Unleash Tyrod ... Really

Gugny

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with Gug on this. If the Bills have a chance this week it’s going to be with improvisation on offense. Broken plays will give them a chance. Keep plays alive, run TT and hope guys shake free down the field. They still need to take care of the football and stop the run too. They aren’t going to beat this defense throwing slants on 3 step drops.

I was thinking about it the other day though and think that an elite defense hurts the Bills less than it would hurt most teams. The Bills offense is at its best when chaos ensues. Good defenses don’t prey on their mistakes either. They don’t turn it over. They are unconventional. They can struggle against bad defenses as easily as they can good defenses. The pass rush is a little scary but at the same time we need TT to try to hang and make plays. 

You have to throw everything including the kitchen sink and the Joe Webb  Spider Webb package into this game (every game going forward) 

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

While there’s nothing incendiary about your  post(for a change) and I slightly agree I found the halftime comment funny as you’ve claimed over the 2nd half of the season, numerous times, games would be over by halftime if Tyrod even saw the field. 

So I see this basically as a PC version of you claiming it’ll be done by halftime instead of the usual over the top dramatic narratives. Lol. 

We all just need to pray he gets in the zone and finds last years renditions of Seattle and game 2 vs Miami. 

We were robbed in the Seattle game at a minimum of 2 times by the Refs.   Unabated  hit on the kicker was never flagged and the Bills had to waste a TO because of it IIRC 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We were robbed in the Seattle game at a minimum of 2 times by the Refs.   Unabated  hit on the kicker was never flagged and the Bills had to waste a TO because of it IIRC 

That last drive.... my god it felt so certain they were gonna pull it out. What a nut punch that was. 

Regardless. It’s the same sort of situation. On the road against an elite defense and nobody gave the bills a shot and Taylor rose up for the first 59:30 of it. Can only hope we get something similar.... where he actually comes up in the clutch obviously. Lol. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

This is actually all very true. The Bills do their best when the offensive gameplan essentially becomes "backyard ball" -- that's a disaster over the course of a full season, but in a playoff game against an aggressive defense, it actually really works in their favor. 

I mean, It's not like the Jags secondary can shut down the Bills WRs any more than they already are. 

Agreed, it’s not sustainable for sure but may work for a week. That holds especially true when Blake Bortles is across the field. He’s certainly capable of throwing the Bills a few short fields. If (big if) they can slow the run on the early downs and force Bortles to make plays they have a chance this week.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

So your basically saying that he should risk a career ending injury to try to appease you, who doesnt like him and still wants him gone.  Do you realize how entitled and ridiculous that sounds.Not to mention it being an awful gameplan. Jacksonville has got some heavy hitters who will be trying to knock him out of the game, and If he gets hurt the season is effectively over.

No, not to appease me. To win the game. To impress potential future employers. Get good stuff on tape.

There is no tomorrow in the playoffs. This is his chance to take over a game and not manage it. A couple years back he actually showed he has the ability against Tennessee to carry the team. He plays way too tentative. 

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You have to throw everything including the kitchen sink and the Joe Webb  Spider Webb package into this game (every game going forward) 

Ha ha, it’s funny that you say this because my dad is advocating using Webb in the backfield if Shady is out. His thought is that Webb is as good of a runner as those other guys and offers some different looks. It’s a decent thought IMO. Maybe Dunkirk Don was onto something?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Agreed, it’s not sustainable for sure but may work for a week. That holds especially true when Blake Bortles is across the field. He’s certainly capable of throwing the Bills a few short fields. If (big if) they can slow the run on the early downs and force Bortles to make plays they have a chance this week.

I gotta wonder if there’s any sort of scenario where they really stack it up front and tell our FINALLY healthy secondary to freaking earn their cheddar. I get that’s not really their scheme. But I gotta think those boys could handle it for at least durations. 

