Playoff Bound Baby! - The Drought is Over!!!

12 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

I knew exactly what I needed to do. I've been planning this for years.  I grabbed my bills flag and headed to downtown McMinnville OR.  I ran the length of downtown and back/both sides and stopped in to every bar waving my flag.  I got a great reception every place I went into.

Mac will never be the same. Hello from Dallas. No not that DallASS :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Coming out of shock today.  Wow, it really happened.  My 2 sons were in high school for the last playoff game.  They were in grade school during the SB years.  We saw Deion run down Beebe at a reg season game in ATL in the original Atlanta Stadium (which is now a parking lot).  Attended the Steeler game when they stole our best playoff chances in 04 with Willie Parker's breakout game.  Last night, we brought in the New Year shouting for our Bills!!!!   Awesome!!!  Go Bills!!!

In all the fandamonium that's been happening the last 24 hrs, I completely forgot that my birthday is this Sunday. Never thought over these last 17 years that the first time I'd be seeing the bills play a playoff game would be on my birthday. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Steptide said:

In all the fandamonium that's been happening the last 24 hrs, I completely forgot that my birthday is this Sunday. Never thought over these last 17 years that the first time I'd be seeing the bills play a playoff game would be on my birthday. 

Here's to the Bills gifting you with a playoff win. :thumbsup:

Just now, matter2003 said:

And in a twist of fate...

It ended with the same score as when it began...

22-16...same score as our loss in the "Forward Lateral" game.

We're damned fortunate that it didn't end up 23-22 with the ST blunder that gave MIA a chance at the end before Poyer's INT. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

We're damned fortunate that it didn't end up 23-22 with the ST blunder that gave MIA a chance at the end before Poyer's INT. 

That wasn't what destiny had in mind for us on this day...

Edited by matter2003

Bills playoff drought ends thanks to tiebreaker that hadn't been used since 2010

The Bills might be the most improbable playoff team in recent NFL history

Let's start with the fifth seed in the AFC, which was earned by Tennessee. The Titans got the fifth spot thanks to a pretty common tiebreaker: Conference record. Tennessee's 8-4 mark in the AFC was better than the Bills (7-5), Ravens (7-5) and Chargers (6-6). 

Now, this is where things get interesting. The fact that the Chargers had a head-to-head win over Bills didn't matter in the tiebreaker for the sixth spot because it was a three-way tie. In that case, conference record is used, which eliminated the Chargers because they had the worst AFC record out of the three teams. 

That left the Bills and Ravens. 

Since both teams went 7-5 in the AFC, that takes us to our next tiebreaker, which is, "Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games." The two teams played five common games this season, and they BOTH went 4-1. So yup, we have another tie, so we have to move on to the next tiebreaker. 

The next tiebreaker is based on strength of victory. The Bills finished the season with a .396 strength of victory, which gave them the sixth spot over the Ravens, who finished with a .299 strength of victory.