Mike Pettine interviewing for Packers DC

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

His defense was solid here. Still got torched by the run, but he had possibly the worst QB situation with Hoyer, and Manziel. 

I don't know if that is worse than Kizer/Kessler/Hogan. But it's kind of amazing that Pettine got canned and not Jackson with their respective performances. I'd wager that Hue's roster this year outside of QB was considerable better than Pettine's Browns teams. 

1 minute ago, Big C said:

I don't know if that is worse than Kizer/Kessler/Hogan. But it's kind of amazing that Pettine got canned and not Jackson with their respective performances. I'd wager that Hue's roster this year outside of QB was considerable better than Pettine's Browns teams. 

You're probably right, but having a QB that has substance abuse issues doesn't help and probably why I would rank it worse than the current QB situation as they will pick one at number one this draft. 

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting. Always liked Pettine. Got a raw deal in Cleveland having to deal with Manziel.

While I agree the Browns were a bad situation, Pettine knowingly and willingly took that on for a HC job.  IOW yes it was a raw deal, but it was his freely chosen raw deal.

I did not like his run D here - yesterday we sold out the pass to stop the run.   Pettine consistently sold out the run to pressure the passer.

Teams could run on us all day and they did.  C'mon man, #4 against the pass and #28 against the run?  #10 overall on yards but #20 overall on points? 

That's not great and the proof was when Schwartz took the whole thing to #4 the following year with most of the same personnel.

I do NOT think he'd be a good choice for the Pack, who are my NFC team and I badly want to see upgrade on D

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Surprising that we haven't heard of him interviewing until now. 

Wonder if he chose to take a break from the game, or if there honestly just wasn't interest until now. I find it a little hard to believe that nobody had any interest in him, looking around at some of the DC's in the NFL the past 2 seasons... 

i always thought he was he was a good D.C. Rex's defense sure went downhill once he left. Also thought he did a good job as HC of the Browns. They probably should have just kept him. They may have been better off right now if they had. I have to think he'd have won more than 1 game in 2 years. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting. Always liked Pettine. Got a raw deal in Cleveland having to deal with Manziel.

Good for him, he was great for us. 

Where has he been since Cleveland?

4 hours ago, fridge said:

He'll be a HC again soon enough.  His 7 win season with the Browns is practically an undefeated season by normal NFL standards.

Much better than Hue.