Why the Peterman hate

BBills88

25 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Do you know how ridiculous writing off a rookie QB after about four quarters of real game action sounds? One game of action...seriously? Complaining about interceptions from a rookie who has no fear throwing in tight windows after three stinking years of Tyrod Taylor playing it super safe and not ever throwing it WRs who were not completely wide open?

You know, in another thread someone actually dug out a "throwing into tight windows" stat chart, from NextGenStats.

It was funny to see another one of these hysterical message-board-cliches actually quantified. You can check out the entire chart by the link below, but two quick points :

• There is no correlation between good quarterbacking and frequency throwing into "tight windows". As an example, one Mr. Aaron Rodgers occupies the slot immediately below Taylor. And although Carson Wentz is pretty good and occupies the highest rating, there are some pretty shabby players in the group immediately below him.
  • Even more amusing? Let's  take Drew Brees as an example : His percent of attempts "throwing into tight windows" is 1.4% higher than Taylor. That translates into about six attempts over the course of Taylor's season and plus-minus 3.68 completions - round-up and say one every four games. Now, that's playing it super safe, right?

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/200274-tyrod-taylor-playoff-qb/?page=16&tab=comments#comment-4800854

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...pretty pathetic isn't it?.....some sour grapes because Dorsey & Gettleman got GM jobs versus some of the "budding" candidates here??.....sure as hell hope none of the 2018 Draft QB eligibles read crap like this......sure would make you feel real, REAL welcome.....TBD Red Carpet is covered with pigeon stains......a 5th round ROOK with minis, OTA's, TC, some pre-season work, a bad start and some mop up duty defines and era or career according for the good 'ol "One & Done Gang".......plenty of time to earn the "bust moniker"......hell even Darby got labeled a bust in a PRE-SEASON GAME as a rook for getting torched.....

Pathetic is an excellent choice of words. I'm laughing at the fervor they have in their knowing Peterson's a bust after four quarters of NFL action.

Brady, as everyone knows was a 6th rd. pick. Prescott was a fourth rd. pick. Joe Montana was a third rd. pick presumably ,because he had a weak arm. all of you  pseudo GM's  know for a fact that Peterman has a weak arm because one you put it on the board. The rest of you, like lemmings picked up on it , so it must be true. I say wait until next year to see how it sorts out. you may be surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Brady, as everyone knows was a 6th rd. pick. Prescott was a fourth rd. pick. Joe Montana was a third rd. pick presumably ,because he had a weak arm. all of you  pseudo GM's  know for a fact that Peterman has a weak arm because one you put it on the board. The rest of you, like lemmings picked up on it , so it must be true. I say wait until next year to see how it sorts out. you may be surprised.

I don't know if he has a week arm or not. But he sure throws a lot of picks. I do know that.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think we have seen enough to know if he is good or bad, or weak or strong armed.  We do know that he does some stupid stuff, like intentional grounding.  We do have glimpses that the guy is a leader, has confidence, can throw guys open, and isn't afraid to throw it in a tight window.  I like him, but the jury is still out. Go Bills!!!

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know if he has a week arm or not. But he sure throws a lot of picks. I do know that.

Cmon reddog!!??!

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is such BS.  Had Hotrod NOT brought us back from 7 down vs Bucs, or Joe Webb III not completed that great pass to Thompson, or had we not beat the Fish in the last game, or the D stepping up vs Cheaps, or beat the defending NFC champs, we still would have been out.

We won a playoff spot by following the rules set up by the NFL before the season started.  Those loser teams that didn't make it (Chargers and Raisins) should have done better than us which they did not.

Bills are far from the only team to ever get in with help.

Why can't we just admit that the bills had a good season and our QB played good enough to get us there?  It's true.  It happened.

I'll be waiting for a yeah but ...

"Don't leave home without it!"

DSERbWoX0AQRoN1.jpg

29 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I don't think we have seen enough to know if he is good or bad, or weak or strong armed.  We do know that he does some stupid stuff, like intentional grounding.  We do have glimpses that the guy is a leader, has confidence, can throw guys open, and isn't afraid to throw it in a tight window.  I like him, but the jury is still out. Go Bills!!!

Cmon reddog!!??!

I forgot. He fumbles a lot too.

24 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Peterman deserves to be on the practice squad, he should not be on an active roster, he serves no purpose as a starter or a backup.

Right.  I'm sure the coaches will demote him to the PS or just cut him, for after 1 rookie season and about 1 game he's surely proven he serves no purpose as you say. 

37 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

You believe in him, I don't. Didn't like him as a college QB either.

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

What exactly has he proven?

He hasn't proven anything yet in my view.  He's not a good NFL backup or starter or a bum that should be cut IMO.  Too soon to tell, but of course if he's as bad as so many of the expert posters on this board say, the Bills will surely cut him soon. 

Just now, keepthefaith said:

He hasn't proven anything yet in my view.  He's not a good NFL backup or starter or a bum that should be cut IMO.  Too soon to tell, but of course if he's as bad as so many of the expert posters on this board say, the Bills will surely cut him soon. 

He set a record for most INTs in a half, not a very good sign and I never thought he was a good QB even at the collegiate level, let alone the NFL. I think he will be out of the league in less than 5 years.