Unusual draft fact

Batman1876

There has not been a trade in at least the last 20 years where a team packaged 2 first round picks from the current draft to move up.   If the Bills decide to package 21& 22 I’ll be curious to see what they get.  Johnson chart says 7th,  throw in a 2nd and the Johnson chart says we could get to 4th. 

Edited by Batman1876

If we use all of our awesome draft picks to get an unknown unproven rookie (especially not even the best one available which will surely be gone by 4), I would lose my faith in this management staff.

I think there is absolutely zero chance these guys make a move like this. At least, I hope they are smart enough not to

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

If we use all of our awesome draft picks to get an unknown unproven rookie (especially not even the best one available which will surely be gone by 4), I would lose my faith in this management staff.

I think there is absolutely zero chance these guys make a move like this. At least, I hope they are smart enough not to

Agreed.  This is not the year to sell the farm for the 3rd best QB.   Take BPA with our first four picks.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Usually we do that for a soft WR or a third rate DE.

• Like (+1) 1

That chart is so out of date its laughable...it does not show anything close to real world value of the picks and is basically capriciously assigned values with no real world meaning...there are far better charts out there based on actual pick values based on reality

Edited by matter2003

48 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

If their evaluation says that one of the QBs is a top ten starter then they absolutely should do it.  2004 is the example to point to.  If we used 2 firsts a second and a fifth to move ahead of Pittsburgh and draft Ben then this is a different franchise.  If they think that one of the six guys being talked about for the first round has the chops then get them, who knows when your next chance will be.  

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That chart is so out of date its laughable...it does not show anything close to real world value of the picks and is basically capriciously assigned values with no real world meaning...there are far better charts out there based on actual pick values based on reality

Modern charts put the value of out picks at equal to the 3rd or 4th. Is there any particular pick metric you favor?

3 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

There has not been a trade in at least the last 20 years where a team packaged 2 first round picks from the current draft to move up.   If the Bills decide to package 21& 22 I’ll be curious to see what they get.  Johnson chart says 7th,  throw in a 2nd and the Johnson chart says we could get to 4th. 

Rather throw in a player who has skills but we don't necessarily want any longer because of, perhaps, injury concerns.

4 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

NY Giants at 2 and  Cleveland 1 and 4 want a QB.   Top 2 QBs should be gone.  Mayfield possibly will drop to middle of the first round.  I can see them drafting him and a run stopping wide body DT in the first round

9 hours ago, Batman1876 said:

I might trade up to get LB Roquan Smith. That dude is fast.