McDermott and Beane Will Hold an End of Season Presser on 1-9 at 1 PM ET

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What was McD referring to when they asked him about Jags players claiming the Bills were coached to be “chirping” or something? McD said they won the game and it was an “unfortunate situation” and he left it at that. Didn’t seem to be related to the Richie thing.

Something about a player accusing the coaching staff of teaching their players to be chirping/smack talking on the field. I didn't catch if it was a jags player accusing the Bills coaches or the other way around

Jaguars defensive end Calais Campbell and defensive tackle Abry Jones said they did not hear Incognito use any racial slurs, but Campbell said Ngakoue told him what Incognito allegedly said. Campbell also said it seemed like Bills players were deliberately trying to antagonize Jaguars players.

"I think they were really trying to get us to lose our cool and try to get penalties," Campbell said. "There were a lot of guys talking as if it was coached to get us to lose our cool, so we can get a 15-yard penalty. I think that's something we're going to have to deal with because we've shown we can be a little too aggressive at times.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22004797/jacksonville-jaguars-defensive-end-yannick-ngakoue-stands-accusation-buffalo-bills-offensive-lineman-richie-incognito

26 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Jon Scott @JonScottTV 10m10 minutes ago

Brandon Beane says his biggest job as GM is to find a franchise quarterback. Doesn't care where he finds it (free agency or draft), just that he does. #Bills

My takeaway from this comment:  If Tyrod was that guy, he wouldn't have to go out looking or have to find him, right?

Best thing I've heard all day.

36 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

From what I'm hearing re: Shula, it sounds like Dorsey would be a better option. Fits the young, hopefully inventive and innovative, OC mold that has more of a ceiling. 

That sounds like the general overall trend in the NFL right now. Reich got the nod as OC in Philly 2 years ago after being QB coach, and now their QB coach Defillipo is getting buzz as an OC or HC

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Best thing I've heard all day.

All GM's are tasked with finding a franchise QB.

The problem is that there are so few elite QBs.  To make things worse, the way college football is played these days, college football is grooming fewer and fewer QBs that might possibly develop into a pro style elite QB.

10 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm not shocked if TT is back to start the year. But they absolutely are going to go looking for someone

Which makes sense. You can’t kick him to the curb and end up in a situation where you are begging Kyle Orton to un retire. 

I trust these guys are going to find find a way to get better at QB..  and not in some marginal slightly better placate the fan base sort of way. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That sounds like the general overall trend in the NFL right now. Reich got the nod as OC in Philly 2 years ago after being QB coach, and now their QB coach Defillipo is getting buzz as an OC or HC

DeFilippo is intriguing. Any QB coach who has proven able to develop a young QB should be in play, and it's tough argue with how Wentz looked this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

DeFilippo is intriguing. Any QB coach who has proven able to develop a young QB should be in play, and it's tough argue with how Wentz looked this year. 

The problem is that they cannot take their QBs with them.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Jaguars defensive end Calais Campbell and defensive tackle Abry Jones said they did not hear Incognito use any racial slurs, but Campbell said Ngakoue told him what Incognito allegedly said. Campbell also said it seemed like Bills players were deliberately trying to antagonize Jaguars players.

"I think they were really trying to get us to lose our cool and try to get penalties," Campbell said. "There were a lot of guys talking as if it was coached to get us to lose our cool, so we can get a 15-yard penalty. I think that's something we're going to have to deal with because we've shown we can be a little too aggressive at times.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22004797/jacksonville-jaguars-defensive-end-yannick-ngakoue-stands-accusation-buffalo-bills-offensive-lineman-richie-incognito

Smart by the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

This is honestly Belichickian. I would be thrilled if our coaching staff employed little intricacies like this. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I believe it was Jacksonville's own Tom Coughlin who admitted that he coached his Giants to bait the Bills into Penalties to beat ourselves in 2015.

that was such a frustrating game

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

All GM's are tasked with finding a franchise QB.

The problem is that there are so few elite QBs.  To make things worse, the way college football is played these days, college football is grooming fewer and fewer QBs that might possibly develop into a pro style elite QB.

Anyone but tyrod, I can't stomach another year of him starting.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Smart by the Bills.

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

This is honestly Belichickian. I would be thrilled if our coaching staff employed little intricacies like this. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I believe it was Jacksonville's own Tom Coughlin who admitted that he coached his Giants to bait the Bills into Penalties to beat ourselves in 2015.

This makes me trust the process. Win within the limitations of the rules of the game.