Anyone know where we could find a list of possible offensive coordinators?

Buffalo03

I’d rather just worry about finding a list of any qb that can throw more than 5 yards downfield. Throw to open receivers. Throw to receivers in the run. Not check down to Mike Tolbert or Pat DiMarco. And one that understands he has the ability to run for first downs when things break down but actually take off and not get sacked. 

Im not saying Dennison is great, but let’s see what we have in even a decent QB before we throw Dennison away. Tyrod missed a crap ton of throws today. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Usually you look at fired head coaches or the staffs of coaches that got canned.

The only head coaches with an offensive background that got canned are Ben McAdoo and Jim Caldwell.  Neither are great options...

Edited by sullim4

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’d rather just worry about finding a list of any qb that can throw more than 5 yards downfield. Throw to open receivers. Throw to receivers in the run. Not check down to Mike Tolbert or Pat DiMarco. And one that understands he has the ability to run for first downs when things break down but actually take off and not get sacked. 

Im not saying Dennison is great, but let’s see what we have in even a decent QB before we throw Dennison away. Tyrod missed a crap ton of throws today. 

I agree with the QB argument. I just worry that it won't matter with Dennison as a coordinator. I don't trust him developing a rookie or even excelling with a veteran

We had ties to Mike McCoy, he's available. Possibly Jim Caldwell as well

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I agree with the QB argument. I just worry that it won't matter with Dennison as a coordinator. I don't trust him developing a rookie or even excelling with a veteran

We had ties to Mike McCoy, he's available. Possibly Jim Caldwell as well

Tyrod is most of the reason why we look like crap on offense. He’s terrible. He cannot find open receivers. He cannot pull the trigger on deep or contested balls. 

A lot of the play play calls aren’t terrible. It’s Tyrod checking down to Tolbert and Anything 3 yards in front of him when he has multiple options downfield. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Usually you look at fired head coaches or the staffs of coaches that got canned.

The only head coaches with an offensive background that got canned are Ben McAdoo and Jim Caldwell.  Neither are great options...

Or up and coming position coaches

or OCs where the head coach is offensive (like the saints, for instance) and theOC might want to distinguish themselves 

9 minutes ago, mrags said:

Tyrod is most of the reason why we look like crap on offense. He’s terrible. He cannot find open receivers. He cannot pull the trigger on deep or contested balls. 

A lot of the play play calls aren’t terrible. It’s Tyrod checking down to Tolbert and Anything 3 yards in front of him when he has multiple options downfield. 

I agree with Tyrod being a big part of it. It's the running of Tolbert on 2nd and 15 I don't understand lol

30 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I agree with Tyrod being a big part of it. It's the running of Tolbert on 2nd and 15 I don't understand lol

Well. He’s not the one taking shady off the field I’m those situations. A player gets tired or needs a break and he come off the field. Meanwhile, Dennison has his play called. 

I woind tbe mad at Dennison for running Tolbert. Be mad at McDermott and Beane for not having a competent backup for when shady needs to rest a few plays. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

What OC in their right mind would want to come here with Tyrod. IMO draft a top QB in the draft and options will open up. I don't see anyone wanting the job till Tyrod is off the roster.

Tyrod needs to go.....announce it tomorrow - Bills part ways with Taylor.......OC peeps will be waiting for a call......

was listening to Joe B....he says a name to look at is Rob Chudzinski...close friend of McD....I know he has some HC exp but how is he with QB's or new QB's more importantly?

well I looked a bit and seems he's been retained by Colts...does that mean the new HC has to keep him..I wouldnt think so, not if you want to find a good HC right?

Edited by Tsaikotic

The Bills/McD’s original choice for OC was Mike McCoy. Mccoy and Brandon Beane - who had yet to join the Bills when they were trying to hire him the first time - spent 10 years together in Carolina. McCoy is now available.

i don’t like mccoy at all as a HC but don’t think he’s a bad OC. I don’t love Denison but don’t see how he can be evaluated with such a limited QB. However, I think IF they can get mccoy they will fire Denison. If they can’t, they won’t. In other words, I don’t see them firing Denison and then doing a big OC search.

ive seen people say that McD has loyalty to Denison. Is that really true? Did he ever even work with him previously? 

Edited by YoloinOhio

We made the playoffs dispite our offense, Denn was stuck with doing what our last few OCs had to do with Tyrod, change there scheme completly.

IMHO I think we need to keep him and see how he does with a different QB first. If things fail then fire, one and done coaches is not a good way to run a team IMO esspecialy when said coach is stuck with such a limited most important piece. Other coaches will see this team fires quickly, who would want the job.

3 hours ago, gjv001 said:

I think finding players that can better execute on offense is a more pressing need.

Woop there it is.

Schemes don't win, players do.

Trust the process, get better players then evaluate the coaches.

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

We made the playoffs dispite our offense, Denn was stuck with doing what our last few OCs had to do with Tyrod, change there scheme completly.

IMHO I think we need to keep him and see how he does with a different QB first. If things fail then fire, one and done coaches is not a good way to run a team IMO esspecialy when said coach is stuck with such a limited most important piece. Other coaches will see this team fires quickly, who would want the job.

Woop there it is.

Schemes don't win, players do.

Trust the process, get better players then evaluate the coaches.

I think schemes win when you don't have an elite QB.  Lynn had Taylor looking decent last year.

20 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I think schemes win when you don't have an elite QB.  Lynn had Taylor looking decent last year.

He was also limited and also couldn't get Tyrod to play well enough a full season to win the big games so I do not agree that Lynn or Roman scheme was all that with Tyrod. If anything it showed teams catch up with Tyrod as a QB because of having such limited options. Keep changing the OC it works for Tyrod at first then fails when teams see how said scheme is done as oppose to having a good QB that has a book of goodies in a scheme. Tyrod is very limited and shows with every scheme a OC tries to use with him.IMO

Edited by xRUSHx