Player for player I can’t say jax db’s are significantly better than ours. And can you imagine the raw numbers our safeties would have with a front putting up 55 sacks? 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, it’s funny that you say this because my dad is advocating using Webb in the backfield if Shady is out. His thought is that Webb is as good of a runner as those other guys and offers some different looks. It’s a decent thought IMO. Maybe Dunkirk Don was onto something?

My sources said it would be so,  Why is that funny?   LOL 

Wait!!  Your dad is Dunkirk Don!!!  :o

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

A few of you may know that I'm not a big fan of Tyrod Taylor.  I've kept my opinions to myself, for the most part.

If there is one thing that Tyrod is good at (and there really only is one thing), it's making plays with his legs.

If there was ever a time to say "!@#$ it" and let him just do his thing, it's this Sunday at 1pm EST.  With McCoy's bum wheel, as much as I think Murphy is a good back (I really do), we need Jacksonville to respect our ground game.  Let's face it, they're not going to respect a passing game that's been near, or at, last in the league for each of the past three seasons.

If our defense is up to the daunting task of keeping Blake !@#$ing Bortles from generating any kind of passing threat against us, perhaps we can keep Fournette from beating us and let Tyrod's legs open up some sort of passing threat of our own.

Is this a sustainable formula for a 17+ week season?  No.  But it's a new tournament now.  It's a four week season.

We kept hearing about Taylor being "unleashed," but we never saw it.  I think it's time we do.

Agreed.

The first drop-back pass I see that results in a sack on Sunday I will lose my ****. This is not a game where drop-back passes will work. We need read-options, roll-outs, designed QB draws, speed options, and play-action throws. That's it!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Hemet said:

You should give up your seat to a real fan and find something else to do.

Why aren’t you traveling to the game like he is ? 

What a lame comment.     He is a real fan who wants to upgrade our terrible stock of qb’s.   

This used to be allowed before the #cot takeover. 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

After seeing Webb passing...  playing at RB might suit him best. 

It seems that the only way that TT is unleashed these days is when the play breaks down and he has to improvise..........other than that, i think the coaching staff has him on a tight leash and want to keep him one dimensional.

So, either this coaching staff is going to show the Jags something they've never seen before from TT all year or they're going to show them the same thing we've all seen all year with zero surprises and we're going to have an early exit from the playoffs.

I really hope that our coaches are dialling something up to utilise TT and have him be a little less predictable.

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

A few of you may know that I'm not a big fan of Tyrod Taylor.  I've kept my opinions to myself, for the most part.

If there is one thing that Tyrod is good at (and there really only is one thing), it's making plays with his legs.

If there was ever a time to say "!@#$ it" and let him just do his thing, it's this Sunday at 1pm EST.  With McCoy's bum wheel, as much as I think Murphy is a good back (I really do), we need Jacksonville to respect our ground game.  Let's face it, they're not going to respect a passing game that's been near, or at, last in the league for each of the past three seasons.

If our defense is up to the daunting task of keeping Blake !@#$ing Bortles from generating any kind of passing threat against us, perhaps we can keep Fournette from beating us and let Tyrod's legs open up some sort of passing threat of our own.

Is this a sustainable formula for a 17+ week season?  No.  But it's a new tournament now.  It's a four week season.

We kept hearing about Taylor being "unleashed," but we never saw it.  I think it's time we do.

Totally agree!

I would rather have Taylor going balls out & leaving it all on the field rather than being conservative as he has all year !!

You would think because of his incentives in his contract with him having an extra $500k in his pocket if he wins this week end & the pot increasing to $2 million if he makes it to the SB that the cash incentive should be more than enough motivation to play his a^% off !!!

38 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree with your dad; plus, he can at least make the defense respect the pass option.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I sure hope so man, would love to see a win this weekend 

Do you?   Do you hope so?

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Why aren’t you traveling to the game like he is ? 

What a lame comment.     He is a real fan who wants to upgrade our terrible stock of qb’s.   

This used to be allowed before the #cot takeover. 

Be careful that you do not become what you hate

(to late....it has already happened)