Go Hire Kubiak

MAJBobby

4 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Here are some other Ideas right now 

Ben McAdoo

Mike McCoy

Rob Chudzinski (if fired with new HC)

Norv Turner (if he wants to coach again)

Marc Trestmen

Chan Gailey

Joe Philbin (if fired with new HC in Indy)

Wade Wilson

Alex Van Pelt (now that more seasoned)

Ken Dorsey

my other Favorite is 

John Deflippo - QBs he has developed Carr (in Oak) and now Wentz. Also has been an OC before with Pettine in CLE (their offense was pretty good with nada)

How about Jim Bob Cooter if he isn't retained by Detroit?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

How about Jim Bob Cooter if he isn't retained by Detroit?

I was going to add him. 

However i think Patricia was told he has to keep Cooter the Owner loves him. And i think that is likely why Patricia was hired as a defensive mind just keep the O alone. See tweet below

48-La4Vw_normal.jpg Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
The #Lions are expected to interview #Patriots DC Matt Patricia for their now-vacant head coaching job. There will be others, but Patricia could keep the respected offensive staff in place. GM Bob Quinn's New England ties will help.

Edited by MAJBobby

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In a practical sense, I doubt Kubiak comes in if his buddy Dennison just got the boot after a year.

Would Kubiak consider an Asst Head Coach for O and QB development, with play calling duty and Dennison stays on as OC? Maybe a viable solution.   

4 hours ago, msw2112 said:

Didn't Dennison work under Kubiak for a number of years?  Given that relationship, I doubt that Kubiak would be interested in a job that was created by the firing of one of "his" guys.  Just my gut feeling on the topic.

Its a good idea but like this poster said, that alone makes it a pipe dream

Kubiak would be great and should be the type of hire that McDermott should be looking for - a HC of Offense.  Something like what Wade Phillips has been on defense for the few teams that have hired him, most recently the Rams.  That said, I doubt he would come here to take his longtime offensive partner's job.

I like the base system that Dennison wants to run here and people are paying attention they would see that the most successful, consistent offenses recently in the NFL utilize the Shananan zone/WC offense as their base:

Sean McVay, Jay Gruden, Kyle Shanahan, Pat Shurmur, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, Andy Reid - all zone blocking/WC based offenses.

Our current offensive staff, including Dennison, is a very patchwork group of coaches.  Dennison has never been the main playcaller, nor has he ever been the lead offensive voice at any stop he's had in the NFL(I actually thought his overall gameplanning and strategy was good this year; his in game playcalling was very suspect however).  Castillo and Culley were both reportedly on the outs in BAL and KC, respectively, and each team had no problem letting either guy go.  Culley has never been a QB coach before.  Our WR coach has never been one at the NFL level.  They all have a background in this offensive system at their various stops though.

It is clear to me that McDermott has an idea of the offensive style that he wants to run.  McCoy, Olson, and Childress(all guys that were reportedly higher on the candidate list for OC) all run this style of offense.  And they all turned him down.  I'm guessing because no one wanted to be saddled with our QB situation as its a recipe for exactly what we are talking about with Dennison now.

All that being said, I doubt anyone worth anything is coming here without some semblance of a QB situation figured out.  Which is why, unless they have come to some type of backchannel agreement with McCoy, I would imagine Dennison stays until they get a young QB to work with on the roster.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Kind of 50/50 on Kubiak

Wasn't Dennison's playbook the same as Kubiak's though? Or at least very similar.

I guess the main difference would be play calling?

The playbook is not the problem.

The problems in order:

QB

Playcalling rhythm

Overall talent

6 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I would like to keep the offensive scheme. I know it works in the NFL. I am not sure Dennison can implement it. So here is my option i am throwing into the mix. 

Gary Kubiak. Go hire him to replace Dennison has worked with young QBs as well. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2742608-gary-kubiak-reportedly-would-consider-returning-to-nfl-as-oc-in-2018.amp.html

Kubiak is a SB winning head coach with health issues. No way he comes back, especially for a OC position. Wishful thinking. 

Guess I should have read the article first lol. Git r dun! 

Edited by CDogg20

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

Good list.

I expect 2 to 3 new linemen next season. Wood replaced in 2 years.

I wish we could get Chan. If we had him I know we could make it with Taylor. Compared to the offense he had here this past one looked like the Bucs or someone close. Who was even our TE? Scott Chandler and Lee Smith lol. Wow.

5 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Not only that, Dennison was kubiak’s right hand man. My Broncos buddy said that kubiak relied heavily on Dennison for offense and playcalling. 

They worked together here in Houston with the Texans and Denison was one of the reasons Kubiak got fired. 

7 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It seems like we're keeping Dennisonn. Wouldn't the announcement have come already if we were moving on from him?

Not necessarily.  I don't think Beane and McDermott are the hasty types. 

They will get through locker clean out day, debriefing players and talking with them.

Then McDermott will take some time and reflect on it.

1 hour ago, Agent 91 said:

I wish we could get Chan. If we had him I know we could make it with Taylor. Compared to the offense he had here this past one looked like the Bucs or someone close. Who was even our TE? Scott Chandler and Lee Smith lol. Wow.

Oh, God, no!  Chan is the one who play-called for Fitz like he had the second incarnation of Drew Brees crossed with Aaron Rodgers under center, and he didn't.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My guess is that Dennison wants to come out of Kubiak's shadow and establish himself, so wouldn't like to get tucked back in.

I think Dennison if fears job in trouble would welcome this in a way. But Kubiak offense has not been good as well. I'd rather get in touch offense's that are good nowdays.

12 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

He's had a year off, so maybe he takes an OC job...but, then again he may just want a FO job with the Broncos. However, if this link is to be believed, and Kubiak could return as OC, then yes, you do it and get a YOUNG QB so Kubiak can help develop him properly. Otherwise, except for changing names, you're not changing much.

One of the bigger name college QBs and Kubiak as OC/Quarterback Whisperer would be ideal.

Probably too ideal to be realistic, but I love the idea.