Who's Your Favorite Buffalo Bills Player?

R. Rich

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All Time: Thurman

Current: Moulds (closing the gap based on the comment about respecting those that were Bills in the past)

Most of my honorable mentions have already been mentioned honorably in this thread.

:D

Bruce Smith.....Met him at the Pro Bowl when I was stationed at Pearl Harbor.....Got him to sign a jersey...He was walking away after practice and was tired of signing autographs and I yelled "come on Bruce...Alll the way from North Tonawanda" ... he stopped, turned around and came over and signed my jersey and chatted for a minute or two...WAYYY COOOL!!!!

1) Chris Speilman

2) Bruce Smith

3) Bryce Paup

But my favorite current Bill is Coach Krumerie, the toughest man in the United States.  :D

268880[/snapback]

Cool - Someone else giving props to Paup...

Paup dominated in 95-96...He won Defensive player of the year for the NFL!

Cookie Gilchrist. the Man-Child of the sixties. You had to love his ability. For those youngsters who marvel at Jason Peters potential remember Cookie was actuality. A man who was a man as a boy arrived in Buffalo amidst social change. As the bus from North Buffalo bars (Brunners) rolled up Jefferson that evidenced the seething rage of Black neighborhoods complete with burned, that is, torched buildings. He and Kemp mobilized the players threatening a boycott of AFL All Star game. He is a deeply misunderstood man whose era served him poorly. I saw Takeo in a restaurant and it was like a flash back. Cookie could have played every position on the field except perhaps corner and qb but maybe the latter is the result of repressed residual racism. Ralph before you die right this wrong.

Cookie Gilchrist. the Man-Child of the sixties. You had to love his ability. For those youngsters who marvel at Jason Peters potential remember Cookie was actuality. A man who was a man as a boy arrived in Buffalo amidst social change. As the bus from North Buffalo bars (Brunners) rolled up Jefferson that evidenced the seething rage of Black neighborhoods complete with burned, that is, torched buildings. He and Kemp mobilized the players threatening a boycott of AFL All Star game. He is a deeply misunderstood man whose era served him poorly. I saw Takeo in a restaurant and it was like a flash back. Cookie could have played every position on the field except perhaps corner and qb but maybe the latter is the result of repressed residual racism. Ralph before you die right this wrong.

268907[/snapback]

Cookie is coming on strong....I think he was a 28 year old rookie with the Bills---probbly an all-time great level of talent.