Sam Darnold Declares for the 2018 NFL Draft

26CornerBlitz

14 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Browns:  Darnold

Giants:  Rosen (should send Darnold a fruit basket thanking him for not having to be being drafted by Cleveland)

Colts: Barkley

#4 is where the trades start happening

I could see a team jumping ahead of the Broncos at either the Colts or 2nd Browns pick to get Allen or Mayfield before Elway does.

im not sure how the new Colts GM will draft but I assume he would trade down if someone was willing.

Wow I'm absolutely shocked! He's going to go #1 but still, I thought for sure he would want to stay and go after a Heisman and championship. 

Put it on the board: 1. Darnold to Cleveland, 2. Rosen to NY! How freakin lucky is NY to have Eli and then smoothly transition to Rosen. They won't miss a beat, very similar skill set. It will be like Rodgers taking over for Favre in GB.

41 minutes ago, LEBills said:

im not sure how the new Colts GM will draft but I assume he would trade down if someone was willing.

If I were the Colts GM and Darnold/Rosen went #1&#2 I would do a shot every time the phone rang before I drafted the most explosive player in the draft

11 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If I were the Colts GM and Darnold/Rosen went #1&#2 I would do a shot every time the phone rang before I drafted the most explosive player in the draft

Their phone will go nuts by QB desperate teams trying to get ahead of Broncos and Jets. Add Cardinals to the list now that Palmer retired. Could be highly lucrative for Colts to trade back.

How about Cleveland. They could end up with Darnold AND Barkley as a result. Wow what an infusion of offense that would be. Similar to Dak and Elliott in Dallas

Edited by kdiggz

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I was expecting a Shermanesque statement statement from at least one of them:

""If drafted by the Browns, I will not play."

With the Browns holding the first pick, I think I'd stay in school rather than risk it.

3 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Considering Darold wasn't very impressive in the bowl game any chance he falls out of the top 10?

Yes. In fact I’d be startled if he goes earlier. All the Sanchez references seem legit to me and I certainly don’t see him as a Day 1starter. Not even Year 1, if he’s drafted by a team not desperate for anyone. 

This said -and to your perceived point, I wouldn’t be thrilled if the Bills selected him.

4 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Considering Darold wasn't very impressive in the bowl game any chance he falls out of the top 10?

Can’t see him falling out of the top 5.   

He he had a rough night overall but still showed why there is so much buzz.  I’d be thrilled if the Bills got him.  He’d have to sit for a year, but long term he’d be worth it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.