Does Alex Smith Lead The Bills To Victory Today?

Does Alex Smith Lead The Bills To Victory Today?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. If All Conditions Are The Same, Alex Smith Lead The Bills To Victory Today?

• YES
    • NO

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I remember when Nick Foles had a monster year.  Then the clock struck twelve on him too. 

Like an apple w/o a core the Bills WR corps is missing  good players. 

Nick Foles and Alex Smith's career are complete opposite.  Smith for the last 5-6 years has been steady, average, but at least steady.

Yeah our WR core could use an upgrade but it's not bad enough to be legendarily bad like our offense was this year.  

The main reason our offense was this bad was because of the combination of Taylor and Dennison.

10 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

But when Kelce was out of the game, he scored 0 points

Right! And who does he throw to on the Bills? And doors he even get a pass off with our blocking? Tyrod had to extend plays with his legs Sunday. Not defending Taylor. Just pointing out the Bills offensive issues run deeper than just the QB.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Right! And who does he throw to on the Bills? And doors he even get a pass off with our blocking? Tyrod had to extend plays with his legs Sunday. Not defending Taylor. Just pointing out the Bills offensive issues run deeper than just the QB.

Not really.     He misses the open guy often. 

Poor vision.    Poor qb.   

Smith isn't a guy who can carry a team like the elites but he's good enough if you surround him with talent. Mobile enough if the OL has struggles. I'm not 100% thrilled at the idea, but looking at all the options and all our immediate needs, I'm all for rolling with Smith and drafting a potential guy behind him and filling in all our needs like RT, getting a pass rush, a dominant MLB, etc.

9 hours ago, B-Large said:

Smith a little less agile version of Tyrod Taylor.  Alex Smith consistently tucks and runs instead of thread a dart to open receivers down field.  Watching the Chiefs yesterday and Bills today made me think of how similarly average those two are.

2 seasons ago Alex Smith didn’t have a TD pass to a wide receiver for a while season... that’s incredibly pathetic 

I hope neither are part of our future plans

Smith is significantly better than Tyrod Taylor. 

Yeah, we'd have won with Smith today, I think. We were close. The Jags aren't that great a team either.

But we have a lot of other problems too. With Smith we still wouldn't have won another game after Jacksonville.

If possible I'd love to see them get Alex Smith and also draft a guy early.

Alex Smith is an upgrade over Taylor but he also has issues throwing the ball...ask any Chefs fan and they will sound like Bills fans about Taylor. 

NO THANKS to Alex Smith.

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't say he was the missing link but he's better than Taylor.

Our WR core looks poor because the guy throwing to them is very poor.  

For as long as Tyrod is the starter here people are going to say we have no receivers. It’s easier than admitting your starting QB sucks at getting them the ball.

41 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, we'd have won with Smith today, I think. We were close. The Jags aren't that great a team either.

But we have a lot of other problems too. With Smith we still wouldn't have won another game after Jacksonville.

If possible I'd love to see them get Alex Smith and also draft a guy early.

This is the only scenario in which I’d want Smith. As long as a QB was drafted early.

I definitely don’t want to see Taylor back though.

11 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'd wager that the Bills WR corps ( save Zay Jones who is close to a lost cause) would look surprisingly competent with Smith passing the ball instead of the confused , overly cautious Tyrod. 

And yet over the previous two seasons, Taylor had a full complement of weapons - Watkins & Woods - only 15 games. 

When he did, the confused and overly cautious Tyrod did this : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs.

Somehow the confused and overly cautious Tyrod had a better NFL passer rating this year than Dak Prescott or Derek Carr. What do you think would happen if the confused and overly cautious Tyrod was throwing to Cooper, Crabtree, Cook and Cordarrelle - while Derek inherited Zay, Deonte, and a crippled Benjamin as targets? Or lets imagine the confused and overly cautious Tyrod trading o-lines with Dak. In either case, I bet the gap between their passer ratings would increase significantly in TT's favor.

Alex is a good option but not worth a first or even two, twos. He’s just not. Remember a couple of weeks ago when the Chiefs needed a play out of Smith he couldn’t deliver when they were playing us. 

I would deal two, threes at most for Smith. 

Blake Bottles could have won us the game ...

All we needed was for Tyrod to not be terrible and we win that game. Average to Below Average and we win that game. Very frustrating. I wanted to root for Tyrod, I wanted him to be THE GUY but enough is enough.

The only QB's I dont start over Tyrod yesterday would be Jacoby Brissett, DeShone Kizer and Trevor Siemian. 

1 hour ago, grb said:

And yet over the previous two seasons, Taylor had a full complement of weapons - Watkins & Woods - only 15 games. 

When he did, the confused and overly cautious Tyrod did this : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INTs.

Somehow the confused and overly cautious Tyrod had a better NFL passer rating this year than Dak Prescott or Derek Carr. What do you think would happen if the confused and overly cautious Tyrod was throwing to Cooper, Crabtree, Cook and Cordarrelle - while Derek inherited Zay, Deonte, and a crippled Benjamin as targets? Or lets imagine the confused and overly cautious Tyrod trading o-lines with Dak. In either case, I bet the gap between their passer ratings would increase significantly in TT's favor.

A lot of those games came in the first year before people figured out how to stop a Tyrod-led offense.

Would Tyrod's stats improve if he had better surroundings? Yeah. But he'd still have the traits he has that lead to teams defending the run first and just trying to make Tyrod be a quarterback.

58 minutes ago, grb said:

Perhaps it could improve somewhat. Carr and Prescott had bad seasons, and passer rating can be a misleading metric. Regardless, Watkins and Woods are above average WRs that can make a thoroughly average QB such as Taylor look better. They are gone. The OL isn't great, but good enough as most QBs that aren't Tyrod get rid ofthe ball in 3 seconds. It's an easier fix to swap out the QB for a couple seasons while a drafted QB is developed than to revamp an Oline and WR corps. Tyrod will never do much with Benjamin ( even when healthy) because he doesn't get great separation that Taylor requires before he will consider letting a pass fly. So he goes unused. Time to move on from Tyrod and his extremely limited ability to pass the football in a passing league.