Bills/Jags . Do you agree with this assessment?

RECAP: I'd absolutely love the Bills if McCoy were 100 percent. The Jaguars have been overrated most of the year. Everyone was touting them during their three-game winning streak, which included "impressive" home wins against the Colts, Texans and a Seahawk team missing four of the five best players in their back seven. A Seahawk team that couldn't even beat Arizona at home in Week 17. Excluding that three-game home win streak, what have the Jaguars done in the second half of the season? They used their starters and couldn't even beat the Titans. They were blown out in San Francisco. They lost to the Blaine Gabbert-led Cardinals. They led the Browns just 10-7 in the fourth quarter. Jacksonville is not a good team.

The Jaguars and Bills are even, as far as I'm concerned, and with McCoy on the field, I'd make Jacksonville only -3.5 at most. Perhaps even -3.

Unfortunately, McCoy's injury complicates things. I still like the Bills though. This spread is too high for what should be a low-scoring grinder. Also, of the two quarterbacks, I trust Taylor more. Not only is Taylor more careful with the football, but he's also healthier. Bortles got hurt last week, and no one's talking about it. He was bad the entire game, but he was utterly awful after limping off the field at the end of the second quarter. I can't believe that he remained on the field in the second half. Seriously, how stupid is Marrone!?

Can you guess whose website this Recap was from? Take a guess. Funny, I never really agreed  with most of their stuff but this seems pretty spot on.

If Mccoy was normal and had never been injured in the last game, I would not "love" our odds in this game.

I think we have a shot at it; will depend on an extra good effort from our D, winning the turnover battle, and Tyrod surprising with one of his better games instead of one of his lesser games.

If that all lines up, we can win.

Tyrod is going to have to find it within himself to come up with some big, big plays at key moments if we win.

Doesn't have to be a perfectly thrown 65 yard bomb....but maybe evading a sack, scrambling, letting the D break down...throwing for 15 yards to Clay (?) and then getting 25 yards after the catch on a critical 3rd down.  

Tyrod can do stuff like that...he's going to have to do it in this game!

Simple game plan.  Shut down Fournette.  Get to Bortles.  Fournette is going to get at least 25 touches. Jags will try and hammer Fournette right at the Bills.  This is a bad matchup for the Bills offense.  Jags have two very good m2m corners.  Bills will need a big game from Clay, a couple turnovers and a big play on special teams to have a chance.   

Its almost a coordinators game bc our offense with a hobbled McCoy is less than garbage and strictly from a roster standpoint they have a better team than we do. We have a better QB but not enough of a margin to move vegas.

Their offense without the running game is garbage with a side of interceptions.

If we can scheme us to shut down their run and force bortles to pass to win, Bortles will throw a few back breaking picks to poyer, hyde, and tre white.

Comes down to shutting down their run, and the bills offense having enough chunk yardage plays off an uncharacteristically prolific air attack. Hoping our OC studies what the seachickens did vs the jags and emulate it since he has the store brand verson of RW with TT.

Protect the ball, force Bortles arm to beat you, find a run game and get TT in groove passing the ball with clay,  o leary, and benjamin to counter their top CBs.

McCoy is our best player. Period. Without him Tyrod has to play like Joe Montana or channel his inner spirit animal 2012 version of Joe Flacco to win with no run game and a ballhawking top flight  2ndary

1 hour ago, BillsFan1 said:

Simple game plan.  Shut down Fournette.  Get to Bortles.  Fournette is going to get at least 25 touches. Jags will try and hammer Fournette right at the Bills.  This is a bad matchup for the Bills offense.  Jags have two very good m2m corners.  Bills will need a big game from Clay, a couple turnovers and a big play on special teams to have a chance.   

Their corners are of no concern.

Tyrod rarely uses his receivers,so it comes down to clay and anyone else not considered a WR.

It will be a low scoring game.

1 hour ago, BillsFan1 said:

Simple game plan.  Shut down Fournette.  Get to Bortles.  Fournette is going to get at least 25 touches. Jags will try and hammer Fournette right at the Bills. 

Marrone would prefer to win by never passing the ball; our key to victory is to stop the run and win the turnover battle. 

Additionally we need to be on the lookout for a fake punt when Marrone decides to punt on 4th and 1 from the 35....

If Mccoy plays I like the chances alot more which is true.  Jacksonville is a streaky team and I think play to the level of there competition.  I think they expect to win and Buffalo will give them all they can handle even if Mccoy is out.  The game comes down to Blake Bortles he is either gonna make big throws or he will throw Ints.  

The Bills have a chance but I wouldn’t say the Jaguars are “overrated.” You are what your record says you are.

The Bills need to run the ball somehow to have a chance- Shady or not. It’s a road playoff game against a team with a great DL and the Bills don’t have an elite passing game. If they try to air it out then they’re going to get killed.

... and they need the defense to play lights out.

Edited by vincec

I actually think the 7.5 line is too high for what I think will be a close, low(er) scoring game.  But if McCoy can't play I could see a scenario where the game gets ugly really quickly.  Jaguar's pass D is #1 in the NFL...

If I weren't a Bills fan, I'd be tempted to put some $$ on the Bills to cover, but I'm not sure I want the Bills playoff hopes AND $$ on the line in the same game.  That could end up being a really bad day if the Bills get blown out.

Bills will not be able to move the ball consistently.  JAGS D real good.  Give up the points and ride Fournette.  Jags cover.  20-6 :{

I live in Jax and am a Bills Lifer.  Marrone is going to put Bortles on short leash and ride Jags D and Fournette.  Take the under too.

19 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Its almost a coordinators game bc our offense with a hobbled McCoy is less than garbage and strictly from a roster standpoint they have a better team than we do. We have a better QB but not enough of a margin to move vegas.

Their offense without the running game is garbage with a side of interceptions.

If we can scheme us to shut down their run and force bortles to pass to win, Bortles will throw a few back breaking picks to poyer, hyde, and tre white.

Comes down to shutting down their run, and the bills offense having enough chunk yardage plays off an uncharacteristically prolific air attack. Hoping our OC studies what the seachickens did vs the jags and emulate it since he has the store brand verson of RW with TT.

Protect the ball, force Bortles arm to beat you, find a run game and get TT in groove passing the ball with clay,  o leary, and benjamin to counter their top CBs.

McCoy is our best player. Period. Without him Tyrod has to play like Joe Montana or channel his inner spirit animal 2012 version of Joe Flacco to win with no run game and a ballhawking top flight  2ndary

Yes.  On point.