs when the going gets tough.

If we are going to trade our picks for a QB, forget about Alex Smith.

If we are going to load up with those 6 picks. Alex Smith will be a good stop gap. Wont neglect the offense as much as Tyrod. Keeps us in the playoff race each year and lets the team fill the many holes we have. 

Hes just a better Tyrod. 

1 minute ago, Ramza86 said:

Ive seen enough Alex Smith to know hes good enough to get you to the playoffs....hes not good enough to win in the playoffs when the going gets tough.

If we are going to trade our picks for a QB, forget about Alex Smith.

If we are going to load up with those 6 picks. Alex Smith will be a good stop gap. Wont neglect the offense as much as Tyrod. Keeps us in the playoff race each year and lets the team fill the many holes we have. 

Hes just a better Tyrod. 

KC destroyed the Titans last Saturday. Then Kelce went out, they left the run game. Defense got soft.

If you ask me that’s all coaching.

If we have to give up nothing (or we just trade Tyrod straight up for him) then I'm fine with Smith as our week 1 starter.

If we are talking about a day 2 pick, no way am I making that deal.  I think the Browns with Dorsey will be more aggressive for him anyway, but we need to use all our draft capital to get younger and deeper and potentially a QB we can actually groom.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

KC destroyed the Titans last Saturday. Then Kelce went out, they left the run game. Defense got soft.

Yeah. I put a lot of the woes on coaching for the chiefs this year.

But ive seen Kelce waving his hands wide open on many occasion this year. Alex does miss alot of open look. 

But lets be real....Whats gonna happen when the Chiefs end up playing the pats or steelers. Titans, Bills, Jax, KC.....dont really have much hope for a ring. 

The question is...will alex smith get you a ring? Answer. No. 

10 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

How many points to did Alex Smiff put up in the second half with Tyreek Hill and Kareem Hunt still in the lineup?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

So coaching that was good enough to beat the Patriots in Week 1 wasn't good enough to beat the Titans?

Dude, I moved to Philly a few years ago. I don't know how many times I have been told that this is Reid's entire trademark: excellent regular season preparation, excellent 1st half planning, but a massive Achilles heel of not making second half adjustments and abandoning of the run game. It's the book on him. You don't get to credit Smith with the benefits he reaped because of it, and spare him from criticism from the downsides.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

So coaching that was good enough to beat the Patriots in Week 1 wasn't good enough to beat the Titans?

Dude, I moved to Philly a few years ago. I don't know how many times I have been told that this is Reid's entire trademark: excellent regular season preparation, excellent 1st half planning, but a massive Achilles heel of not making second half adjustments and abandoning of the run game. It's the book on him. You don't get to credit Smith with the benefits he reaped because of it, and spare him from criticism from the downsides.

It's a completely different Pats team.  That team struggled in the first quarter of the season.

It's not the first time KC beat up on the Pats with Reid.  For some reason, they can do it here and there.

• Like (+1) 1