Bleacher Report Ranks 3 Bills DT's as Worst in The NFL

In this report from The Bleacher Report writer Brandon Thorn ranks all of the 104 defensive tackles in the NFL that played a significant amount of time in the league.  You can read the criteria they used which includes numeric scores in bunch of different areas.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751939-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-defensive-tackles-of-2017-season

What shocked me is that out of 104 Defensive Tackles, three of the players that starter on the interior of the defensive Bills DT's rank dead freakin' last.  In fact Here is the breakdown of their line:

#104 Cedric Thronton

#103 Adolphus Washington 

#102 Jerel Worthy

#25 Kyle Williams

(In case you are interested, Marcel Dareus ranked #27)

So according to this article Kyle still ranked pretty decent, though most fans could see he's not the player he was a few years ago.  While these rankings are obviously objective, I think it says a lot about the weaknesses of the Bills front 7, a weakness that is compounded by linebackers who sometimes don't fill quick enough and/or don't get off blocks.

The fact that the Bills weren't victimized worse on the ground by Fournette and the #1 ranked rushing offense yesterday is quite a feat.

Edited by BuffaloRush

Everyone keeps saying Kyle wasnt the same player he has been in the past, but from what I saw this season was on par from what we usually get from him.  The difference this year is he pretty much had a bologna sandwich next to him all season.    I mean the guy had Ricky Hately next to him against the Jaguars and Fournette got nothing. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Everyone keeps saying Kyle wasnt the same player he has been in the past, but from what I saw this season was on par from what we usually get from him.  The difference this year is he pretty much had a bologna sandwich next to him all season.    I mean the guy had Ricky Hately next to him against the Jaguars and Fournette got nothing. 

Ricky led the DTs in tackles in that game. He may stick around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

In this report from The Bleacher Report writer Brandon Thorn ranks all of the 104 defensive tackles in the NFL that played a significant amount of time in the league.  You can read the criteria they used which includes numeric scores in bunch of different areas.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2751939-nfl1000-ranking-the-top-defensive-tackles-of-2017-season

What shocked me is that out of 104 Defensive Tackles, three of the players that starter on the interior of the defensive Bills DT's rank dead freakin' last.  In fact Here is the breakdown of their line:

#104 Cedric Thronton

#103 Adolphus Washington 

#102 Jerel Worthy

#25 Kyle Williams

(In case you are interested, Marcel Dareus ranked #27)

So according to this article Kyle still ranked pretty decent, though most fans could see he's not the player he was a few years ago.  While these rankings are obviously objective, I think it says a lot about the weaknesses of the Bills front 7, a weakness that is compounded by linebackers who sometimes don't fill quick enough and/or don't get off blocks.

The fact that the Bills weren't victimized worse on the ground by Fournette and the #1 ranked rushing offense yesterday is quite a feat.

Not really, they sold out to stop the run sometimes with as many as 9 men in the box. The opposing team really has no chance to run effectively when they are blocking 6 guys against 8 or 9. Its virtually impossible.

If it was a halfway decent QB they would have gotten gashed in the passing game