The last time the Bills were in the playoffs...

DC Tom

- My favourite TV show of all time was in its prime - NYPD Blue

- My childhood football team - The Balmain Tigers - was playing its final season after 92 years in the Australian Rugby League. They were the reason I chose to support the Buffalo Bills. Balmain lost two "deciders" in 1988 & 1989 (the second one with a minute left on the clock, which they then lost in OT) and, sadly, would never be champions in my lifetime:

The pain I felt that day was on a par with "wide right".

So when i learnt that Buffalo had lost 4 straight from 1990 to 1993, there was no other choice - I had to be a Bills fan!! I figured that tortured souls had to stick together.

And I guess that sort of makes it 6 straight losses for me. It's also not a stretch to say that I understood what it meant to feel like a Bills fan before Bills fans knew what it meant to feel like Bills fans!

The irony of the Bengals doing it for us brought additional tears to my eyes.

Apologies for the diversion, but i had to tell the story, on today of all days.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

I went nuts over the TD but, remembering the MCIFP, my joy was quickly tempered by the 0:44 still on the clock. It wasn't until the last play that I let myself truly enjoy the moment.

Fixed it for you.

Last time the Bills were in the playoffs, January of 2000

-I was fresh out of college driving my first car that I owned a 1985 Buick Century.

-Angelfire sites, ICQ and AOL IM were the social media of the time

-WCW was still a pro wrestling promotion

-Terrible music plagued the radio stations regardless of preferred genre, Napster was the way around it.

-I was laughing at the overbearing obnoxious wing nut families that my family knew for wasting thousands of dollars on bulk food and prepping supplies over the  two years before to prepare for the y2k while shaming the rest of us who weren't doing the same thing.

Edited by dgrochester55

19 hours ago, DC Tom said:
  • I hadn't met my wife yet.
  • AOL was "the internet."
  • The iPod didn't even exist.
  • Bill Clinton was president.
  • The World Trade Center was still standing.

What else?

I was drunk again and quit being a fan for over a decade.

Honesty I recall the Day.

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

The movie my avatar pic was from may still have been fresh in people's minds

I hadn't even heard of that movie until a couple of years ago. My wife and I just watched it recently, for the first time.